I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Florida for a month and took our animals with us. I decided we can work from a rented house near the beach as easily as from home. I didn't want to leave them eitherView attachment 548652
Too cute! Maybe we’ll do something similar in the summer once he is a bit older and we are sure he is potty trained. Although we are on day 5 of no accidents so he is doing good.

Was able to do support this morning from my wife and successfully approved for Chase Ink Business Cash Card with a 3K limit! Love that support is working again!

Applied yesterday for Barclays Jetblue Business and got the more time message. I will call them in 10 days....just assume nothing will ever happen otherwise based on my experience with the Barclays AA card. Hopefully they won't ask for any "documents."
Adding to the news thread and giving proper credit to Killer Fish but bolding so this doesn't get missed:

You can once again generate Chase Ink support links through the Chase website!

Three Cards... One Landing page to rule them ALL!

Thanks fo all of your help so far. I'm looking at either a new Hilton Honors or a Marriott card as well. I'm eyeing the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant (100,000/signup, free night and Plat. Elite status). We have two trips planned this year with stays at a Marriott. With the Plat. Elite you get free breakfast and a room upgrade. This won't matter for the first trip, but the second is 5 nights at the Swan. Has anyone experienced the Swan with Plat Elite status? By my calculations, the breakfast credit between our two trips would be 310. That leaves a $140/diff. between card cost and immediate benefits. Some of the lower cards (100/yr) come with about the same number of points, but you don't get Plat Elite status. It says you can get a $300 credit for some purchases on property. However, I can't seem to find what is included in that. What do you think?

Being Platinum Elite does not get you as much as you think. It is highly dependent on which Brand of Marriott. The free breakfast can range from a $10 Food and beverage credit, lounge access, restaurant breakfast or nothing at all and usually only good for 2 people. It is all buried in the terms and conditions and is really confusing. I don't believe the Swan gets you any type of breakfast.

Also I am not sure if you are looking at one person getting new cards or one for you and one for spouse, just watch your timing and don't try to do too many at once. And don't add each other as Authorized users on personal cards, business card is fine.

Thanks fo all of your help so far. I'm looking at either a new Hilton Honors or a Marriott card as well. I'm eyeing the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant (100,000/signup, free night and Plat. Elite status). We have two trips planned this year with stays at a Marriott. With the Plat. Elite you get free breakfast and a room upgrade. This won't matter for the first trip, but the second is 5 nights at the Swan. Has anyone experienced the Swan with Plat Elite status? By my calculations, the breakfast credit between our two trips would be 310. That leaves a $140/diff. between card cost and immediate benefits. Some of the lower cards (100/yr) come with about the same number of points, but you don't get Plat Elite status. It says you can get a $300 credit for some purchases on property. However, I can't seem to find what is included in that. What do you think?
You can use it towards your stay. Pay for your room with the card.
Editing to add we got the card for the bonus but justified by the 450 - 300 = 150 af

Was able to do support this morning from my wife and successfully approved for Chase Ink Business Cash Card with a 3K limit! Love that support is working again!

Applied yesterday for Barclays Jetblue Business and got the more time message. I will call them in 10 days....just assume nothing will ever happen otherwise based on my experience with the Barclays AA card. Hopefully they won't ask for any "documents."
Congrats party:

I just used the Capital One Venture rewards to pay for all but $175 of our Disney trip over NYE!!:cool1: This was an old card my husband had opened for me years ago and I had never paid attention to the rewards until I took over the household budget. My CSR $300 credit covered most of the Sanaa lunch we had - it was a big splurge for us as we rarely do sit down meals.

The Bonvoy biz comes with the same promotional 1 year platinum status. It wouldn't add to your 5/24 count for Chase. 100k signup. Free night up to 35k, so it wouldn't work for the Swan.

The Brilliant has an additional 25k bonus after the first renewal, but I don't know how fast that would post, if you were going to cancel after a year. For planning purposes, keep in mind that the Amex free nights tend to post well after renewal (usually a couple months).

You can use the support link from the plat biz to cross-support. If the plat biz is your DH's, then you can use the support link to apply to the Bonvoy for you (never self support).

I just called AmEx for a retention offer on my personal plat and got offered either 50,0000 MR or a $500.00 statement credit. I took the 50,000 MRs -- I can easily convert them to airline miles and get more then a $500.00 value. Wish I could get dh to call for a retention offer on his card :headache:.

You can chat! Do it during regular business hours.

If I app for a CiC,and get denied for the *biz* can I try for a personal branded card that same day (if I'm denied for the biz card) or should I wait till next day,or must I wait 30 days?

If I app for a CiC,and get denied for the *biz* can I try for a personal branded card that same day (if I'm denied for the biz card) or should I wait till next day,or must I wait 30 days?
If denied, you could try same day for a personal card. You might not know if you're denied that quickly... for example it could go pending for awhile. BUT in theory, yes, you could apply same day for a personal.

Haley... uhhh let's be honest here. We could basically use a daily pic of your baby 😂 It's been a rough year ok!
Haha I figured it might make some people mad so I try to only do it occasionally. Since you said something I’ll share some more

Attachments

• A7DEC1B2-10A0-4D6E-AE91-6D3C1C37DBF0.jpeg
    A7DEC1B2-10A0-4D6E-AE91-6D3C1C37DBF0.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 5113725E-FB7C-4323-9B85-B4313B8D3204.png
    5113725E-FB7C-4323-9B85-B4313B8D3204.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 11724BA8-8A42-4074-A40B-2D0A4B4D0FF2.jpeg
    11724BA8-8A42-4074-A40B-2D0A4B4D0FF2.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 50
  • A0EA603E-A178-48D0-A3FE-6837B637A05B.jpeg
    A0EA603E-A178-48D0-A3FE-6837B637A05B.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter