• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long the $750 SUB with CIU will be available? I jumped the gun and applied for the CFU for the 5% grocery, which I don’t regret, but realized from others I should have done the reverse—apply for CIU and then the CFU. Anyway, I’m stuck waiting at least 30 days for the CIU and just hoping the offer will still be available.
Chase does not change their offers often. While anything could happen, I would say that it's likely this offer will be around for months.

I need more Hilton Head points! I wonder what is the minimum they will let you buy these days?

:) DH recently set up a new joint gmail account that we both can access, and I am gradually switching all his cards emails to that one. Since I do all the financial stuff anyway, I also set up all the utilities in our new house in my name.
This is exactly what I did, my HD doesn’t touch any of the finances or cares how many cards I open for us, he just ask that he always has a Visa in his wallet. Right now he has my Plat & Hyatt.

Off Topic - My son's big $ gift was supposedly delivered by USPS today. It's wasn't. The tracking shows delivered, but to the wrong town. Has anyone had their tracking show the wrong town and actually received their package?
If your local PO is close and you are able to, I’d go down with the tracking number...they can see exactly where is was deliver to by the scan GPS

Yes. I stayed at the Hyatt, and I was there during the Air Show which had gotten rescheduled.

DGD's went a couple of times with their parents. They now love the Residence Inn because it has a zero entry pool. I'm going to book soon for this summer.

I gave a bit of thought to the Globalist idea, but really the only Hyatts I would probably use are the ones here in Maryland possibly the one in Clearwater. Not really worth the effort for these redemptions, plus I'm happy with them as they stand.

I do want to possibly close and reapply for the card though. If they are going to change my old card, I might as well get something out of the deal. Just will wait til I have a bigger purchase going forward.
We were at the Hyatt during the air show this year too. Pleasant surprise for us. We didn’t know it was rescheduled. It was our only points trip of the year. I hope you had a good time!

Want to apply for Hyatt card. What is the best way to do that? I see the dual offer on the Hyatt site which also has the confirmation of the 10 elite nights in 2020/2021. On the Chase site, it only shows the one offer for 50K points (which is the one I want) but it doesn't say anything about the 10 elite nights (which is the reason I am anxious to do this app before year end). What is everyone doing? I have an irrational fear I use the link on the Hyatt site and somehow it gives me the stmt credit / free night offer (NO!!!).

I have combined and used Amex offers to buy Disney GCs when my savings is 10% or greater so I saved money on dues and earned some MRs in the process.
Where can I find the Amex offers to buy Disney GCs? Are they targeted? Is there a particular store? I'd love to get some more points on my Marriott Amex since my dues are coming up and I only have $300ish from Target this year (I usually try to pick up DGCs at Target here and there throughout the year when I have extra cash.)
Looking for advice booking SW flight using miles (that hopefully can happen this summer!)

flying from east coast to Honolulu. Can’t get direct flight home so I’ll be booking 2 flights.

Is it better to book this as a multicity flight OR as 2 separate flights?
I’ve already priced it out and am looking at
BWI/DCA to SJC then to HON
HON to SJC then BWI/DCA home
Take it from the child of an airline employee, book it as 2 one way flights. Starting city (BWI/DCA) - HNL. Then HNL-BWI/DCA. You want the flight to be in one PNR, one file, because especially right now, your flights are likely to change their times before you fly. You want to put the obligation on the airline to make it so that your layover is long enough/that they will hold the second flight if your first one is delayed.

Nice thing about Southwest is there's no advantage to booking a Round Trip so I always book them as one-ways in case price drops happen that I can take advantage of, especially when getting back points! I frequently get points/credit back whenever I book a flight and a sale runs later.

Last edited:
Want to apply for Hyatt card. What is the best way to do that? I see the dual offer on the Hyatt site which also has the confirmation of the 10 elite nights in 2020/2021. On the Chase site, it only shows the one offer for 50K points (which is the one I want) but it doesn't say anything about the 10 elite nights (which is the reason I am anxious to do this app before year end). What is everyone doing? I have an irrational fear I use the link on the Hyatt site and somehow it gives me the stmt credit / free night offer (NO!!!).

For DH's app, I did a support from my card. It shows the 50k points on the page, but not the 10 elite nights. It's in the terms though, which I saved just in case.

We were at the Hyatt during the air show this year too. Pleasant surprise for us. We didn’t know it was rescheduled. It was our only points trip of the year. I hope you had a good time!

I wasn't expecting it but I enjoyed it. I rented a chair and umbrella and went back and forth to my room all day. The Hyatt had the perfect location. Now, I'm trying to figure out what weekend it is in 2021. So much easier than attending an air show on base!

Thinking of closing my Disney card any advice on which card to replace it with? I really only use it to pay for gas and some meals. But it's not doing much for me. I have a CFU and CIP but that is pretty much strictly for my business.

Please post if you figure it out. Might be fun to take DS to.

I just found a date only at www.ocairshow.com .

It's June 19 and 20, 2021. Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: found another site that gave more info. Google OC air show.

It's changed up from last year, with the beach divided into sandboxes for sale.

This is probably right in front of the Courtyard, Hyatt, Quality Inn, and Holiday Inn and Suites in the 15th Street to 17th Street area.

Last year the chair and umbrella guys set up chairs in a line around 7am and sold them as needed, plus would sell you a set to put wherever you wanted it. Looks like at least part of the beach is regulated this year for these sand boxes, which would be really nice except it says they are all sold.

Now, I'm not as interested if I have to walk to find open beach.

I booked 19th and 20th at the Hyatt anyway, pending getting more information. Points rooms were still available (20K). Cash rate is $519 plus tax, about 2.85 cents per point. This may get canceled. I also like to go near the end of July as I like to go to the Greek Festival they have at the convention center, assuming they have it this year.

Where can I find the Amex offers to buy Disney GCs? Are they targeted? Is there a particular store? I'd love to get some more points on my Marriott Amex since my dues are coming up and I only have $300ish from Target this year (I usually try to pick up DGCs at Target here and there throughout the year when I have extra cash.)
When you log into your Amex account, you will see your available offers. Look for ones at stores that sell GCs like Lowe's and Staples and then read the terms and activate the offers. Accounts seem limited to showing up to 100 offers at a time, so in order to get more to show you may want to check your offers regularly and activate some, even those you won't use, to allow more offers to show in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter