I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting! This is interesting.... so I wonder if I'd be allowed to PC my CSr to a new flex,then app for the csp,then app for the flex again later on,since they allow you to hold 2.... (this is without switching my old freedom to flex,just keeping those as is if it's allowed) I wonder...

As the latest Q&A with Chase reiterated, I'm not sure you can hold 2 Flex cards. The FAQs were fairly specific about not being able to have 2.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3784063/post-62286403
But even if you are able to PC the CSR to a Flex then you wouldn't be eligible to apply for a new one because of the offer restrictions: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card...
When you wanted to apply for a bonus you'd have to PC the Flex to something else (if you can.)

Thanks. I’ll check out that area.
I haven’t eaten in a restaurant Since March. I would do takeout or just take groceries and cook. I really don’t mind cooking on vacation. We’ve done some small day trips from home this summer. I feel like I just need a vacation where I leave the house for a few days.
I totally understand. I hadn’t been more than 30 miles from my house since early January and my job is doing me in. A week away before virtual school starts was much needed.

Michigan peeps @havaneselover @LilSweetPeaPhoto (and anyone else I forgot), any recommendations for places in Michigan to see the leaves and get away? I am thinking of an October 4 day weekend either driving to Michigan or Kentucky. Trying to research a few spots and then decide. Looking for views, close to some hiking. My plan is for a VRBO cabin or house to avoid people as much as possible . Though I am comfortable with limited time in stores so nearby quaint shopping is another plus.

Where are you coming from again? Everyone LOVES "up north". The UP would be great for being away from everyone, people love Pictured Rocks, the falls, etc. I don't know when the colors will peak this year. Last year they peaked REALLY late. SE MI normally peaks pretty close to my bday 10/27. But the further north the earlier. The BF and I are looking to head up to Traverse City to do the wineries in 2 weeks. The risk you run in MI of course is snow. We've gotten snow as early as the first week in October. We've also had 90 degree days in Nov (I remember an election day not that long ago my dad took the kids to the lake it was so hot). I'm really in the wrong state. I'm not a nature girl. My happy place is on the beach in NC, LOL.

But anywhere Up North is popular.....Traverse City, Sutton's Bay, Charlevoix, anywhere in the UP. Mackinaw, Sault Sainte Marie, etc. Boyne, Petosky

Where are you coming from again? Everyone LOVES "up north". The UP would be great for being away from everyone, people love Pictured Rocks, the falls, etc. I don't know when the colors will peak this year. Last year they peaked REALLY late. SE MI normally peaks pretty close to my bday 10/27. But the further north the earlier. The BF and I are looking to head up to Traverse City to do the wineries in 2 weeks. The risk you run in MI of course is snow. We've gotten snow as early as the first week in October. We've also had 90 degree days in Nov (I remember an election day not that long ago my dad took the kids to the lake it was so hot). I'm really in the wrong state. I'm not a nature girl. My happy place is on the beach in NC, LOL.

But anywhere Up North is popular.....Traverse City, Sutton's Bay, Charlevoix, anywhere in the UP. Mackinaw, Sault Sainte Marie, etc. Boyne, Petosky
Well, I’d be coming from Columbus. I’m not sure I’m even allowed in Michigan :rotfl2:.

Looks like Traverse City or Harbor Springs is about 7ish hours drive. Not bad. We regularly drive 6 hours to visit family in central PA.

I’m kind of limited in Oct due to work. So I am looking at Oct 22-25 But could see if the week before is doable.

Still researching cabins. The ones I found at $700 a night are a bit out of my range.o_O There are some that are very reasonable. I would like internet so DS can come and still attend his virtual class on Friday.

Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Hill Country, San Antonio! DS has never been to TX so we can check that off of the list! Last vacay before remote school begins on Tues. I still can’t believe DS is beginning his freshman year.

Attachments

• F9CACD58-C22A-4E06-802F-EF6B82DA1F37.jpeg
    F9CACD58-C22A-4E06-802F-EF6B82DA1F37.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 9729E9B4-FB24-48E3-B6B0-B256924C24AE.jpeg
    9729E9B4-FB24-48E3-B6B0-B256924C24AE.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
  • F54EB454-3B3C-4104-B242-154B1D1350AA.jpeg
    F54EB454-3B3C-4104-B242-154B1D1350AA.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26
  • CC7B963A-232B-4854-84E9-9E3B6D844F20.jpeg
    CC7B963A-232B-4854-84E9-9E3B6D844F20.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 26
  • D6534A9F-FAB3-4FB7-B5D0-6C7D5DECAA1A.jpeg
    D6534A9F-FAB3-4FB7-B5D0-6C7D5DECAA1A.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 26
As the latest Q&A with Chase reiterated, I'm not sure you can hold 2 Flex cards. The FAQs were fairly specific about not being able to have 2.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3784063/post-62286403
But even if you are able to PC the CSR to a Flex then you wouldn't be eligible to apply for a new one because of the offer restrictions: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card...
When you wanted to apply for a bonus you'd have to PC the Flex to something else (if you can.)
Ok....that makes sense. So after reading on DoC today, I think I'll keep my old FR,and FU,and PC the CSR to a Flex then app for CSP when I'm ready. Big question...how long should I wait to PC the CSR? I have the old setup,where I pay the AF and get the TC on original anniversary date(don't think it's calendar year) and wait time between PC'ing that and app'ing on the other? any thoughts?

Well, I’d be coming from Columbus. I’m not sure I’m even allowed in Michigan :rotfl2:.

Looks like Traverse City or Harbor Springs is about 7ish hours drive. Not bad. We regularly drive 6 hours to visit family in central PA.

I’m kind of limited in Oct due to work. So I am looking at Oct 22-25 But could see if the week before is doable.

Still researching cabins. The ones I found at $700 a night are a bit out of my range.o_O There are some that are very reasonable. I would like internet so DS can come and still attend his virtual class on Friday.

Oh yeah, totally not allowed in the state, LOL. Trust me, that area is just crazy nuts. I'm trying to find a place for my BF and I in 2 weeks and crappy hotels are $200 (we're talking ecnolodge, knights inn). There is one that is $1200/nt! I feel like every time I've said, hey lets go to TC, I book a trip to Vegas instead or head to NC, LOL. I mean we could probably do Napa cheaper than the TC wineries (considering the free flight, or cheap flights). But yeah, you'll want somewhere with decent wifi as coverage can be spotty up there!

Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Hill Country, San Antonio! DS has never been to TX so we can check that off of the list! Last vacay before remote school begins on Tues. I still can’t believe DS is beginning his freshman year.

Hi welcome to my area! Hope you enjoy it. Of course we get rain when you visit. LOL The rain has cooled us down a bit though.

Good news for those of us with VS miles/redemptions! I just saw on r/awardtravel that Virgin Atlantic’s restructuring deal has gone through and any current miles and tickets booked on miles will be safe for at least a few years. My first-class ANA plans are a go! I’m glad my 240k URs and MRs haven’t gone poof.

Looking for a little help on the next card for P2 and myself. Posted all card details on the DISchurners "What Card Should I Get Next" thread. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

On another note, our 65"TV died last week and I have started looking for a new one. Found one I like at Costco, BestBuy doesn't have it available yet. We are not currently members at Costco. The new tv is ~$1,500 at both stores. If bought at BestBuy, it would cost an additional $149 for an extended 2 year warranty. I can get the 2 year extended warranty free through Costco by getting a $60 membership. I can get another 2 years added on the warranty if I use a Citi Costco Anywhere Visa. Citi offers 2 different Costco Anywhere Visa's, one personal and one business. Does anyone know if the Citi Costco Anywhere Business Visa would count towards an x/24 slot? I know the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card did not. Any issues applying for the business version as a sole prop?

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience booking AA flights on points as soon as they're released? I'm trying to book our return flights from HNL on Jul 30th (overnight flight that departs 7/30, arrives in ICT on 7/31). I've been able to see the flight I want at the cost I want (20k AA/pp) since yesterday around noon, but when I go to book it, after I put in all of the passengers info, I get an error. I've tried probably 8 times, using different browsers, etc and it's always the same thing. I called AA last night and the person said it's because the flights just came out, and to wait 24 hours and try again. The thing that's weird though is their flights show being able to be booked through Aug 2nd. Just wondering if this is normal and I just should keep trying? I was able to book our outbound one-way flight the second day they showed available on the site (the price was too high on the first day). I'm really anxious to get this booked! Thank you!

Looking for a little help on the next card for P2 and myself. Posted all card details on the DISchurners "What Card Should I Get Next" thread. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

On another note, our 65"TV died last week and I have started looking for a new one. Found one I like at Costco, BestBuy doesn't have it available yet. We are not currently members at Costco. The new tv is ~$1,500 at both stores. If bought at BestBuy, it would cost an additional $149 for an extended 2 year warranty. I can get the 2 year extended warranty free through Costco by getting a $60 membership. I can get another 2 years added on the warranty if I use a Citi Costco Anywhere Visa. Citi offers 2 different Costco Anywhere Visa's, one personal and one business. Does anyone know if the Citi Costco Anywhere Business Visa would count towards an x/24 slot? I know the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card did not. Any issues applying for the business version as a sole prop?

Thanks!

I think I've read that it might be possible to PC to the Costco card. If you have an old Citi card that you don't really need. I don't know if the biz version counts toward 5/24. But if the PC works, would even save you a hard pull.

ETA: An additional thought - are you planning to keep the Costco membership long term? You would still need to be a member if you need to file a claim.

Last edited:

The temps are going to be so much nicer for you! Hopefully the rain doesn't deter your plans too much. My weekend just got canceled (softball).

Thanks!
Not sure whether the Costco Biz would count toward x/24, or not, but I know our Costco Executive and Sams Biz Plus memberships pay for their fees every year. So the upgraded membership is worth it if you do regular shopping there.
I think I've read that it might be possible to PC to the Costco card. If you have an old Citi card that you don't really need. I don't know if the biz version counts toward 5/24. But if the PC works, would even save you a hard pull.

ETA: An additional thought - are you planning to keep the Costco membership long term? You would still need to be a member if you need to file a claim.
I'm not sure if you need to maintain your membership for the extended warranty(s) to be valid. In automotive, you don't need to have a current membership.
Also, the final 2 years of warranty would be covered by the credit card (not the membership card).

Well, another journey to add to our Maldives trip. I researched today and our leg from Singapore to Taipei was not on a Hello Kitty plane; when I tried to move to the next day (to get the HK plane), I was able to pull up a first class flight on Emirates. Any other airline and I might not have batted an eyelash (who are we kidding, I have never flown in first class, but I digress), so I grabbed the flight and when I went to book, wasn't able to. I called Aeroplan and it turns out the leg from Abu Dhabi to Toronto isn't available, but the agent suggested that I book the leg from Singapore to Abu Dhabi in first and keep trying for the leg from Abu Dhabi to Toronto.

Has anyone ever been to Abu Dhabi? Is it worth staying 2 nights and touring, then returning to Toronto? Any suggestions for another airline that I could fly back to Toronto from Abu Dhabi (or JFK or Chicago)? We have AAdvantage, MRs, Avios and URs available to book.

Not sure whether the Costco Biz would count toward x/24, or not, but I know our Costco Executive and Sams Biz Plus memberships pay for their fees every year. So the upgraded membership is worth it if you do regular shopping there.

I'm not sure if you need to maintain your membership for the extended warranty(s) to be valid. In automotive, you don't need to have a current membership.
Also, the final 2 years of warranty would be covered by the credit card (not the membership card).

I'm not sure if you can keep the credit card if you're no longer a member? Pretty sure the credit card needs to be open for the extended warranty. I don't see us ever not being Costco members, so not something I've looked into.

@jaysraptor You'll want to look into this if you don't intend to keep the Costco membership long term.

The temps are going to be so much nicer for you! Hopefully the rain doesn't deter your plans too much. My weekend just got canceled (softball).
Thanks! I was actually looking forward to the 90s. It’s actually a little too cool for my liking, especially since I only brought shorts and tanks.

Thanks for the Saltgrass recommendation! We had a late lunch there today and everyone enjoyed their meal. DS had the 9 oz filet plus a 1/3 of my filet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter