I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to book for my July trip. September is SOG and I can't get it into the system so no booking. November is Poly (DVC my points), it's in my plans. I booked the first day and now I can't do anymore beyond that, "Disney Park Pass Limit Reached". I have 5 days book in July and 1 in Nov. :confused3

If you can't sign in, you should attempt to make a dining reservation to prompt the sign in. Do not complete that reservation. Instead go to the Park Pass Info link in the menu and you'll have the blue button to begin booking.

A lot of us are having trouble getting park reservations. I have an AP and 10 nights resort reservations, but it will only let me book 3 days and says my pass limit is reached. DVC resorts, rented points, they are all showing on my MDE. Appears to be common, although many are reporting able to get all their days.

I just booked 9 park reservations for our July trip. I really don't like that Disney is making people do reservations then give them the ability to move stuff later... So I just made the reservations and will cancel once I can get ahold of someone to ensure everything gets moved.

Some reports of getting in and booking....
I did get my parks reserved for December finally. Epcot shows 11 am opening, bummer.

I tried to get in after posting here at almost 8. Gave it a rest and went back on around 9:30am. Was about to give up and it let me in. I had tried the dining trick and it did not work for me so went back to the pink castle. Castle got me logged in and then into orbit and after about 20 minutes got to blank white page. Let that sit a few minutes and I was in.

I was booking for Oct 31 through Nov 7. Booked 3 days and it told me limit reached and call this number.

I'm a passholder but also have other tickets in MDE which of course I'm not planning to use. Don't need to give Disney any more headaches to fix.

Tried the number which doesn't even ring. Well, I've got 3 days so not unhappy. I actually went back and canceled and did 3 days with day off in between just in case, but I kept Halloween at Magic Kingdom as I haven't done the holiday in several years, so hope they at least decorate and let me do Haunted Mansion.

But I was just going to try the call again and my phone launched a system update, so I'll wait again. Good thing I'm retired.

A lot of us are having trouble getting park reservations. I have an AP and 10 nights resort reservations, but it will only let me book 3 days and says my pass limit is reached. DVC resorts, rented points, they are all showing on my MDE. Appears to be common, although many are reporting able to get all their days.

Same.

Does anyone have any experience with signing up for MotleyFool to get SW bonus points or any other ways to get some points towards companion pass. My DD has a pretty low credit limit or I'd just spend! lol. I'd like to get the CP sooner than later. She needs about 8-9K more.

Nope! That was my park reservation, not sure why they are calling it a FP+ now. My POP reservation is gone but the AOA remains.

I'm not going in to look at mine anymore. I did go back and checked my reservations and all dates were fine. I canceled earlier park dates after the system maxed me so I could spread the days out just in case it doesn't get fixed.

I was able to log in and get my park ressies this morning for our July trip (5 days) as well as 5 days in Nov (with a different travel party). July's trip using AP's, and Nov's using 5 day park hoppers. I was amazed it actually worked! Good luck to everyone who is having issues! I saw a lot of AP's it was limiting to 3, or some random number. So strange, hopefully everyone can get it straightened out soon.

I do have ATT and it was @LilSweetPeaPhoto that posted that info. I do have the phone number she sent me a long time ago. I really don't want to be locked into a contract though. I don't know why, lol, because I would switch in a heartbeat now if anyone else worked well so I am kind of stuck with them at this point. They did offer my a SE 256 GB for $15/month but it locks me in for 30 months and I really don't want that.
Check Walmart for the iPhone SE upgrade deal. The 256gb is $11.63/mo for 30 months ($349) and can be paid off early (suggestions were to wait 30+ days) without costing anymore because it's a straight discount. AT&T does charge an upgrade fee of $30 but I believe they charge that for any new phone. You may be able to find some of the old Slickdeals threads discussing this by googling it. Apparently this deal is good through July 17th, per a CNN article.
In March, DD had her iPhone 8 knocked into a hot tub and it wasn't working well afterwards (couldn't connect to wifi or Bluetooth, screen was glitchy, etc.) so when I saw this Walmart deal on Slickdeals, I offered to get it for her. She was hesitant at first because she wants the 12 when it comes out but who knows how much that's going to cost so we got her the red iPhone 64gb for a total of $199 plus the upgrade fee. We preordered the phone through Walmart and once it arrived and we got it set up she loves it. IF the iPhone12 isn't too ridiculously priced when released and she still wants it, she can trade this one in for the credit.

Does anyone have knowledge about upgrading UO tickets to AP's? I've done it in the past, but I have a somewhat complicated question that I tried asking on the UO forum but only got one of my questions answered there. Basically I'm trying to find out if I buy a 3 park ticket, go to VB in June, then want to upgrade to AP's, will I be able to upgrade to a Seasonal AP? VB is blacked out 6/12 - 8/16 for Seasonal AP's, so I know I wouldn't be able to use the AP there after upgrading, but if I use it before the upgrade am I limited to the AP I can upgrade to? I tried calling UO but they were no help. Any advice would be appreciated!

Opinions please. I just noticed I have negative UR balances on a few of the cards that I got refunds from cancelled trips on. I transfer all my UR's to one card when points got credited last month. Should I transfer the amount that is negative back to those cards to zero it out? Just wait for Chase to move stuff around (if they would even do that?) or just let it even out naturally as I make purchases. Except I don't make purchases often on those cards anymore.

Opinions please. I just noticed I have negative UR balances on a few of the cards that I got refunds from cancelled trips on. I transfer all my UR's to one card when points got credited last month. Should I transfer the amount that is negative back to those cards to zero it out? Just wait for Chase to move stuff around (if they would even do that?) or just let it even out naturally as I make purchases. Except I don't make purchases often on those cards anymore.

I would do it as I make purchases. That way your existing UR's stay available if you need them. One way or another Chase will get the 'money' back so might as well do it at your convenience. you might be able to stretch the payback by doing a charge every now and again.

Someone else may have more experience with how Chase actually does this as I've never had a refund or deduction and still have all my earned UR's.

Editing with another thought - transferring may be good if you are transferring into a card that only earns 1% on purchases. Maximize spend elsewhere.

Were you able to add your card to Apple Pay without the physical card in hand?

Just circling back to my earlier question to provide a DP that I was able to add a Chase card to Apple Pay on my iPhone without the physical card in hand. Today is 5 days post-approval, and Apple Pay wouldn't allow me to do it earlier (didn't check yesterday though).

Tagging @IFlossU in case you're also waiting for the card to arrive.

ETA: I'm unable to add it to Apple Watch because I need the CVV on the physical card.

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm another long time lurker (that is kind of shy posting) but I want to work on getting over that and would like to join in this group. I had a different user name that I created and used in 2009/2010, prior to our DCL cruise to the Baltic, but that was tied to a work email that I no longer have access to so I had to create a new user name.
My DH (P2) will follow my direction when it comes to getting and using cc's, and has liked the perks of using them, but wants it as simple as possible for him. When I have tried to explain things in more detail his eyes start rolling. So it has (so far) all been on me to try to make the best decisions regarding maximizing the benefits of holding certain cards and I am no where near the expert like so many of you all are. I will appreciate any and all help and advice!

Here's some information following the format on page 1.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.
P1- 02/20 - CHASE Ink Preferred
P2- 01/20 - CHASE Ink Preferred

We also have:
Me (P1)
05/12 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred
02/15 - CHASE Marriott Personal
11/11 - CITI Costco
05/09 - CHASE Disney
07/11 - CHASE United
05/01- Nordstrom
09/17- Pottery Barn
11/13- Target
DH (P2)
11/16 - Chase Sapphire Reserve
09/14 - CHASE United
08/16 - CHASE Marriott Personal
05/18 - CHASE Marriott Biz

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? $4,000-$6,000. Because DH is currently traveling every week for his job and the location he's now going to has changed (starting this week), it could be higher
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Pay in full and have excellent credit scores
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? TYS is the closest to us but have driven to Nashville to fly out of BNA
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? Currently United. We do both have SWA accounts but haven't used them in years since moving here
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Unfortunately, no. They do service BNA
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? Currently Marriott but want to add Hyatt and Radisson
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Marriott-1,700,000, UR's approximately 250,000, United- approximately 25,000. Working on rebuilding our points and miles after our last minute trip to Germany and Austria last October.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Travel! Both domestic and International
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) No plans currently other than DH's travel for his job. :sad1:
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Myself, DH and DD (16).
Please let me know if I missed anything.

P.S. DH is going to apply for the Chase Hyatt tonight and can use someone's support link since it will be the first for both of us. How does using a DISer's support link work? Do you need an email to send the link to him? Should he sign up for a World of Hyatt account first or is one assigned once the credit card application is approved?

Does anyone have knowledge about upgrading UO tickets to AP's? I've done it in the past, but I have a somewhat complicated question that I tried asking on the UO forum but only got one of my questions answered there. Basically I'm trying to find out if I buy a 3 park ticket, go to VB in June, then want to upgrade to AP's, will I be able to upgrade to a Seasonal AP? VB is blacked out 6/12 - 8/16 for Seasonal AP's, so I know I wouldn't be able to use the AP there after upgrading, but if I use it before the upgrade am I limited to the AP I can upgrade to? I tried calling UO but they were no help. Any advice would be appreciated!
I think you can only upgrade a 3-park ticket to a 3-park pass. I don’t remember being given the option to upgrade my 3-park ticket to just a 2-park pass.

If it helps you decide they have currently lifted all AP blackouts for VB except for July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter