I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so confused - We are looking at booking a Hyatt on points in Key West from Feb 28-March 5. My understanding is that we will miss the extra 25% points refund (we are WOH card holders), but I got thinking about a couple other things. Do points bookings still receive free resort fees and free parking? All of the covid updates are so confusing as to what is a temporary benefit and what is just a normal benefit.

The points value and cash really aren't too different when I consider how much PYB gets now, so I'm trying to make sure I"m considering all benefits both ways. We are just discoverists, so I don't believe we get free breakfast or really any other benefits for that.

Free parking is part of the 25% points back promo. You'll also just miss double elite nights. All point bookings have free resort fee, that's a normal benefit.

Off topic-anyone have any experience with grow lights, looking for something smaller than 24x24 inches to start my seedlings?
I use regular fluorescent shop lights and that works well for me. Years ago I built a "shelf" for starting seeds. I hang the lights on the shelf with chain and adjust the length as the seedlings grow. I also have a heat mat and that seems to speed up germination. 🌱
Editing to add that HD sells a 24" fixture, but you may be able to find an under the counter style that is even smaller.

Last edited:

I'm pondering the AMEX Plat with a targeted mailer that expires 1/31 and I'd really like to not see another hard pull right now. Is this for existing AMEX holders or anyone? Typical practice for them?

Also, I STILL haven't received my new Hyatt card and I'm itching to get started on my spending and mattress runs!! I was approved 12/22 so I'm hoping it arrives soon! Wonder if this has to do with the USPS delays and issues...
I am still awaiting my CIC that was approved on 12/17. It’s ridiculous.

I'm pondering the AMEX Plat with a targeted mailer that expires 1/31 and I'd really like to not see another hard pull right now. Is this for existing AMEX holders or anyone? Typical practice for them?

Also, I STILL haven't received my new Hyatt card and I'm itching to get started on my spending and mattress runs!! I was approved 12/22 so I'm hoping it arrives soon! Wonder if this has to do with the USPS delays and issues...
If this is your first Amex card they will pull your credit. Not pulling credit is for existing Amex customers.

Here’s my bad boy that I can’t even walk out to the kitchen and he is waiting for me. We are canceling our trip to FL this month since we aren’t ready to leave him yet. (Even though a good friend agreed to watch him.)
Sorry you're cancelling your trip, but OMG he's such a cutie!

Here’s my bad boy that I can’t even walk out to the kitchen and he is waiting for me. We are canceling our trip to FL this month since we aren’t ready to leave him yet. (Even though a good friend agreed to watch him.)View attachment 548645
We went to Florida for a month and took our animals with us. I decided we can work from a rented house near the beach as easily as from home. I didn't want to leave them either20210107_093644.jpg

We went to Florida for a month and took our animals with us. I decided we can work from a rented house near the beach as easily as from home. I didn't want to leave them either
Are you the one that was "concerned" (I don't know if that's the right word) about traveling in the car that long with your pets? I think you were mainly worried about the cat. How'd it go?

Thanks fo all of your help so far. I'm looking at either a new Hilton Honors or a Marriott card as well. I'm eyeing the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant (100,000/signup, free night and Plat. Elite status). We have two trips planned this year with stays at a Marriott. With the Plat. Elite you get free breakfast and a room upgrade. This won't matter for the first trip, but the second is 5 nights at the Swan. Has anyone experienced the Swan with Plat Elite status? By my calculations, the breakfast credit between our two trips would be 310. That leaves a $140/diff. between card cost and immediate benefits. Some of the lower cards (100/yr) come with about the same number of points, but you don't get Plat Elite status. It says you can get a $300 credit for some purchases on property. However, I can't seem to find what is included in that. What do you think?

Thanks fo all of your help so far. I'm looking at either a new Hilton Honors or a Marriott card as well. I'm eyeing the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant (100,000/signup, free night and Plat. Elite status). We have two trips planned this year with stays at a Marriott. With the Plat. Elite you get free breakfast and a room upgrade. This won't matter for the first trip, but the second is 5 nights at the Swan. Has anyone experienced the Swan with Plat Elite status? By my calculations, the breakfast credit between our two trips would be 310. That leaves a $140/diff. between card cost and immediate benefits. Some of the lower cards (100/yr) come with about the same number of points, but you don't get Plat Elite status. It says you can get a $300 credit for some purchases on property. However, I can't seem to find what is included in that. What do you think?
Anything that is charged to the room, we used it to pay for parking and room service. We’ve also used it to pay for the room itself.

Are you the one that was "concerned" (I don't know if that's the right word) about traveling in the car that long with your pets? I think you were mainly worried about the cat. How'd it go?
It was me. Obviously we all survived. The cat vomited in the car on the first day, but did very well in the hotel overnight (it helped that there was a flickering Christmas tree right outside the window which mesmerized him) and the second day drive was no problem. The dog had no problems at all.

Was able to do support this morning from my wife and successfully approved for Chase Ink Business Cash Card with a 3K limit! Love that support is working again!

Applied yesterday for Barclays Jetblue Business and got the more time message. I will call them in 10 days....just assume nothing will ever happen otherwise based on my experience with the Barclays AA card. Hopefully they won't ask for any "documents."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter