I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent more on parking than the car in HI. That does not seem right. HHV was $52 a day. Thank goodness for the Aspire credit.
We also were thankful for the Aspire credit to cover parking and some food credits at HHV. I think we paid $350-$400 for our rental last year. I have a reservation for $500 (same car type) for next month. But when I check for cheaper rates lately it's $600-$1500!

Ok I called an audible and apped for the Disney card which will put me at 5 cards. It's at 30 days right now, which given the last biz app/denial doesn't surprise me. I imagine they'll want me to move credit around, why they can't just do that on their own like amex does...

Anyway at what point do I go to a person, when it hits 7 to 10 days? Not used to having to deal with it.

I called 5 minutes after I didn't get an auto approval on my CSP. I think they said 2 weeks but I don't really remember. It was a matter of moving credit. Why wait if you don't have to?

And, I just got the 5% for $1500 on my Disney card. Had 'almost' closed it with the intention of waiting a bit and referring myself from my daughter's card, which I will do eventually. I'm at 1/24, I think it is or maybe 2/24....whatever it's low!

Anyway, I rushed to the sock drawer to pull out DD's card and look for the 5% bonus. I have $13.69 in disney dollars stranded there. The 5% would have been awesome on that card, but no, it's on mine, which isn't bad. But I want to get my $13.69 up to $20 so I can close it and not at a penny on the $1.

I called 5 minutes after I didn't get an auto approval on my CSP. I think they said 2 weeks but I don't really remember. It was a matter of moving credit. Why wait if you don't have to?

And, I just got the 5% for $1500 on my Disney card. Had 'almost' closed it with the intention of waiting a bit and referring myself from my daughter's card, which I will do eventually. I'm at 1/24, I think it is or maybe 2/24....whatever it's low!

Anyway, I rushed to the sock drawer to pull out DD's card and look for the 5% bonus. I have $13.69 in disney dollars stranded there. The 5% would have been awesome on that card, but no, it's on mine, which isn't bad. But I want to get my $13.69 up to $20 so I can close it and not at a penny on the $1.

Because if I can avoid a person I'd rather. But you're right and it hasn't changed yet. I'll talk with someone sincr I imagine that's the issue.

Because if I can avoid a person I'd rather. But you're right and it hasn't changed yet. I'll talk with someone sincr I imagine that's the issue.

She wouldn't help me because it's still under review. Is there a different number from the status line I need to call?

She said they'd reach out to me if it's just for moving credit, haha ok. I think I just got a regular rep since when I got to the end of the status it only gave me the option to entering my card number or going back to the main menu.

I just received the Amex paypal credit that was missing from February. They've finally caught up!

Today I got an offer to do a timeshare presentation:

If your vacations have been on pause, it’s time to press play again. You’re invited to reserve a stay in Bonita Springs and fast forward to amazing new memories.

Enjoy a vacation in one of the most scenic areas on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Experience a one-of-a-kind 3-night stay at Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation, all for only $299. Plus, explore new possibilities with 10,000 Bonus Points.

Begin your next adventure. You have until April 2, 2021, to purchase and 12 months to visit.*
I received that one for my husband and tossed it yesterday because in a moment of weakness during a call to Hilton for my FNC, I bought a Hilton Grand Vacation one for Orlando. I don't plan on buying a timeshare so I hope they aren't too high pressure.

I just received the Amex paypal credit that was missing from February. They've finally caught up!

I received that one for my husband and tossed it yesterday because in a moment of weakness during a call to Hilton for my FNC, I bought a Hilton Grand Vacation one for Orlando. I don't plan on buying a timeshare so I hope they aren't too high pressure.
I still have my Hilton Kona use. Had the island been more open we would have used it the other week.

Time to get my Disney Visa out of the sock drawer. 5% back on all purchases up to $1500 April 1-June 30. Perfect timing for anyone planning a DW trip. I was going to use some URs and MRs to get gift cards for food, etc...But will just put everything on this card after April 1. I have thought about cancelling this card so many times since I never use it. But with a trip coming up it makes sense to forgo earning URs and MRs for the time being. It will help me conserve the URs and MRs I have now too.

(It will be nice not having to think about which card to use every time I make a purchase.)

You have to sign up for the bonus - here is the info:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...ted-marriott-hyatt-ihg-disney-aarp-starbucks/
Thank you! I was able to get both the promo ending in March and sign up for the one starting in April. This only worked on my account, DW didn't have either.

If you go to Disney Springs they will give you a redemption card and you can move that $13.69 over to it. You have to have $20 to get a new one online.

You know, they get you with that almost 'free' thing. I was tempted because of the extra 10K points - worth about $250 to me! But, I've already got too many options for vacation, and they only gave until April 2nd to decide.

It's 20K per night for a standard suite there, so not unattainable if I wanted to go sometime.

If you go to Disney Springs they will give you a redemption card and you can move that $13.69 over to it. You have to have $20 to get a new one online.

Really? It being DD's card I never really considered this alternative. So, all I really have to do is pick up a packet at guest services and have her call Chase and move it onto the card? Don't need to be at $20 for a first time if you get the redemption card at Disney? Yay!!! Thank you!

A few years ago I got the packet for myself at Guest Services in Epcot and moved my points while sitting outside, then treated myself to dinner. $13.69 may get me breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.....I'm the one that put the spend on the card.

Really? It being DD's card I never really considered this alternative. So, all I really have to do is pick up a packet at guest services and have her call Chase and move it onto the card? Don't need to be at $20 for a first time if you get the redemption card at Disney? Yay!!! Thank you!

A few years ago I got the packet for myself at Guest Services in Epcot and moved my points while sitting outside, then treated myself to dinner. $13.69 may get me breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.....I'm the one that put the spend on the card.
I did this a year ago in January. Rewards posted after we spent the card we had (the CM threw it out)...I think we had $11.xx and was able to do it no problem.

I have a large spot from vole who decided my yard would be fun to eat so we’ll be working on cleaning up his mess this spring.

I had to google for vole. I was going to offer my gopher in exchange but the gopher is just making a mess out of sight under my shed, which is further back in my yard.

You do have to have $20 for the initial load. After that, to reload the card, it's $10.

A little wwyd

We will be traveling the week after Thanksgiving. Dh and I both have to work that weekend so we can’t leave until Monday.
However I get out at 8am and Dh gets out at noon on Sunday. JetBlue has a 4pm flight which gets us to Orlando Sunday night at 7.

Should I stick with my original plans of flying out Monday morning 6/7 am or Sunday evening? I have no JetBlue points so I’ll have to use my URs that I would prefer to save for Hawaii. Or we can fly free using our Southwest points Monday.

We will head to Epcot that Monday no matter what. All I want to do is ride the Ratatouille ride and get DD4 on Frozen. Don’t care about anything else in Epcot.

Keep in mind that Sunday is the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Thinking traffic to airport and airport might be much worse than Monday?
It sounds like you might be leaning this way anyway, but I would stick with the Monday plan. What time would you expect to get to EPCOT?

First, I feel like there is some "trick" to upgrading and then downgrading again shortly after? Can someone refresh my memory or lead me to a place where that is discussed?

Second, is the AF back to $550? I see that it is for new apps but wondering if that has been true for renewals and upgrades as well.

Yes the AF will be $550 to upgrade. Mine was charged 3 months after upgrading.

I think it’s best practice to keep a card open for the full year after upgrading. Your travel credit will reset after holding the card for a year. At that time you can use the travel credit again, and then downgrade if you like when the 2nd AF posts.

That’s crazy. Why would they do it that way when they know it’s supposed to be 2 doses. I went to Giant and they immediately scheduled us for 4 weeks later and the same time as our 1st dose. Of course, poor DS won’t be happy since our appts are 6:30 and 7:00 am so he will need to get up early and go with us since he has school on-site that day and we won’t make it trying to get home and then go to school.
Yes, I was a little annoyed that they would not schedule us for the second doses. So we basically have to stalk the website to see if any appointments are available in 3-4 weeks when we're ready for our second dose. If not, the pharmacist said I can start calling in again to see if there are "expiring doses". I don't know if this is just Walgreens or what. There is news articles online from the past day or so if you google it, but basically I wish I had known this going into it and I'm kind of ticked off that this is not going to be an "easy" process. I do know a friend of a friend that is a pharmacy tech at a Walgreens that is a bit farther out from us, so if it comes down to it I may need to call in a favor to see if they can let us know of leftovers so we can get the second dose when the time comes.
My brother and his partner got their shots this way and he was able to schedule their second shot easily online. Just had to do it a few days before it was due to be done though.
Glad to hear that it worked for them! Our state has a MAJOR deficit of shots, so that's another reason I'm pessimistic about this. We personally know people that have been trying to schedule their first dose for WEEKS now, under phase 1b, and cannot. There are never any appointments open. Our Ingles has a 4 page waitlist just to be contacted about an appointment when they DO have vaccine availability. It's a problem in our state. I saw a news article that showed that we are near the bottom for vaccine allotments. Out of the 50 states, we were like number 48 for basically getting the bare minimum number of vaccines allotted to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter