I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an interesting offer on my Bonvoy amex. Get 6 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases at Amazon, Target and Walmart after using your enrolled Card by 12/27/2020, up to $3,500. See terms.
Obviously, I have other better offers IMO for amazon and walmart but nothing for Target. I'm kind of meh on Bonvoy points but I'll take the 6x.

If you need it soon you should be able to call the recon line. But if you aren't in a hurry to have it approved I would just wait for them to approve it.
Thanks. I called recon, and they said there was no application under my social. I guess it never went through. So I went back on to apply again, and instant approval! YAY!!! I guess third time's a charm!!! (I had applied earlier this year, and was denied due to what I think was tightened covid measures. And back in 2018 denied, but that was my own fault for being over 5/24 by one month.) Can't wait to have this shiny new CSP!!! :jumping1:

I want to get a CIC and the AF just posted on my CIP, but I don't want to just product change since I want to get the bonus. My last app was a CFU at the end of August. So, should I cancel the CIP before applying for the CIC or just apply for the CIC and if I'm denied then product change the CIP?
If I end up product changing how long do I have to wait to change it or cancel so I can reapply and get the bonus?
Hope this makes sense...
Thanks.

I want to get a CIC and the AF just posted on my CIP, but I don't want to just product change since I want to get the bonus. My last app was a CFU at the end of August. So, should I cancel the CIP before applying for the CIC or just apply for the CIC and if I'm denied then product change the CIP?
If I end up product changing how long do I have to wait to change it or cancel so I can reapply and get the bonus?
Hope this makes sense...
Thanks.
I don't think you need to cancel it if you product change. It is not like the one Sapphire rule. To be safe, you could change to a CIU and then apply for the CIC. Or, change to the CIC and go for a new CIP (bigger SUP).

REMINDER: Elevated CSP offer set to expire 11/7/2020

The 80,000 UR offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) is still available via support link HERE.

Often the support links will keep these offers alive for a few days or even a few weeks after the stated expiration date, BUT I wouldn't count on that (unless you have to due to a 48 month restriction).

IF you are considering a MDD for the sapphire cards, it's advised to attempt that early in the week so today or tomorrow is your day to attempt this! No guarantees that the CSP 80k will be there come Monday 11/9 (although hopefully it will still be around). This is pretty much an all-time high offer as it relates to recent post-5/24 churning history.

(Oh and if you use a DISchurners support link, be sure to let them know so they can thank you!)

Last edited:
Thanks. I called recon, and they said there was no application under my social. I guess it never went through. So I went back on to apply again, and instant approval! YAY!!! I guess third time's a charm!!! (I had applied earlier this year, and was denied due to what I think was tightened covid measures. And back in 2018 denied, but that was my own fault for being over 5/24 by one month.) Can't wait to have this shiny new CSP!!! :jumping1:
Congrats party:

Thoughts on P2 applying for a CIC two months after getting the CF....he is 3/24, applications In the last year...CF 9/7/2020, SWB 12/13/2019

SP Business eBay sales...25 years, 20k revenue.....total Chase CL is 17% of household income ...

Would like to get it before we hopefully go visit our son, prior to this year I’d go for it but just not sure right now.

Last edited:

Thoughts on P2 applying for a CIC two months after getting the CF....he is 3/24, applications In the last year...CF 9/7/2020, SWB 12/13/2020

SP Business eBay sales...25 years, 20k revenue.....total Chase CL is 17% of household income ...

Would like to get it before we hopefully go visit our son, prior to this year I’d go for it but just not sure right now.
I'm assuming the 12/13/2020 is actually a card you got last year (12/13/2019)? If that's the case, it seems like a one-time attempt at 2 months is probably fine. I'd just make sure you're careful with your pacing then again after this card.

I'm assuming the 12/13/2020 is actually a card you got last year (12/13/2019)? If that's the case, it seems like a one-time attempt at 2 months is probably fine. I'd just make sure you're careful with your pacing then again after this card.
:crazy2: Lol yes 12/13/19....we definitely watch pacing and plan applications around big spending...ie yearly insurance, DVC dues etc
Same as most here hardly any spending on travel, using PYB on my CSR. We are spending on home projects needed a new oil burner, and finally got an AC mini split system....a friend installed it....Would like to redo some things inside but don’t want anyone in and out of my house right now

Last edited:
Good to know it was just a mistake. For a moment I thought you had visited the future... and if you had, I was about to have A LOT of questions for you!! 🤣
Yeah, tbh, if you can jump a couple of months in the future and you're using that to your financial advantage by mucking about with CC approvals, you really need to look into stocks and sports betting.

For ThankYou points, can anyone confirm if they've done this? Transfer TY pts to ShopYourWay, then cash out on SYW for Gift Cards? My 65,000 pts are worth $650 in gift cards from the ThankYou network, but it seems I can get $780 worth if I transfer points to ShopYourWay. I just want to make sure this will work first.

SUPPORT LINK THREADS ANNOUNCEMENT: Please check your links for accuracy. I noticed earlier today that Amex seemed to kill a large swath of links (I had some that were dead that I had just updated in the last week or so). With that in mind I did a review of all links and will tag people below who might want to take a look. I don't want people to miss out on a click because they have dead links, and I also don't want to discourage somebody trying to use a link because everything they click is dead.

No need to report back to me that things are updated. I'll probably just do another review in a week or so and then reach out individually to people who still need to update their links.

CHASE
On Chase, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired or offer details that don't match:
@GZanta77, @Calfan, @marsh0013, @mhartman09, @vanjust14

AMERICAN EXPRESS:
On American Express, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired, offer details that don't match, or possibly a link that points to the wrong landing page. As you're aware, Amex links can be a little more finicky so I'd advise just checking all of your links and trying to be as accurate possible with the ones you choose to list. If an offer is limited time OR a YMMV type of offer be sure to include that in your write-up:
@marsh0013, @afan, @Maine_Belle, @snugglebug @GZanta77, @miztressuz, @havaneselover, @happ, @Calfan, @mmmears, @jimitrout, @vanjust14, @wendow, @becauseimnew

EDIT: Even if you aren't listed above, you might want to check and make sure everything with your links are accurate. I only did a quick check and could've easily missed something!

SUPPORT LINK THREADS ANNOUNCEMENT: Please check your links for accuracy. I noticed earlier today that Amex seemed to kill a large swath of links (I had some that were dead that I had just updated in the last week or so). With that in mind I did a review of all links and will tag people below who might want to take a look. I don't want people to miss out on a click because they have dead links, and I also don't want to discourage somebody trying to use a link because everything they click is dead.

No need to report back to me that things are updated. I'll probably just do another review in a week or so and then reach out individually to people who still need to update their links.

CHASE
On Chase, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired or offer details that don't match:
@GZanta77, @Calfan, @marsh0013, @mhartman09, @vanjust14

AMERICAN EXPRESS:
On American Express, I'll tag you if you have a link that's expired, offer details that don't match, or possibly a link that points to the wrong landing page. As you're aware, Amex links can be a little more finicky so I'd advise just checking all of your links and trying to be as accurate possible with the ones you choose to list. If an offer is limited time OR a YMMV type of offer be sure to include that in your write-up:
@marsh0013, @afan, @Maine_Belle, @snugglebug @GZanta77, @miztressuz, @havaneselover, @happ, @Calfan, @mmmears, @jimitrout, @vanjust14, @wendow, @becauseimnew

EDIT: Even if you aren't listed above, you might want to check and make sure everything with your links are accurate. I only did a quick check and could've easily missed something!
Thanks for staying on top of this! I think I fixed mine.

For ThankYou points, can anyone confirm if they've done this? Transfer TY pts to ShopYourWay, then cash out on SYW for Gift Cards? My 65,000 pts are worth $650 in gift cards from the ThankYou network, but it seems I can get $780 worth if I transfer points to ShopYourWay. I just want to make sure this will work first.

I thought about doing this, but decided to hang onto my points instead. I read about it in this article, so I would think it works. You could always try a small amount first.

https://frequentmiler.com/redeem-shop-your-way-points-for-gift-cards/

I'm toying with the idea of doing a 4-night WDW trip in January for my birthday. I was born the same year as the Magic Kingdom, so it's a big one!
If I applied for a Marriott card this week (not sure which one yet) and I met spend right away, would that give me enough time to get the points or free nights and book Swan for a January 2021 trip? I've never done anything with hotel points so not totally sure how quickly you get them and can use them and if there is even likely to be availability with points. Thanks.

I don't think you need to cancel it if you product change. It is not like the one Sapphire rule. To be safe, you could change to a CIU and then apply for the CIC. Or, change to the CIC and go for a new CIP (bigger SUP).
That's good to know. I was just assuming I'd have to cancel before applying for the same card.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a 4-night WDW trip in January for my birthday. I was born the same year as the Magic Kingdom, so it's a big one!
If I applied for a Marriott card this week (not sure which one yet) and I met spend right away, would that give me enough time to get the points or free nights and book Swan for a January 2021 trip? I've never done anything with hotel points so not totally sure how quickly you get them and can use them and if there is even likely to be availability with points. Thanks.
Probably, you can make the reservation now. You would just have to meet the spend when the first statement closes, sometimes that's around 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter