I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get the Animal Crossing version for $299.99 which I believe is MSRP.

Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Game Stop, and Walmart all show in stock (didn't actually click through to each so not 100% sure they're all in stock).
Thank you for this. I just looked and my Best Buy has them in stock. As soon as I make it back from Floriday next week I think I will pick one up using my AMEX offer for BB.com. I'm sure they will enjoy it, and I probably will to.

I'm buying one for my kids for Christmas, but I refuse to pay more than MSRP for it. I've been looking off and on for a month or so and haven't found any closer than 50 miles away.

I just looked on Amazon, I'm only seen ones with >25% markup over MSRP. I'll wait.
Ours was $299 and I’m pretty sure that’s what Nintendo sells it for. They have the animal crossing version of the switch on Amazon in stock. The red and blue one will be in stock November 10

@wendow - so sorry about your DD. My DS is having a hard time this semester too but at least some of his classes are in person. He is living in an off campus apartment- very glad that he isn’t in the dorms. But still school is not the same and I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to take a semester off too. Trouble is he doesn’t have a job so I don’t know what he would do if he wasn’t in school right now.

Thanks for this! My friend has some credits, so I let her know. I see that the offers expires 10/12 and it just came out yesterday, so they only give people 3 days!

Yep I thought the same thing. I went ahead and converted. They are stopping flights from San Antonio to Seattle next year, so I was worried if I would get to use it. This gives me more possibilities and it doesn't expire in June.

I'm trying to decide if I should go for the IHG card or the Marriott with 5 free nights for DH.

The Marriott one would be more value but it would be "work" to be sure we maximized the value of the 5 nights.

The IHG card seems like it might be more flexible and the 4th night free seems like a great perk when using points.

We have no need for the GE credit because we all have it.

Tried to his two Staples this morning but the first one only had one $200 visa gift card. So I only ended up with $1200. Might make another trip this afternoon. And the first Staples was conveniently located by a Krispy Kreme with hot donuts, so not a total loss:)

Tried to his two Staples this morning but the first one only had one $200 visa gift card. So I only ended up with $1200. Might make another trip this afternoon. And the first Staples was conveniently located by a Krispy Kreme with hot donuts, so not a total loss:)
I went to one located next to the supermarket before I shopped, was able to get $1k and liquidate at several FDs....they had plenty in stock today..will see what happens tomorrow

Last edited:

Are the Visa's no fee this week?

edit - found it on frequent miler - didn't see it on DoC

Last edited:
Are the Visa's no fee this week?

edit - found it on frequent miler - didn't see it on DoC
I think it was on DoC mid-week.

DD has been wanting an IPad pro for a while for art. Amazon had it $50 off so I got Target to price match it since I had a bunch of Target gift cards (dd is reimbursing me with her Chick Fil A earnings). But somehow my refund (they have to refund you when they price match online) was $78.40 + tax???

Last edited:
I think it was on DoC mid-week.

DD has been wanting an IPad pro for a while for art. Amazon had it $50 off so I got Target to price match it since I had a bunch of Target gift cards (dd is reimbursing me with her Chick Fil A earnings). But somehow my refund (they have to refund you when they price match online) was $78.40 + tax???

Nice!

Some of you will appreciate this. My sister just came back from her first family trip to WDW (and the first time she's been in probably at least 25 years). I just texted her to ask if she would go again and her response was "Yep. We are looking into Disney Vacation Club." :faint::rotfl:

The one on Midlothian had a fair amount today, but I'm willing to bet they'll be out by Wednesday. I'm going to go back tomorrow and grab some more. They had maybe 20-30 on the shelf, didn't look to see if there were any inside the gift card cabinet.

Amazon put out a press release with some of the prime day deals. My 7 year old is getting a Kindle Paperwhite so he can read before bed like my wife and I do. No idea what else will end up being ordered, but I'll have some dead time at both MDW and MCO on Wednesday to look through them.
https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-...ealed-jumpstart-your-holiday-shopping-october
I have not felt like buying anything over the last few months. I looked at the list, but nothing excites me. I've been in a buying funk lately. (We did look at a townhouse in Alexandria VA yesterday that I liked, but not ready to buy yet.)

I have not felt like buying anything over the last few months. I looked at the list, but nothing excites me. I've been in a buying funk lately. (We did look at a townhouse in Alexandria VA yesterday that I liked, but not ready to buy yet.)

I didn't see anything either and nothing in my cart looked like it would be on sale so I went ahead and checked out instead of waiting until Tuesday to do it. The only thing that might is the book, but it'd already gone down a little bit from when I'd added it to my list. Course it's an xmas gift so it could've waited but it's just easier to get stuff done.

Is it printed on the card? My Chase Hyatt and the Amex Hiltons are, but oddly not the Amex Bonvoy. If not, you might have to call or SM.
Not on the card. I recall my old AMEX SPG had it.
Been a couple years but I did the same with dh and I had to call to get his number.
I ended up SMing and they did send the number. Off to set up account now.
Not buying much here either. In selling mode. Thanks to help from people on this thread, I've sold over $200 on EBay (small potatoes to most but have to start somewhere). Also listed and sold our rental property in 24 hours.
Usually by now I have a good portion of Christmas shopping done. I have 3 items purchased (and 1 is for me, for DH & DS to give me). No ideas for DS, he isn't asking for anything and I haven't got a clue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter