• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this posted in another group - 5% back on gas up to $150 this month on Freedom. Has to be activated. Looks like it may just be classic Freedom, as it didn’t work for my CFF or CFU.
https://www.chase.com/mybonus/Freed...vVcz7itoDWf6y0QVYFWyj4cu3t3AO8EWOKPIOhif1Gwgk

Woooo thanks! Now just to remember to use that when I'm getting gas vs the CSR.

Add me to the people who don't have the Motley Fool Credit from Amex, but I got the notice. I'm gonna guess they are going to wait until the 30 days.

Has anyone used the Peloton offer on the CSR or CSP? How are the classes?
I have it. I’ve only done the treadmill classes and really like them (pre-Covid I did OrangeTheory and the format is similar to their tread blocks). There are a TON of class types and classes to choose from. And it’s free, so why not!

(edited to add - I don’t have a Peloton treadmill; I just use my regular treadmill and it works great!)

Well my SW MDD have been dashed :( I applied for the SW Plus card this morning and got the "we need more time" message. I called the status line and heard the 7-10 day message. I called and the reason given was "too many cards opened in last 2 years." I asked her to read off the cards and somehow they're including a CIP card I got in May 2019 (I think). She didn't say the specific card, just that it was a Chase card with a specific date, which was the same day I applied for a CIP. Of course I didn't realize that until after we hung up so I didn't question it. I'm wondering if I should call Recon again just to say something like "I'm confused because I didn't think they looked at business cards opened for personal credit lines." Any thoughts? I figure the worst they can say is no again. It's just so weird. The only other thing I can think of is that they included a different SW card I pc'd, but that was done in August according to my spreadsheet.
They are pulling this info directly from a credit report. I would advise you to pull a copy of that specific report (which you should be entitled to due to the decline) and compare to determine where the discrepancy is. Chase does not report business cards to personal credit bureaus so I'm somewhat suspect that it is a CIP. You should be able to continue to recon this application in the future if you're able to figure out what's going on there.

EDIT:
All of this assumes that you were specifically declined due to 5/24 and not just due to too many recent accounts which would be a different reason - have you gotten a copy of your decline letter - that would probably be a good first step as what they told you on the phone might not even be the real reason.

Not credit card related but super excited that for the first time since Rise has opened at Hollywood studios cast members can bring guests at the end of the month. So hopefully I will be able to get a boarding pass and finally ride it when we are staying at the Swan/Dolphin. I guess since that was a point redemption it is still card related. Also will be the first time going to the Magic Kingdom since 2019.

Question on UR cards. I don't need to decide this for a couple of months, but want to ask while I am thinking of it. I have a CIU (which I will obviously always keep open), CSP and CIP. I am willing to pay $95 for one card per year (I do not have a CSR and am not comfy with fees that high). Is one of these better than the other to keep open? Can I transfer dh's points to both of these? So far I have only transferred his CIP points to my CIP. I have left his CSP points on his CSP for now.
Any more opinions on this question? :-)

Has anyone used the Peloton offer on the CSR or CSP? How are the classes?
There is a very good variety of classes. I already had my Bike+ ordered before we received this offer. So while I was waiting for the bike I did several different workouts. I have done some of the combo treadmill ones which were fabulous. The workouts, like all workouts, are what you make them. They have many options from meditation, stretching and yoga all the way up to boot camp and everything in between. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it, especially for the $13 monthly option. I have had a Daily Burn subscription for 5 years now and I do the daily “365” still in addition to my Peloton workouts. Daily Burn’s studio is bright and the trainers are very encouraging/happy and I didn’t want to give that up. But Peloton pushes me harder. Especially now with the Bike+ which I can’t recommend enough.

There is a very good variety of classes. I already had my Bike+ ordered before we received this offer. So while I was waiting for the bike I did several different workouts. I have done some of the combo treadmill ones which were fabulous. The workouts, like all workouts, are what you make them. They have many options from meditation, stretching and yoga all the way up to boot camp and everything in between. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it, especially for the $13 monthly option. I have had a Daily Burn subscription for 5 years now and I do the daily “365” still in addition to my Peloton workouts. Daily Burn’s studio is bright and the trainers are very encouraging/happy and I didn’t want to give that up. But Peloton pushes me harder. Especially now with the Bike+ which I can’t recommend enough.
do they have Elliptical workouts?

I just saw the AF for P2 SW priority card posted yesterday. Since the upgraded boardings don't appeal too much to us with family boarding still being an option, I don't see much reason to hang on to it for the $149. Can I use the $75 travel credit before I cancel? Is there any benefit to holding on to any SW cards if we plan to fly a couple times this year? This is the last of the SW cards we have open right now.
I'm trying to decide on this as well. I called earlier today about my Priority card and was offered nothing for retention. Then I tried later for my Plus card and was offered nothing for that one too. I've been using the Plus card regularly for 5x groceries, so I was somewhat hopeful for that one. Please post if you happen to get a retention offer. I have read DPs of people getting one after their first year. I plan to try again in a week or two.

Checking out the Amex Teleflora 15 off 35 offer. It occurred to me to send some valentine flowers to my kids, just a simple arrangement. Maybe $50 or so.

Only things I could find that would fit the price at $35 plus when put in the cart between tax and delivery were over $60. This offer is for 10 times.

But - delivery service fee is $20. I have 3-4 florists within 1-2 miles of me. Plus all the grocery store florists. And my kids live in areas where delivery is very close also.

Anybody else think $20 is too high? In comparison, food delivery for a max of 4.95 - delivered hot! Maybe $20 in an area where that's the only item being delivered all day long, but usually the vans are full of flowers to be delivered.
I was going to send my friend flowers (her bother passed suddenly) using that same offer, but it was cheaper to just use a local company.
To make your decision a little harder, I just got this:

Too bad they weren't with the same florist

For me, it would be an easy decision to keep the CSP over the CIP. I find they have much better bonus categories, offers, benefits. Have you considered PCing your CIP to the CIC? I can't decide if I should do that or just close my CIP.
Not really. I would probably apply for a CIC in 3 months for the SUB. I don't have any office supply stores near me at all, so the 5% doesn't do me any good.

No MF credit for either of our AMEX accounts, but we both got the email that the offer had been redeemed from AMEX. We also both got these emails over the weekend, so I’m guessing this is why our orders never tracked with chase... View attachment 554020
Hmmm, so we may not get it since we didn't use a chase card for the purchase.... I didn't realize that was a requirement until I saw someone post it on here so if I don't get the URs I am not going to complain but so far I don't have them or the credit from Amex.

Hmmm, so we may not get it since we didn't use a chase card for the purchase.... I didn't realize that was a requirement until I saw someone post it on here so if I don't get the URs I am not going to complain but so far I don't have them or the credit from Amex.
They have never enforced that requirement, DH and I both used our Amex card and have the 7,500 points pending

Not really. I would probably apply for a CIC in 3 months for the SUB. I don't have any office supply stores near me at all, so the 5% doesn't do me any good.
The SUB is very enticing but I am concerned about the high spend now that it looks like I won't be able to use plastiq anymore to pay the property taxes.

The SUB is very enticing but I am concerned about the high spend now that it looks like I won't be able to use plastiq anymore to pay the property taxes.
I just started a CIU spend so it's a ways off for me. Unless I get one for DH. But yes, the spend is high. I figured income and property taxes and vet bills will cover most of it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter