I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, another fraudulent VGC (US Bank, my last fraudulent USB VGC was several years ago; and I did have a problem with a Target gc in June). I bought a $500 vgc at Kroger, package looked totally fine on the outside. Opened it up, and there was glue over the CVV such that the first two digits were dissolved. I called customer service and they said they would send me a replacement card.

Received the replacement card, called to activate it and there is a $0 balance. Called customer service again - apparently I was supposed to "dispute" the original card (there was no mention of a dispute needed in my original phone call).

So now I've opened a dispute and am supposed to get a call from the fraud department in the next 48-72 hours. *sigh*

I think I will stick with Meta cards from Safeway stores. This is such a hassle.

I was instantly approved for the CSP! I decided I couldn't pass up on the 80k UR offer. Really considered doing the MDD, but that would put me at 5/24 until May and since Chase biz cards are back on the table I'm not ready to do that. Hoping to go for a CIU in Nov. My rationale was to go ahead and use one 5/24 spot for 80k UR's with only $4k spend rather than 2 spots (later) for 100k UR's with $8k spend. I was a little stressed figuring out how I would meet $8k in 3 months anyways, and the 80k offer seemed too good to pass up.

I also decided not to go for the Hilton Aspire for myself and just spend $170 on the Hilton points I need to top complete our GW and HHV ressies for July 2021. Again I didn't want to use up a 5/24 spot and that $450 AF was a little steep when we just paid it for DH's Aspire. Hilton has a promotion ending tomorrow for double points purchase so I went ahead and made a quick decision to go that route instead. I figure I can always get an Aspire later if I want it, and since I didn't need that many points to complete our ressie, it was the route I was most comfortable with. Probably not the right decision for everyone but it made sense to me. Now I just hope I can actually get approved for biz cards when I'm ready to try in 3 months!

My friends... it deeply troubles me that I am missing South Fayette games this year. 😔

Live streams have been bad thus far. If you’re willing to take a minute and vote for SOUTH FAYETTE below so that maybe they’d get a professionally produced live stream in a couple of weeks, I’d really appreciate it!

(you don’t have to check any of the boxes to subscribe but make sure to click submit)

https://tribweb.secondstreetapp.com/TribLIVE-HSSN-Game-of-the-Week---Oct-2/gallery/
Hey SFF, did you hear? Allegheny County relaxed outdoor gatherings, up to 250 allowed now. Got an email from our district that they know a lot of people want to come to the game, they are figuring it out and will send more info tomorrow.

I have not done this myself, but from another site (as I posted before) someone said they were going to try it and they reported back yesterday that it worked.
Here's what they said:
"The walking worked guys!! We walked from Aruba across the grass and crossed the road twice just like I said. Then we hoofed it on the grass for awhile. It worked really well but since it was early the grass was wet and the Kids' sneakers got wet. Our
leather sneakers were fine though. I would say this path for a more adventurous crew but we loved it for being in control of our own destiny vs at the mercy of a late bus or SL. It really wasn't that bad!

Probably 20 min. I would do it again for sure, but yes, a little hardcore :). We only get to come any every two years so we take advantage of every minute!
11:20pm on 9/23/20 by Rialina"

Hope this helps in your planning @ten6mom
That's very interesting and I just got the chance (finally) to look at the link you posted previously with the map.

Thank you so much! We will have to do some exploring while we are there, I guess. I'll see what my husband thinks. It's just the two of us so it might work!

@SouthFayetteFan - our district is currently planning to allow attendance at 25% capacity (max of 11,000 tickets per our home game).

Priority will be given to the parents of players, band, and cheerleaders, 2 per student, and then the rest will be made available to the general public.

Each district is making its own rules so our first planned away game, out of district, was closed to the visiting band. Will be interested to see what the other districts, including ours, say about visitors.

Of course, this can all change tomorrow... *sigh*

Did the 5% Grocery for 1 year disappear on the Flex? Just tried a referral link for a new application and it says this offer no longer exists.

ETA: Looks like grocery is still there. I wonder what else changed?

Did the 5% Grocery for 1 year disappear on the Flex? Just tried a support link for a new application and it says this offer no longer exists.

ETA: Looks like grocery is still there. I wonder what else changed?
I just checked a support link - you have to click past a screen (don't worry about that) but then the offer is fine.

At the top it says:
EARN A $200 BONUS
after spending $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account openingsame page link to offer details reference*,same page link to offer details reference**

Then down below it says:
Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases)same page link to offer details reference* on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.same page link to offer details reference*

Perhaps it was just the initial screen you have to click through that worried you - don't worry about that. It just happens sometimes with Chase support links.

So, I turned off my water to fix an outdoor hosebib/spigot.

And, when I turned it back on, suddenly an upstairs bathroom had water on the floor. Not a lot, but enough for concern. Looks like the return pressure caused a leak at the base of the toilet. Or maybe it was there. Very minute once the initial spray was dried up. But, now a plumber is needed for the wax ring - too heavy and awkward a job. So far I've called 4 companies and got the 'leave a message' and we will call back. 6 and 1/2 hours - no calls.

Turned off the valve to the toilet so the water won't continue and cause damage. And, talked to a friend whose husband might want to do the job for a bit of cash. I've got some time since I've turned it off, but don't want to leave it more than a day or two.

A number of years ago the wax ring on our toilet needed changing. Being the good little DIYer I decided I’d do it myself. I spent a while standing in front of rows of toilets ( maybe like @ SFF studies deodorant) before asking a saleswoman how people decide on a toilet. Who knew there were so many toilet options🧐. Tall short, round, oblong, big flush, little flush😳🤣. Well, I made my choice and brought my new toilet home. Might as well just change it out while I was at the project. After watching a few YouTubes, and reading the box I dug right in, with my new gloves. I got the old wax ring out 🤢and the new one in. At that time I was feeling pretty proud of myself. All that was left was to install the new toilet. Simple enough 🤔place the toilet and do the bead of silicone. Well.... this little DIYer decided to put the bead of silicone under the toilet as well as along the edge. This was a poor choice🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. That there toilet won’t be coming out until it is time to change the floor and all🤣🤣. Oops😇

Last edited:
A number of years ago the wax ring on our toilet needed changing. Being the good little DIYer I decided I’d do it myself. I spent a while standing in front of rows of toilets ( maybe like @ SFF studies deodorant) before asking a saleswoman how people decide on a toilet. Who knew there were so many toilet options🧐. Tall short, round, oblong, big flush, little flush😳🤣. Well, I made my choice and brought my new toilet home. Might as well just change it out while I was at the project. After watching a few YouTubes, and reading the box I dug right in, with my new gloves. I got the old wax ring out 🤢and the new one in. At that time I was feeling pretty proud of myself. All that was left was to install the new toilet. Simple enough 🤔place the toilet and do the bead of silicone. Well.... this little DIYer decided to put the bead of silicone under the toilet as well as along the edge. This was a poor choice🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. That there toilet won’t be coming out until it is time to change the floor and all🤣🤣. Oops😇

I'm impressed that you did it yourself! I'm a pretty decent do it yourselfer, but since I watched my ex son in law and his friend do one for me, and how awkward it was to get the thing positioned correctly so as not to mush the wax up, I knew I needed someone with more physical strength than myself.

And yes, there are an amazing number of choices. This one is about 10 years old and still decent, so I wasn't ready for replacement quite yet. I'm not actually sure what the life expectancy is, but I've already changed out the mechanisms in the tank at least once.

I'm just very happy I saw it before it leaked and caused a bigger problem.

I'm impressed that you did it yourself! I'm a pretty decent do it yourselfer, but since I watched my ex son in law and his friend do one for me, and how awkward it was to get the thing positioned correctly so as not to mush the wax up, I knew I needed someone with more physical strength than myself.

And yes, there are an amazing number of choices. This one is about 10 years old and still decent, so I wasn't ready for replacement quite yet. I'm not actually sure what the life expectancy is, but I've already changed out the mechanisms in the tank at least once.

I'm just very happy I saw it before it leaked and caused a bigger problem.

Well.. after we get the tile done around the toilet area in Mom’s apartment, the plumber will be installing the toilet and bidet😂.

I was instantly approved for the CSP! I decided I couldn't pass up on the 80k UR offer. Really considered doing the MDD, but that would put me at 5/24 until May and since Chase biz cards are back on the table I'm not ready to do that. Hoping to go for a CIU in Nov. My rationale was to go ahead and use one 5/24 spot for 80k UR's with only $4k spend rather than 2 spots (later) for 100k UR's with $8k spend. I was a little stressed figuring out how I would meet $8k in 3 months anyways, and the 80k offer seemed too good to pass up.

I also decided not to go for the Hilton Aspire for myself and just spend $170 on the Hilton points I need to top complete our GW and HHV ressies for July 2021. Again I didn't want to use up a 5/24 spot and that $450 AF was a little steep when we just paid it for DH's Aspire. Hilton has a promotion ending tomorrow for double points purchase so I went ahead and made a quick decision to go that route instead. I figure I can always get an Aspire later if I want it, and since I didn't need that many points to complete our ressie, it was the route I was most comfortable with. Probably not the right decision for everyone but it made sense to me. Now I just hope I can actually get approved for biz cards when I'm ready to try in 3 months!
Congrats party:

DH and I have oodles of leave to use since Australia was canceled so we are in Orlando for the next 10 days. 5 nights at the Gaylord and 4 nights at RPR. DS will have school Tues- Fri so we had to bring his school books with us. Boy, are Chem, History and Art books heavy! I am taking DS to DHS on Mon and we’ll hit USO, probably for the final time since our passes expire on early Nov. DS wants to make light saber which he didn’t get to do in March. Does anyone know of you need to make a reservation like pre-COVID for the light saber making? (We have our ticket and reservation for DHS.)

I need some advice. I'm looking to try again for the CSP (with increased signup bonus 80K), but here's my dilemma:

I was denied for CSP back in July due to a) too many recent cards and b) too many balances.
I plan to pay off card balances PRIOR to statements cutting, so the balances should show zero. My last card was March 2020 (Chase IHG Premier). Before that, it was April 2019. I'm at 3/24, and below 30% credit lines vs. household income w/ Chase. However, I have two inquiries from July now - one for the CSP which was denied, and then the next day I applied for Citi Premier, who then also denied me for reason: too many recent inquiries. I would have at that point had 2 in the past 6 months (IHG card in March, CSP in July) with Citi making it 3. So now, my question, do I try again with CSP? Does Chase look at inquiries that much as a factor in approving?

The second option is to go for a CIC for either myself or P2. I have no biz cards, but willing to try if my stats seem like they'd approve. P2 has a CIP opened in April 2020, and then the Citi card opened in July. He's at 4/24.

We'll wait until October to apply for either, so that it's 3 month spacing, but I don't know which to go for. I can't handle another denial at this point, lol.

Has anyone heard anything on how long Chase might have the 80K for CSP? My wife is above 5/24 until March 2021 and I wanted to apply her. The AF for my CSP will hit the same month but I assume if it drops back to 60K I could refer her for an additional 15K and just pay the AF.

Has anyone heard anything on how long Chase might have the 80K for CSP? My wife is above 5/24 until March 2021 and I wanted to apply her. The AF for my CSP will hit the same month but I assume if it drops back to 60K I could refer her for an additional 15K and just pay the AF.
No one knows officially from Chase but it’s been reported on different sites ending 11/8

I'm looking at purchasing Universal tickets with points. I see I can get one day multi park with SW points or I can buy multiple days, one park per day with URs. I really want 2 day multi park. Am I overlooking where I can get those using points somewhere? Or will I need to burn a ridiculous amount buying everyone two sets of 1 day tickets?

Quoting myself in case it helps someone else.

I found the two day park to park tickets, the current promotion of buy 2 get 2 had them listed under 4 day tickets. I just had to scroll down farther.

Shopdisney is the worst!
I am trying to give them $200 and it won’t let me. I go to checkout/get to payment page/back to checkout/payment/checkout/payment
Disney- I just want to give you my money! Why won’t you take it!?!?
What browser? I have found it only works properly in some browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter