I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your AO (I had it on my BBP)-
Get 10% back, up to $100
Lowe's
Expires 6/30/20

ETA- There’s also one for Grubhub (sadly, not on my Rose Gold though.)

Get 10% back, up to $75
Grubhub.com / Seamless.com
Expires 6/30/20
Thanks! DH and I both had the Lowe's offer.

Welcome back! At least you've got a name that is somewhat recognizable! Glad you had a great trip!

The names are so funny! When I signed up for Dischurners, I had to add letters to Judique. It only occurred to me later that just maybe I had logged in/signed up over there many years back, as I think my screen name is fairly unique. I don't remember and really don't care, but did spend a few minutes trying to search without success for the individual who shared my Dis name!
Yes- I was glad I could come up with a name that was pretty close to my old handle so that people wouldn't at least know who I was!

Another quick question: best card to put Park Savers Disney tickets on? Thinking of either my Barclay Arrival+ or DH’s CSR. We need to get these ASAP before we will have a new card, so no MSR to meet right now. Open to other suggestions too. (Probably not relevant, but we hope to upgrade these to APs.)

You can get an AU card (I think it is called green but not the same as the stand alone green), there isn’t a fee for this and each card includes a credit for TSA PreCheck, I did this for my son and his fiancé.
Just remember any AU will add to there 5/24 status since it’s a personal card. A better avenue for @ten6mom would be a biz plat. And then the green card with they would also get precheck

So last year I got DHs Platinum around the beginning of June. I had the best intentions to use the Saks credit for the Jan-June period, but that was when we had ILs cruise trip. I didn't get anything ordered and thought it's okay, I'll grab something as soon as the ship gets into port... then BIL got sick so that was no longer a priority.

So I get my Plat card and am like yes, I already know what I will order to use the credit! My card showed up Christmas eve, Christmas day I put in my order for this Le Creuset storage canister... purchase posts, AMEX credit posts, it arrives...

IT'S THE WRONG COLOR :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Now, this was not just the computer monitor color being off or something. They have a blue, more of a true blue color, which is what I was aiming for. They also have a green-blue color, almost a sea green-blue, which is also nice but I'm a blue girl. When I investigated I saw that... for all of the storage canisters Saks has the stock photos swapped for those colors! So the color it says on the box and label on the one I got matches the website and my email confirmation... and the photo color on the website and my email confirmation match... but the photo does not match the one I received. It's all of the storage canisters that are like that, but other dishes/cookware are labeled properly and have the correct photo color.

Saks just kept telling me that since it was an online order they would just waive the shipping fee on the return and refund it and I could place a new order, and that was the only option. Ughhhh not really what I want but I decided to roll the dice and re-ordered in the correct (by name) color, even though I put the order in on the morning of Dec 31. I just checked and it now shows as posted on Dec 31 too!!! And the refund won't show up until January since I will hopefully mail it tomorrow. Hopefully if I wait until after the refund posts to use my 2020 credit it will all be good.

Did Redditsearch.io remove the ability to filter by USER? https://redditsearch.io/

Anybody else familiar with this tool and if so, can you look and tell me if I'm missing something? It definitely is just missing for me now. That sort of stinks - it was a nice way to vet people joining DISchurners to see their post history on r/churning!

EDIT: I think it's just messed up right now. I can't even do a search period on it. I'll check it again tomorrow or in a few days :D
Yes, searching by comments is down right now. Apparently there's some hoopla over being able to search by author so dev took it out but that either directly or indirectly broke the whole tool. Not sure if it's intentionally down while they work on the author search issue, or the dev decided just to not fix the glitch right away. Searching by posts works but obviously not the same.

I noticed removeddit hasn't been working either and I wonder if it's tied to the same issue. I saw something about user deleted content being part of the reason for removing the author search so maybe there's a change to Reddit that's causing a problem? Or removeddit just decided not to like me (it happens).

Oh, while trying to find the comment that mentioned it I found the whole subreddit - r/pushshift
Here's an update, albeit a sad one, but maybe we'll get the comments search fixed since that part seems like a glitch.

You need to make an Avios account (BA awards) its free and then search “book with miles” from your account. Then you should be able to see partner flights online and book with Avios online. UR to Avios should be instant!
I seem to recall a couple of years back when I was booking some flights, I found them with award availability on AA site, but not showing on BA at all, so I had to call and ask for the flights using the award points.... but I can't quite remember how I did it....

Get 10% back, up to $100
Lowe's
Expires 6/30/20

Get 10% back, up to $75
Expires 6/30/20
Another Biz card offer is for
HotelStorm.com – A Priceline Company Spend $300 +, get $75 back. Up to 3 times (total of $225).
EXPIRES 06/30/2020

Also new ones in general for food delivery services, can sometimes stack these with rewards portals
FreshDirect Spend $100 or more, get $30 back. Up to 2x EXPIRES 02/29/2020

Freshly Spend $55 or more, get $15 back EXPIRES 03/02/2020

Home Chef Spend $45 or more, get $10 back. Up to 3 times (total of $30). EXPIRES 04/01/2020

Daily Harvest Spend $75 or more, get $25 back EXPIRES 03/26/2020

New Orlando hotel offer
Rosen Shingle Creek Spend $500 or more, get $100 back EXPIRES 04/30/2020

And new restaurant
Hard Rock Cafe Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
EXPIRES 04/02/2020

Get 10% back, up to $100
Lowe's
Expires 6/30/20

Get 10% back, up to $75
Expires 6/30/20
w00t!

For the Lowe's business cards offer- a reminder to anyone stuck in popup jail with Amex- this is a chance to put some good spend on one of your Amex cards!

Anyway to see pending SW support miles? P2 statement closed 12 days after P1 was approved and nothing was on that statement. Do I just need to wait until the next one?

For Lowe's are people grabbing Gift Cards? I had the offer on my Delta Biz.

I'll do most as gift cards, but a couple of hundred will be organic spend, as Lowes is my closest store for home improvements and the deal doesn't expire until June.

It feels like Monday, again. Ugh. :crazy2:
BUT the good news is it's Thursday...2 day week!! (Says the guy who still hasn't turned on his work computer today..... LOL)

Oooh!! @SouthFayetteFan doesn't let his FIRE plan interfere with staying at the best resorts. He only says he's cheap! He stays at the Deluxes and if you haven't read about his UO trip, check it out!
I am super cheap in many areas of my life yet when it comes to travel I "let my hair down" a bit so to speak. I really do try to balance saving for the future with enjoying some small splurges today. I appreciate the mention here as in my mind it actually justifies that what I'm doing is right for us - creating fun memories and enjoying experiences that without churning we probably wouldn't be able to do!! :D Tagging @IFlossU - don't let your FIRE plans or other dreams stand in the way of letting your points take you where you want to go!!

We bought our park tickets with URs - I got passes with a value pretty close to the cost of an annual pass (the kind with blackout dates, so not top tier), and was able to convert them at the hotel to annual passes for about $25 per person. BUT I couldn't do the upgrade until after we were done going to the parks - the APs I wound up with would have been blacked out during that weekend.
I was considering doing this for our trip..... if the cost is close enough.... but I was hestitating for the same reason, we're there on a blackout date.... do you feel like it was a smart move anyway? (I'm still weighing options)

I ended up being able to book Yacht Club. I’m nervous to tell DH the cost, though. We’re used to going in January and getting the Poly for $390-$450, but YC is 524. Is that reasonable for President’s week? BWI was showing available at $486. I’m the worst with decisions. DH what’s to use points and stay off site, but I think we’ll regret not being on site and close to DHS, especially since we only are planning on a couple days there. Plus, I want to use them for a return trip. We can always cash them out to help with the cost. If we don’t go back to Disney for a couple years, will our UR points expire? Do they ever expire?

My 2020 goal is to come up with a better approach to saving/earning points & rewards to help with the cost of a return trip to Disney. Chase UR works great for Universal, but not as well for Disney. I’m trying to be better about using the Shop Through Chase portal, but it seems so hit or miss.
For President's Day - yeah, that's probably a great price. I'm paying $469 a night for the lowest value days in January. Why not take the Boardwalk though to save $40 a night? (Not sure how many nights you were going).

I would NOT use points and stay off-site. Personally, I think you would regret it... As far as points for Disney goes, don't get hung up on cashing out URs if that's the right thing for you. I think this needs to be said to everybody here: Cashing out URs at 1cpp is GREAT!! If you can get more value than that out of them, ok...but if not...cash 'em out and stay at your dream Disney resort! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter