• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install the browser extension or button for the respective portal. I know TCB and Rakuten have buttons. There’s also a deal right now to install the airline shopping portal buttons: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/inst...n-get-1000-500-bonus-miles-25-spend-required/

Warning: If you install multiple buttons, at least on Chrome, they’ll all appear as a pop up whenever you’re on a site that is eligible for cash/points back.

Check cashbackmonitor to see which portal is offering the best rebate, click through your email and get directed to Priceline, click the portal button or the pop up window that appears on the upper right corner of the browser to activate cash back before you book.
Got it...thanks so much...again!

Rates on cars change constantly, I checked at least 3x daily when planning a trip.... IDK if that's different now after Covid changes tho. I'd die before paying 9k in any currency to rent a car....:headache: I mean, I could go on the craigslist near the airport area and buy a random cheap used van to use for the week for less money!
Hilarious...but you're right.

That’s what I was planning to go off of but a few others told me to talk to the chef to make sure it absolutely doesn’t contain dairy. Did you guys always just go based off the menu? That would be a lot easier for us. We’re on the first step of introducing dairy so hopefully we won’t have to even deal with it
We never had a problem ordering from QS. You usually talk to a manager and your meal is handled separate and comes with an allergy pick and usually the tray is also a different color. My DS allergies were dairy (we did the slow introduction and now he can have dairy), egg and peanut.

CALLING THIS A RUMOR FOR NOW:
Chase increasing SUB on CSR/CSR on March 21st?
  • CSR SUB increasing to 60k
  • CSP SUB increasing to 80k + $50 grocery statement credit
This was posted on r/churning - trying to get an understanding of where this information came from (rumor, internal Chase, blog, confirmed source, etc.)

For now, if you were planning to grab a Sapphire card or do a Sapphire MDD, I'd hold off a couple of weeks to see if we can get some clarity here. These increases are fairly significant amounts!

...Shoot. Chase historically matches if you haven't met MSR yet... right?

...Shoot. Chase historically matches if you haven't met MSR yet... right?

Chase historically matches within 3 months, even if you’ve met MSR. May be even easier if you’ve met MSR, since - if Chase approves the match - Chase will just immediately add the points to your account vs. if you haven’t met MSR yet, telling you they’ll match and SM them again when you’ve met MSR.

Chase historically matches within 3 months, even if you’ve met MSR. May be even easier if you’ve met MSR, since - if Chase approves the match - Chase will just immediately add the points to your account vs. if you haven’t met MSR yet, telling you they’ll match and SM them again when you’ve met MSR.

Hmm. I had a successful Sapphire MDD in early January. If these upgraded bonuses hit, is it worth the extra eyes on my account to try and get the increased points?

CALLING THIS A RUMOR FOR NOW:
Chase increasing SUB on CSR/CSR on March 21st?
  • CSR SUB increasing to 60k
  • CSP SUB increasing to 80k + $50 grocery statement credit
This was posted on r/churning - trying to get an understanding of where this information came from (rumor, internal Chase, blog, confirmed source, etc.)

For now, if you were planning to grab a Sapphire card or do a Sapphire MDD, I'd hold off a couple of weeks to see if we can get some clarity here. These increases are fairly significant amounts!
CONFIRMED VIA SCREENSHOT PROVIDED TO DOC:
Chase increasing SUB on CSR/CSR

DoC Post for those interested:
Chase Sapphire Preferred 80,000 Public Online Signup Bonus + $50 Grocery Credit (Begins March 21) - Doctor Of Credit

We never had a problem ordering from QS. You usually talk to a manager and your meal is handled separate and comes with an allergy pick and usually the tray is also a different color. My DS allergies were dairy (we did the slow introduction and now he can have dairy), egg and peanut.
We’re working on the slow introduction of dairy now. He’s teething awful so we’re taking a short break to make sure his fussiness isn’t from the dairy

Hmm. I had a successful Sapphire MDD in early January. If these upgraded bonuses hit, is it worth the extra eyes on my account to try and get the increased points?

That is a risk assessment everyone needs to make for themselves. I wouldn’t suggest SMing for a match if you’re outside of 3 months since approval. I’d also request one match at a time.

Delta peeps! Watch out for DoC pointing people towards dummy booking offer on the DL Gold Personal that includes a $200 statement credit after a DL purchase. The $200 home furnishing credit now shows via support link on the DL Gold personal card and the sign up bonus is the same as the dummy booking. If you snag it via support link you wouldn't have to make a DL purchase + you would bag the support link.

(The DL dummy booking story hit before the $200 furnishing credit so maybe he will update his recommendation.)

Last edited:
DL peeps! Watch out for DoC pointing people towards dummy booking offer on the DL Gold Personal that includes a $200 statement credit after a DL purchase. The $200 home furnishing credit now shows via referral on the DL Gold personal card and the sign up bonus is the same as the dummy booking. If you snag it via referral you wouldn't have to make a DL purchase + you would bag the referral.

(The DL dummy booking story hit before the $200 furnishing credit so maybe he will update his recommendation.)

Totally read that as DisneyLand peeps. Yeah, totally waiting for news about booking offers when it reopens. 😂

I have a few questions as I am finally below 5/24 and my wife will be below 5/24 next month. If I have a CIC can I apply for a CIU? I see that it looks like Chase is increasing the bonus for the CSP to 80K. When they did this last year did they ever allow you to refer someone and you get the 15K for the referral and they get the 80K deal? If I can't refer for the higher bonus then I'll close or PC my CSP when the AF hits this month and have my wife apply. How much credit can you have with Chase? Currently I have $50K in credit across 3 personal cards (CF, Disney, and CSP) and $8K on my CIC. My wife also has the no AF Disney card and we only use it for special photo opportunities and savings in the parks. I don't think we both need one if having the credit will limit what I can get from Chase in the future.

GOAL: Disney trip already booked for January of 2022, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort with 4 day park passes, then changing hotels (not sure which one yet, considering Hard Rock Hotel for the free Unlimited Express passes) and spending a day or two at Universal.

[I do have 2 cards with balances at 0% (Citi Double Cash and DiscoverIt Cash back) that were transferred balances before I learned about points/rewards, sadly I am still working to pay those off but they are sort of out of the “equation” of travel rewards for now. They can be safely disregarded for the purposes of this post and just focus on the rest of the cards that get paid off every month. ]

P1 (me):

(List 5/24 cards)

Marriot Bonvoy

Chase Sapphire Preferred (approx 65k UR points currently)

United Explorer

a dumb Lowe’s card

Citi Double Cash

P2 5/24 cards:

Citi Double Cash (AU but recently removed so hopefully won’t count for 5/24)

AU on the Marriot Bonvoy card above

P1: approx 730-740 score, 7 hard inquiries in part due to refinancing two properties (home and rental) last year, ]][2 of those will drop off by the end of 2021, but in general I think I will be dancing close to the fire by trying to get approved for any other cards this year plus I am already at 5/24, so will focus mainly on P2.

P2 Used to have an 800+ credit score but we ignored credit cards for a long while/didn’t use them and didn’t realize that companies just close old accounts without even notifying you, so a few old accounts (10 and 12 year old cards) got closed and drastically reduced his age of credit and utilization rate. So, I added P2 as an AU on a couple of my cards (older than 2 years) with $0 balances and high available credit to improve his credit utilization. I took him off as an AU on another card with a balance that I had added him on as AU before I knew about 5/24, etc. Currently P2’s score is around 675-730 and unfortunately got denied for CSP a few weeks ago, but I expect the score to jump quite a bit once the updates I made come into effect.

Ideally I would like to have him get the CSP within a few months. I’m really nervous about a denial, though! Those welcome points will be so helpful, which I expect to put towards airfare.

On my Marriot Bonvoy I am Gold Elite and I have approx 250k points. Originally I had considered staying at the Dolphin at Disney and using the Marriot points (it would take all of them) but after much consideration went with doing the full Disney experience for our first family trip to Disney and staying at 100% Disney hotel. I could move to a Marriot hotel after the Disney portion of our trip but those free Unlimited Express passes at Universal Hard Rock Hotel are so tempting….

Convenience is important as well as avoiding time waiting in line at the parks. I’m willing to spend more for those things.

United is the only airline that flies our of our local airport. I would absolutely love to fly Southwest but the closest airport to me that Southwest flies out of is 5 hours away and that would not be cool with little kids to travel that far to and from the airport. I really just want to fly out of my local airport, I know it will be more expensive. I just got the United Explorer card and will make the minimum spend to get the welcome bonus of 40k points.

If you’ve made it to the end of this, I applaud you!

If you have any thoughts about next steps, I would gladly take them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter