I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single one!
giphy.gif

A report from twitter indicates they are having issues with their web certificate or hosting provider for some folks. It might be affecting your area. I'll just copy and paste for others that may be affected as well:

According to reports online, Disney has changed the way it displays adult and child dining plan credits for Quick Service and Deluxe plans to better clarify how points are allocated.
As seen in the screenshot below, child and adult credits are now split instead of pooled together for Deluxe and Quick Service plans. Previous to this change, the credits were pooled for all guests on a reservation, regardless of child or adult designation. This meant that, technically, child credits could be used on adult meals because they were pulling from the same allocation. With the updated presentation of the credit allocation, it seems much less likely that this “loophole” will be able to be used at a location.

In reality, this is Disney simply providing an easy to understand look to something that allowed some ambiguity in the past and could have led to some guests utilizing the Disney Dining Plan in a way that Disney didn’t intend it to be used.
This isn’t a change in policy, but it will still impact how many use the Disney Dining Plan for their next visit. Many will see this clarification of allocation as a negative to the perceived value of the Disney Dining Plan, but it is ultimately just ensuring clear communication to the guest and servers at the point of transaction.
For more Walt Disney World news, keep checking back with us here at BlogMickey.com!

quick-service-disney-dining-plan-update-1.jpg
Is there anybody going to WDW on the dining plan anytime soon? Or do I need to go find ::gasp:: another thread for real life DPs on if this is truly being enforced??

So to keep folks updated on the shutdowns since many got kicked from the sub:

A few more shutdown reports over the past few days - nothing new or earth shattering - no new information to report. Heavy hitters should continue to be very worried. Those playing at a lesser (more recent) level should have still have a fair amount of concern if you earned 4 or more bonuses.

We still have no idea how long this will last or how far they will go. Sorry that doesn’t give you much to go on but that is where we stand right now.

I know this is vague. If you don’t know what this relates to then you likely have no worries. If you want to ask more specific questions or just discuss more openly please continue to frequent the appropriate thread on DISchurners.

Last edited:
My 2020 goals:

Hmm, hard to say...most of you know my dd19 will be in the DCP starting early this year so as many trips to see her and be at WDW as possible are top priority! Nothing else even compares to that goal.

After that, it's kind of hard, if dd does not extend and is really done in August 2020, I think we are hoping to do a DLR trip. We went in June 2018 and had an amazing time. We would all love to repeat that! If she extends and is there through Jan 2021, then it is a lot more WDW for us. I guess not a bad thing but kind of boring for posting travel goals lol!!

I have 4 Bonvoy FNC's to use and a 7-night cert to use also. No clue how we will get those used.

Thanks for posting this! Even though we don’t purchase the dining plan we have the free dining promotion for this summer as part of a Bounceback. We had it last year from the previous Bounceback too but had a ton of meal credits left (due to spending a few days at Universal) so we brought home way too many snacks. I wonder if the child quick service credit will no longer be able to be swapped for 3 snacks. Probably not lol.
We were so blessed on our last WDW trip (Dec 2019) to have a lady approach me in Epcot and say they had leftover credits and that she would like to buy our meals :oops: Um, thank you!!! Turns out, she wanted to buy 4 adult meals for us which is plenty of food for my fam as we are used to sharing. I hugged her. She probably thought I was crazy lol!

Did Redditsearch.io remove the ability to filter by USER? https://redditsearch.io/

Anybody else familiar with this tool and if so, can you look and tell me if I'm missing something? It definitely is just missing for me now. That sort of stinks - it was a nice way to vet people joining DISchurners to see their post history on r/churning!

EDIT: I think it's just messed up right now. I can't even do a search period on it. I'll check it again tomorrow or in a few days :D

Last edited:
Travel goals for this year: Pretty much only Japan.

Having to pare down my itinerary now that I am a couple days short of what I originally thought I'd have time to do.

Originally I wanted three days at TDR (one in each park and then a hopper on day 3) but I'm going to have to reduce that to two. Husband MUST go back to Disney Sea and I MUST see the new Beauty and the Beast and Big Hero 6 things at TDL!

And, if I cannot get the Hilton thing sorted out, we will be spending our time in a microscopic hotel with a microscopic bathroom for 10 days! Sandwiched on either end by a luxurious flight! But this trip is about the sights, not the hotels, so I am sure it will all work out.

So I played this game with my wife and daughter this evening:
https://www.target.com/p/ravensburger-disney-villainous-the-worst-takes-it-all-game/-/A-53355096
We got it for her for Christmas. They had been playing it a lot but forced me to play tonight. I'll be honest, I did NOT like it at first because there's a TON of reading/rules/nuance. But by the end, it was pretty neat! I'd totally recommend it as a fun game to play!! We've been doing a lot of board games over holiday break. I guess I'm just here reminiscing before bed tonight because I don't want to work tomorrow, lol!

We also have been enjoying Disney Codenames!

So I played this game with my wife and daughter this evening:
https://www.target.com/p/ravensburger-disney-villainous-the-worst-takes-it-all-game/-/A-53355096
We got it for her for Christmas. They had been playing it a lot but forced me to play tonight. I'll be honest, I did NOT like it at first because there's a TON of reading/rules/nuance. But by the end, it was pretty neat! I'd totally recommend it as a fun game to play!! We've been doing a lot of board games over holiday break. I guess I'm just here reminiscing before bed tonight because I don't want to work tomorrow, lol!

We also have been enjoying Disney Codenames!
Have you played this? https://www.target.com/p/color-brain-disney-edition-card-game/-/A-75562930

Dh and I love it

@PolyRob - Happy NY brother. I assume you’re still up over there! 🤣 Not sure who else is still with us.
YES! I was awake like I am now!! 🤣

Sorry to have disappeared. I really missed everyone :grouphug: Things got really busy with the holidays, but work and life are returning to normal so my DIS time should as well!

Happy belated holidays and Happy New Year to everyone! Looking forward to catching-up and reacting to a ton of posts from the past week!

ETA: I am just realizing I was mentioned on a 3.0 thread?!? We're fancy for 2020 :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter