I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own at BWV too, hoping to book there for next November. I didn’t realize the walkers made it so difficult. I usually go online right at the 11 month window and am able to get what I want.
We are BWV owners also...so far as long as we don’t want to book SV studios or 2br villas we have been fine booking at 11 months but with everything going on who knows

We are BWV owners also...so far as long as we don’t want to book SV studios or 2br villas we have been fine booking at 11 months but with everything going on who knows
Last September, booking a 1 bed, standard view, was the first time I ever had an issue. I got stuck with walkers and had to wait a day and keep adding as the walkers dropped their days.

I own at BWV too, hoping to book there for next November. I didn’t realize the walkers made it so difficult. I usually go online right at the 11 month window and am able to get what I want.

As a solo I've mostly been doing standard view studios for F&W, and last November was the first time I've been shut out. But, got my nights one at a time, day by day. Looks like it will be the same this year. The big difference this year is all 3 room types are in play. I like the standard view for location - close to parking, plus I like the very end of the building with the back door to DHS right there, and the path to the bus stop going out the other way. Doesn't hurt that it's less points to combine with what I find convenient.

If you are doing a one bedroom, you won't have a problem, but if you want a studio you may want to take a look now.

People also may be trying to capture the weekend that usually has a race.

Combine this with a lot of people with extra points from cancelations and it's looking like a busy November and December, if things get back closer to normal by next fall.

I started a booking at BCV, but I don't have a lot of BCV points, but it won't hurt to have those nights if I get shut out of any BWV nights.

Last September, booking a 1 bed, standard view, was the first time I ever had an issue. I got stuck with walkers and had to wait a day and keep adding as the walkers dropped their days.

Since I have an October use year, walking gets started before my new use year points are available. I really think it's the possible race that's really triggered this as we've had early December people for many years, and although we would see the nights gone quickly, getting shut out and having to pick up a night at a time while walking behind wasn't an issue.

I see something is going on with Sept 30 and Oct 1st - both gone completely in studios, plus 1 bedroom standard and boardwalk view.

Since I have an October use year, walking gets started before my new use year points are available. I really think it's the possible race that's really triggered this as we've had early December people for many years, and although we would see the nights gone quickly, getting shut out and having to pick up a night at a time while walking behind wasn't an issue.

I see something is going on with Sept 30 and Oct 1st - both gone completely in studios, plus 1 bedroom standard and boardwalk view.
I have an October use year also :-) I haven't looked this year as we dont have anything planned next fall. But I was shocked to have a problem for the first time last year,especially in a one bed. It was the final Illuminations, that might have been part of it.

Second AA supposedly giving everyone with an AA account a 'gift' December 2-16, be it miles, Admirals club pass or Complimentary MCE seat.
Also got an email for $10 off with PayPal when using Discover rewards with a purchase of $50 or more.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I found a link in my email this morning and got 1000 miles.

Well the time I have been dreading may have arrived. Dd texted me last night saying that she can't go to London, the Maldives, Singapore and Dubai in May because she has a computer science course that runs from May to August. I am almost certain that it's online, so I'm not sure why she can't study while we are away (though it would be hard to study in London, Singapore and Dubai where we will have daily activities). I will have to talk with her live about this when she comes home in a few weeks. I'd be willing to trim the trip back a bit by removing Sinapore and Dubai if necessary. The WA Maldives was so hard to get for 9 nights and I don't realistically think I'd be able to get it on points again (they are only releasing rooms in 4 night blocks now and have been for some time). Edited: she said she will have live tutorials and due to time differences it wouldn't work :sad2::sad2:

Enjoy traveling with your young ones while you can. Time goes by too quickly...far too quickly.

I'm now thinking that I will go to Vienna and possibly Florence next December to visit some Christmas markets and maybe attend a Viennese waltz (this is on my bucket list and has been since I learned {and fell in love} with the Viennese waltz last time I was in Vienna).

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to put together this kind of trip, and I know how hard it is to find a time when family travel works out once the kids leave HS. Our 2020 summer trip was also an aspirational one, and was going to be the last one we could take with DD, so it was pretty devastating to go in and cancel all our plans. I hope you are able to find a way to travel with her soon. As for mine, I think that ship has sailed. :sad2:

I have a question about Nov. and DVC. I am trying to decide my dates next fall to book for DVC. I am trying to decide between the weekend of Wine and Dine half marathon or the first weekend of Dec.
I would prefer the Nov. weekend to do the 10k but are people really thinking RunDisney is going to return in the fall? I kind of feel like Disney will be the last to bring back races and might just skip RunDisney until 2022 Marathon weekend. If there aren’t races, Id prefer to travel in Dec. to take advantage of a non race weekend trip.

I have a question about Nov. and DVC. I am trying to decide my dates next fall to book for DVC. I am trying to decide between the weekend of Wine and Dine half marathon or the first weekend of Dec.
I would prefer the Nov. weekend to do the 10k but are people really thinking RunDisney is going to return in the fall? I kind of feel like Disney will be the last to bring back races and might just skip RunDisney until 2022 Marathon weekend. If there aren’t races, Id prefer to travel in Dec. to take advantage of a non race weekend trip.

I don't know... that's tough. We already know through Princess 2021 is canceled/virtual. I assume Star Wars will follow suit soon. We have no announcements for any races beyond that. The fact that runDisney hasn't even announced the dates for W&D yet tells me there's still a chance it won't go on. But it depends on so much - vaccination rollout, etc. I've also read runDisney does not want to be the first big race to go. Who knows if that's true.

We go every year for W&D and we decided not to bother for 2021. The will they/won't they being registered for W&D/Marathon was kind of annoying when it was clear they needed to cancel. This time we are doing the same as you - heading in December. If W&D goes on and we miss it, that's fine. It's also possible we won't feel comfortable going. Too many unknowns.

The 50th is Oct 1 and A LOT of people want to be there for it.

I guess I buried that somewhere in my mind, lol. Completely forgot about it as my instinct is to avoid possible crowds! I'm actually looking to book approximately the second week of November to possibly catch the last bit of food and wine, although I don't know the dates yet. If things are going back towards normal by then, I want to activate one of my AP vouchers, and use it for Nov 2021, Jan and Feb 2022, and Nov 2022, which optimizes use for me - 4 visits.

February is also the month that my older brother will usually spend winter break with his daughter and family at their Reunion house, and I'm always welcome there, whether I sleep there or just visit. So far, they can't come this February, which is a shame as nobody is getting any younger. I've been told I can use the house if it doesn't have a rental, but it's overkill for me, so I won't be doing that. This winter is still just so messed up!

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I found a link in my email this morning and got 1000 miles.

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to put together this kind of trip, and I know how hard it is to find a time when family travel works out once the kids leave HS. Our 2020 summer trip was also an aspirational one, and was going to be the last one we could take with DD, so it was pretty devastating to go in and cancel all our plans. I hope you are able to find a way to travel with her soon. As for mine, I think that ship has sailed. :sad2:

It has probably just sailed for the college years. After your child (or children as the case may be) gets through some of their current life choices and completes the stages of getting an education, a job, a life partner, a home, not necessarily in that order, many will find room again somewhere either at the end or in the middle of those milestones for their parents again. And, it gets really special when you get to add in the possible grandchildren. So, there are lots of times to look forward to, although I'm not saying that they replace the trips that may have been lost this year.

I've never looked at this area of my account. I'm impressed at what a lot of good information is there. Thank you.

Talking about Chase, why does it take them so long to credit a payment to an account? I use my NFCU bill pay to send all my credit card payments, set the date for it to be sent, etc, and every other card issuer will acknowledge receipt of payment almost immediately. May not credit for another day or so, but at least they say they have it. I sent them an over 5K payment and still waiting for them to credit it on my Sapphire. That said, they did give me those points very quickly.

edit: they credited it sometime in the last hour, and then posted the annual fee.

Has anyone had any luck extending an old Marriott 7-night cert? I have one expiring at the end of Jan and still unsure if we can use.

Lol....daughter has one booked for mid March and who knows whether she will use it? Those things just won't go away but the hotel options are pretty lame as cat 4, I think it is for daughters. She's got it at Hilton Head, but I've gone ahead and booked the DVC resort there as well, so we will see.

The good thing for daughter is she got the air credit maximized with some amazing trips - the latest I think was the Cambodia trip back in January. She did fly again right after that just before the lockdown also, all on points, plus used one of her certificates in either Shanghai or Phnom Penh (spelling?) so she's not out anything even if this cert doesn't get used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter