I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone out there is enjoying their Grubhub on my Amex :rolleyes2 I'm glad I've already used my $10 monthly credit. Now I have wait for it to go pending so I can dispute it and watch for more charges.

It was used for gas at 7eleven in early May. I bet a skimmer got it even though I looked that pump over before inserting the card.
We were on vacation last week and DH got a message that someone had linked his Gold AmEx to a Starwood Preferred Guest account. I found that really odd as I didn't think there was an official SPG program anymore? Plus we have barely used the card the last few months. I was planning to cancel it after the next statement, he's had it a year but the AF hadn't posted yet, so he went ahead and just cancelled.

I don’t want to go through the trouble of making a listing and having someone come to my house for cardboard boxes lol. I’ll probably just look online for our nearest recycling place. I mainly meant because we both have small cars so getting them all in there is gonna be fun

We have a separate recycling pick up each week for plastic and glass bottles, cans, cardboard etc....in addition to our 2 regular garbage pick ups....probably one of the reasons taxes are so high here on LI

I've gotten none of the recent Staples offers on Amex or Chase, or anything good for that matter. I was trying to think of some good reason to get the fee-free VGCs at Staples next week, but with the Best Buy deal dead and no Staples offer, I don't see a reason to.
I'm with you. I check everyday hoping they will pop up. Nada. Neither of us got the MR/amazon deal this time either.

DD5 wanted the Olaf with the little snow guys...saw it earlier and I can't order...but there were others I could choose. Frustrating for sure! Can you not do piecemail? I don't want to mess it up if I order one and then next week order another but can't because it only ships once.

If you figure it out, let me know. So far it only gives me the option to checkout when I have selected MBs for everyone in our party.

Some premium MBs are back but still no snack band. I’m wondering if I should give up on that one and just order a different one. I feel like a couple though are new ones that I didn’t see before.

I'm at the end of my rope with this MB situation. Everytime the pirate one pops up I try to order it for DS11 and it tells me there is an error and try again later. This has happened on multiple days/browsers. Still happening now.

Also, the whole upgraded mb thing went live 2 days after my May trip bands shipped so we missed out. Now we have a July trip and can't get any upgraded bands for that b/c they can't seem to keep them in stock and they're ordering system working.

I'm very disappointed in Disney lately.

Last edited:

I'm about to give up on the upgraded MB's as well. Every time I check, there are the right ones for like 3 of our 6 (not always the same 3). So I choose those - if it actually lets me and I don't get the error - but I can't order since I've not chosen for everyone and next time I go back, those are gone :furious:

If you figure it out, let me know. So far it only gives me the option to checkout when I have selected MBs for everyone in our party.
Will do! I only plan on ordering that one if I can get my hands on it but will play around and see what happens.

I was trying to figure the same thing out a few days ago...unfortunately everyone on your reservations bands have to be ordered at the same time

Has anyone stopped getting (and keeping!) paper copies and regretted it afterwards?

Do you all get paperless on your credit card statements also? Anyone had any trouble? Has there ever been a time you had to go back and research something and wished you had a paper copy?
Most of my cards are paperless statements, but I have some old paper statements saved from previous years. It did come in handy when my car company decided to retroactively extend the warranty on the headlights that had failed. I had to dig up receipts/statements from several years before. I never thought about downloading them and saving them on the computer. I'm not sure I'm organized enough to do that regularly.

Lol the whole process just sounds too complicated and scary for me haha.

I thought much the same thing but signed up for a card online "just in case." When the last round of Safeway MCGC and VGCs hit, I gave it a tentative shot. My only regret is all of the gift card deals I've missed. It's super easy and painless.

(That said, I have a number of Family Dollar and Dollar General options in my area and as part of my normal commute. If you don't have one nearby that changes it a bit)

@disneybirds I did it successfully until one day the manager saw me, chewed me out & stopped the transaction. I was sitting on a few hundred still so I tried a different day, different time, different cashier- same freaking manager caught me chewed me out again and chewed the cashier as well. If she could have shot lasers out of her eyes I’d be dead lol. Never. Again.

Oh no! That is terrible. I don't have a spreadsheet, but what part of the country are you in?

When you take out a couple credit cards because your wallet is getting too thick, and you decide to use one of those cards and freak out when it is not in your wallet, and just hoping it was one of the cards you took out but can't remember..... Just glad it was put up.
Or when you ask your husband to get a couple bottles of alcohol because you have a deal on ibotta, and he forgets to get the receipt.....
Just some thoughts today......

I’ve read about serve on our MS page on reddit and still confused on it. I get that you are loading with the VGC and then what? Anything that requires me to leave my house doesn’t seem that easy. Lol. But I do have two new Dollar Generals within 10 minutes of my house in both directions. As I said earlier, I live kind of away from anything so this is big news here to have 2 stores so close.

Has anyone done PayPal through FB? I saw a post on Reddit last week and was going to save it, but then went on vacation and forgot about it and now I can’t find it. Something about tricking the CIP to code as 3% with Paypal because it thinks it was advertising or something since it went through Facebook.

Last edited:
I'm about to give up on the upgraded MB's as well. Every time I check, there are the right ones for like 3 of our 6 (not always the same 3). So I choose those - if it actually lets me and I don't get the error - but I can't order since I've not chosen for everyone and next time I go back, those are gone :furious:
Well if it makes you feel better, I can add band added to each person without an error but then when I go to checkout get an error. So the fact that the ones you need aren't showing is probably not the only hindrance.:headache:

I won’t do the money order thing. Someone on our local FB page talked about all the drug dealers that go to Walmart and get MOs every day. My luck I would get caught up in a drug bust from having my name or survelience of me getting them. Nope, not doing that. Have no idea why the drug dealers get them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter