I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered DD airpod pros from Costco for Christmas. My local post office got them 12/3. Then they were sent to a post office 60 miles north 12/5. Supposed to be delivered today but they weren't. I hate USPS.
They're crazy lately. I sold an item on EBay and sent it to PA 11/12, it went through a couple towns in IL, to MD, to NJ, back to IL, bounced through a couple towns in IL, back to NJ, bounced through NJ to the buyer 11/25 4494DF0B-5F6B-4683-9423-7B50C269103A.png4903E261-930A-4EFE-8A43-3FA43B79D0F7.png49C22D36-0E3C-4649-8B44-6EC887A01D9A.png

Looking for a new card (or two or three lol) - I'm interested in getting DH the AmEx Platinum. He got a snail mail offer for the 125,000 points which is good through 12/31. I'm also looking at getting the IHG, but I'd like to get that for both of us so our anniversary nights line up going forward.

I'm not sure what the application rules are as far as days needed to wait for Chase and AmEx. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we can meet the spends coming up since the AmEx is 6 months to meet spend.

Our Stats -
DH:
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
02/20 - CIP
06/19 - Arrival+
03/19 - Chase Biz
Also currently holds the CSR (has had since 10/16, so eligible to cancel and reapply for new bonus)

Me:
11/20 - AmEx Plat
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
01/20 - SW Priority (Personal)
10/19 - SW Performance (Biz)
06/19 - Arrival +
05/19 - CIU
01/19 - CIP
I got the CSR 01/17 and the CSP 03/17, so not eligible for sapphire bonus until at least 04/21

Thanks for any advice.

If anyone does swagbucks, they are giving you $100 to sign up for Walmart + and Chase has a $10 off offer. The annual fee is $98. I'm going to give it a shot for a year.

I did that....hoping the 15 day trial does not mess with the chase $10 crediting....my Chase has 7 days left and I don't think it will charge until after the 15 day trial. Also was not showing on my pending right away through SB.....I will just hope for the best I guess.

My tenant finally moved out and the management company might have an investor that wants to buy my house. He's buying a lot of stuff. Keep your fingers crossed that it can work out. As much as the stress when it's going bad makes me want to get rid of it, I also want to get a fair price and not lose money. It's a positive cash flow but with rates low hopefully it would be for this person too.
Good luck to you, hope it works out. I recently sold the house I was using as a rental. It sold in 1 day to a management group from out of state, full asking price.
Wow that’s really bad. We order so much from Amazon and I love when it says usps because I know it’ll come on time. Whenever we see our mail guy on walks he always asks how ds is doing and talks about how big he’s getting. Now I’m thinking we need to give him something nice for Christmas
We have had some great mail carriers over the past 20 years. Our old house, we always chatted with the woman who delivered our mail for years, gave her cookies every Christmas. When she retired, the guy who replaced her was also great. He was off once and his sub delivered our package to the wrong house (we just got a notice it was delivered back then) and when the regular guy returned, he asked at a bunch of houses in his route until he found it. He also got cookies at Christmas. When we moved to current house, the woman we had quickly learned DS's name and always said hi. She frequently delivered mail just as we were coming home from school and usually took a minute to chat. If DS saw her down the street when we arrived home, he would wait until she got to our house so he could say high. He even brought a souvenir back from DLR for her. She changed routes and it's been a mess since then. I'm not sure there's a permanent person on the route, stuff is delivered at all different times, and we frequently get wrong mail.
On a side note, I work in a nursing home and after just a few random covid cases so far we got bombed two weeks ago. Over 60 residents positive and 50 staff. Been working almost around the clock in our red zone- I’m a PT but have been working as a nurses aid basically since mostly nursing staff is who got it. I’m exhausted and need this break more than you can imagine. Finally the National Guard was able to send us some help this week so I’ve been off this week kind of quarantining before our trip- but I’ll still be tested twice this week at my facility- so I can feel fairly confident I won’t be taking covid to Disney with me. Without the National Guard I would’ve had to cancel my trip- so thankful and appreciative of them right now. With DS moving on to the next stage in his life after this spring semester this may be our last family-of-4 vacation.
Good luck. Anything in healthcare stinks right now.

Looking for a new card (or two or three lol) - I'm interested in getting DH the AmEx Platinum. He got a snail mail offer for the 125,000 points which is good through 12/31. I'm also looking at getting the IHG, but I'd like to get that for both of us so our anniversary nights line up going forward.

I'm not sure what the application rules are as far as days needed to wait for Chase and AmEx. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we can meet the spends coming up since the AmEx is 6 months to meet spend.

Our Stats -
DH:
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
02/20 - CIP
06/19 - Arrival+
03/19 - Chase Biz
Also currently holds the CSR (has had since 10/16, so eligible to cancel and reapply for new bonus)

Me:
11/20 - AmEx Plat
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
01/20 - SW Priority (Personal)
10/19 - SW Performance (Biz)
06/19 - Arrival +
05/19 - CIU
01/19 - CIP
I got the CSR 01/17 and the CSP 03/17, so not eligible for sapphire bonus until at least 04/21

Thanks for any advice.

I'm assuming you are going to apply for this offer: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-ihg-premier-140000-points-signup-bonus-with-3000-spend/

And Amex doesn't usually post the card to your credit report until the 2nd statement. So you could apply for it today and it wouldn't report for at least 45 days, I would apply for the Amex first and Chase later (you could even do it on the same day).

Good luck to you, hope it works out. I recently sold the house I was using as a rental. It sold in 1 day to a management group from out of state, full asking price

That's lucky! This investor isn't going to want it for what I want to sell it for. I know this cause the mgmt co guy told me I'd be better off selling it on the reg market which my realtor agreed with.

Unfortunatley, that means more work to have done but better pay off. But also the guy that was living there was a pig. It makes me cry looking at the damage to the trim along the floor and how dirty the white trim and the walls are. Who does and lives like this to start with but then who does it to someone else's property. Literally makes me cry. I'd been good about separating that it had been my home since I moved but seeing it like this ia just upsetting.

Some of the stuff that needs to now be done is because it's an almost 100 year old house and would need it or would have already been done if I was still living there so I'm ok with it. Just will be hard to do it all from so far away but a few months of stress to get rid of the years of back of the mind stress will be worth it. Hopefully I can put a lot of this spend on credit cards, esp as I may need to float a little. Realtor says the market is hot back there and thinks as long as we get the right stuff done it'll sell quickly.

Has anyone gotten the Hyatt bonus to work today? View attachment 542966

The points aren't instant, I think it takes a few weeks. All you have to do is one of the 3 things in the actual hyatt app. I didn't even bothet turning the sound up 😁

I did that....hoping the 15 day trial does not mess with the chase $10 crediting....my Chase has 7 days left and I don't think it will charge until after the 15 day trial. Also was not showing on my pending right away through SB.....I will just hope for the best I guess.
My chase offer says the charge has to go through by 1/15 so I think we should be good. And I don't think it's pending for anyone from what I've heard. I put a calendar notification to remind myself to follow up and I took a screenshot of the offer. But yes, fingers crossed. I figure with the pandemic it will be nice to be able to order things as needed.

Also saw the rumor ihg is extending expiration on fnc’s that expire end of this month. I have one that I’ll lose if they don’t so hoping it’s true! I was just this week considering what I might do to not lose it but it would be great to not feel I have to.

This post jolted my memory to call IHG about an expiring free night, so big thank you to @Limes96 !!! :cheer2: :tink:

So, I just called and was transferred to the rewards department who told me that I would get an email approximately Dec 15 to Dec 20 about the expiring free night and yes, it will be extended. This is my 2019 free night which already had an extension until the end of 2020. They wouldn't say how long the extension would be, but I'll take whatever on this one. I have the $49 card. Also, they thanked me for being a member since 1998. Didn't realize it was that long - time flies when you are having fun!!

Book 1 between
08/05/2019 - 12/31/2020
Book 1 between
08/03/2020 - 02/09/2022
Select IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Anniversary Night

As you can see I now have 2 and don't want to lose either of them. I had actually forgotten about it so good to know it will be safe.

Soon I have to get to work on Marriott as I have 2 expiring in January2021.

Does anyone know how much credit line is needed for a CIC? I want to change my CIU into one. And, Staples qualifies as Office Supply, correct? My CIU only has $4k and I can move some in if needed.

I have a few things I get at Staples on a monthly basis and it's probably a good idea to collect a few extra UR's by doing shop through Chase and delivery. Never bothered before as the store is a half mile or so away. But a dollar is a dollar.
I think it's $5k. And yes, Staples counts.

I can confirm that $5k works. Don't know if less will work for sure, but I don't think so?

I can confirm that $5k works. Don't know if less will work for sure, but I don't think so?

I'll just move 1K over there and then change it. I am in no big hurry. This morning I ordered something small at Staples and last minute remembered to go through Shop with Chase. That was 3x. So...hmmm...5x would be much better!

Anybody who did the recent Bonvoy 5 free night sign up bonus get their nights yet? I've met my MSR but haven't received any info about the sign up bonus. Maybe because my statement has to close first?

Anyone here ever stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Disney Springs? I booked this hotel on Hilton points for this coming week months ago after cancelling 3 trips already this year and thinking I would probably end up cancelling this one but looks like it’s going to happen. Thank goodness! It’ll be our first trip ever not on property but thanks to this board I’ve got more than enough Hilton points to stay without costing me anything but the parking fees and with there being not so many benefits to staying on site right now I figured why not try it? It’ll be nice to have a suite vs our usual room at Pop being that both my kids are now adults. I’m just so used to being on property I’m a little nervous for some reason. Also, I booked a rental car with CIP but am I remembering correctly that insurance is better with CSP? Maybe I should rebook. And does anyone know if airport parking codes as travel or transportation? Trying to figure out which card to put that on.

On a side note, I work in a nursing home and after just a few random covid cases so far we got bombed two weeks ago. Over 60 residents positive and 50 staff. Been working almost around the clock in our red zone- I’m a PT but have been working as a nurses aid basically since mostly nursing staff is who got it. I’m exhausted and need this break more than you can imagine. Finally the National Guard was able to send us some help this week so I’ve been off this week kind of quarantining before our trip- but I’ll still be tested twice this week at my facility- so I can feel fairly confident I won’t be taking covid to Disney with me. Without the National Guard I would’ve had to cancel my trip- so thankful and appreciative of them right now. With DS moving on to the next stage in his life after this spring semester this may be our last family-of-4 vacation.

I’m so happy you are able to get away. I can’t even imagine the stress at your workplace.

Hi Everyone! I haven't been here in a while. I was wondering if I could please get some advice. I'm looking for a new card and I'm not sure what I should do next. My twins are going to be going off to college fall of 2021 so I should have more time to travel. I'm thinking about the Hyatt card because of the extra bonus before 12/31. Here's my current stats:
02/20 AMEX Hilton Aspire
03/19 AMEX Platinum
04/18 AMEX Gold
07/16 CSR received bonus 12/20/16 (PC from CSP in 8/17)
05/16 AMEX SPG (PC to Marriott Brilliant in 09/19 then PC to Bonvoy 11/20)
Business:
10/20 CIC
07/20 CIU
12/19 CIP
02/19 BOA Alaska Business
03/10 AMEX Delta Platinum Business
I would to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Edited because I had the dates wrong on the CSR bonus. I should reach my 48 months this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter