I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be quite the expert on using card perks to the max ;) So I'm wondering, why are you looking for points over free nights? So many people seem to be excited for the 5 free nights. I'm trying to figure out my attack with Chase. I'm trying to decide between the Bonvoy, Free IHG (have the premier) and a CIC/CIU. Obv the CIC/CIU offers aren't going anywhere and aren't elevated right now. So the "rush" seems to be choosing between the hotel cards.

The free nights are capped at 50,000 per night certs. So that's a categort 6 property when not at peak. Between the Ritz card and the Brilliant card that PlanePrincess and I each have, that's 4 of those night a year we get already. They are fine for a staycation which is what we do with them. But, I don't get super excited and super stoked about a staycation. I'd rather have points that I can use at a a category 8 property like the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa. During peak time it is 100K points per night. If the free nights were uncapped, then yes, I'd be all over the offer.

I'm a fan of hotel cards and love my free night certs. Currently I have the BonBlah Brilliant, Chase Ritz Carlton, IHG, Hilton Aspire, Hyatt and Radisson Rewards cards. Of course we will add another BonBlah when it's back to a points offer. The FN certs have come in handy as we have been doing quite a few beach staycations this year.

Not @calypso726 but I'd guess one is between her and the plane princesses cards they already have enough fnc from their afs. And also that what she's got planned to replace what was cancelled this year, or other trips, takes points to fly in first and are staying at properties that are a higher category than the fnc will get you.

Nailed it! :thumbsup2

Not on the card. I recall my old AMEX SPG had it.

I ended up SMing and they did send the number. Off to set up account now.

Not buying much here either. In selling mode. Thanks to help from people on this thread, I've sold over $200 on EBay (small potatoes to most but have to start somewhere). Also listed and sold our rental property in 24 hours.
Usually by now I have a good portion of Christmas shopping done. I have 3 items purchased (and 1 is for me, for DH & DS to give me). No ideas for DS, he isn't asking for anything and I haven't got a clue.
I am pretty sure the only thing on DS’s list is a Pug. He is going to get a new laptop but that’s more for school but will be under the tree. We’re debating between the Surface, MAC Air andMaC Pro.

I am pretty sure the only thing on DS’s list is a Pug. He is going to get a new laptop but that’s more for school but will be under the tree. We’re debating between the Surface, MAC Air andMaC Pro.
The only thing I know my DS wants is the new PS system - forgot what it’s called. I was thinking of using the happy card offer At GameStop towards it but I think I would be better off putting the whole purchase one of my CC’s just to get the extended warranty on it.

Not buying much here either. In selling mode. Thanks to help from people on this thread, I've sold over $200 on EBay (small potatoes to most but have to start somewhere). Also listed and sold our rental property in 24 hours.
Usually by now I have a good portion of Christmas shopping done. I have 3 items purchased (and 1 is for me, for DH & DS to give me). No ideas for DS, he isn't asking for anything and I haven't got a clue.
Me either, I haven’t started shopping yet. I am also in selling mood too. I am thinking about listing out DVC points for this year on one of the resale sites.

The only thing I know my DS wants is the new PS system - forgot what it’s called. I was thinking of using the happy card offer At GameStop towards it but I think I would be better off putting the whole purchase one of my CC’s just to get the extended warranty on it.
The pre-orders for the PS5 were gone in minutes. Be prepared that is a very, very hot item. You’ll want to have options available.

Decisions, decisions. Trying to decide whether I just close my Vanilla Plat or downgrade to another Gold. Does anyone know when the airline credit would reset if I downgrade?

I had no idea! Is that just at GameStop or everywhere?

Everywhere. Supposedly they may have more pre-orders coming but no one knows when or even if that will happen. I have to think Sony will have more PS5s ready for holiday shopping after it launches next month, but given how fast pre-orders sold out I'd imagine they are going to be very difficult to find. Your best bet is to check with a Gamestop employee to see if they know of more pre-orders opening and if not, if they can tell you when a shipment may be coming (after release).

Approved for the CSP first thing on a Monday morning! Yippee! Thank you for hashing it out with me last week, @SouthFayetteFan :). Next up - CSR. I hope it works out for me like it did for you @Hoosier John! Have a great week all!
Congrats! I’m glad you were able to hash things out and figure out the best strategy for you :D

Everywhere. Supposedly they may have more pre-orders coming but no one knows when or even if that will happen. I have to think Sony will have more PS5s ready for holiday shopping after it launches next month, but given how fast pre-orders sold out I'd imagine they are going to be very difficult to find. Your best bet is to check with a Gamestop employee to see if they know of more pre-orders opening and if not, if they can tell you when a shipment may be coming (after release).
Ah ok. He told me this summer that was what he wanted for Christmas. But if I can't get him one by then, he will understand. I guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the info.

Me either, I haven’t started shopping yet. I am also in selling mood too. I am thinking about listing out DVC points for this year on one of the resale sites.
The only shopping I’ve been doing is for our future granddaughter :flower:....my daughter is due in January, so shopping the Kohl’s sale racks and garage sales for gently used toys etc.

Found a Fisher Price Loving Family fold up dollhouse at one with a little furniture.....now looking for people and additional Furniture....tried eBay, but wow it’s expensive....I’m guessing collectors are buying who knew :confused3...I have time so will keep looking at garage sales

we rented our DVC points once about 6 years ago....went smoothly, not sure how it is now

I now have a house key attached to every set of car keys...and one hidden in the garage :rolleyes1

Best thing we did when we moved to our new house (10 years ago) was install a keypad lock on the door. Kids were 9 and 11 then and coming home from school by themselves. Didn't have to worry about them ever having a key - just have to punch in a code and get in the house. Best $100 ever spent. I have never used a key for our house.

Best thing we did when we moved to our new house (10 years ago) was install a keypad lock on the door. Kids were 9 and 11 then and coming home from school by themselves. Didn't have to worry about them ever having a key - just have to punch in a code and get in the house. Best $100 ever spent. I have never used a key for our house.
I would love to have one of these, but our front door is quirky. You have to push it with your shoulder to get the deadbolt to lock. It's always been this way, since the day we built it. We would have to get a whole new front door installed, or completely reinstall the one we have :-(

I am booking a room using URs for one night at a Hyatt property. When I go to check out it says: Mandatory charge: Collected at property. $100 deposit.

Are they going to charge me an additional $100 when I check in? Or is this just a pending charge on my CC to cover indidentals? If I can avoid this charge by paying cash, I may not use URs.

Last edited:
I am booking a room using URs for one night at a Hyatt property. When I go to check out it says: Mandatory charge: Collected at property. $100 deposit.

Are they going to charge me an additional $100 when I check in? Or is this just a pending charge on my CC to cover indidentals? If I can avoid this charge by paying cash, I will may not use URs.

Why not transfer the ur to hyatt? Is it less ur to book than transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter