I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new SW card has an interesting feature of WiFi credits on SW flights:

Inflight WiFi Credits on Southwest Airlines Flights: You will receive Inflight WiFi Credits in the form of credit card statement credits for purchases of WiFi access made on WiFi-enabled Southwest® aircraft with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card. Inflight WiFi Credits are limited to a total of 365 $8 credits per year for all WiFi transactions on the overall business card account.

Hopefully this will be added to the "refer to all SW card" program though... I mean they advertise this on the referral page:
NEW! Now choose any participating Southwest Rapid Rewards (Registered Trademark) Credit Card.

So hopefully they'll add this one so you could actually get 90k out of one signup!!! :D
Very true....just have to see if I can meet the extra $2k spend....and pay the extra $100 AF

Also wondering if they will lower the 60k sign up bonus on the premier card

Any Plastiq experts out there? I am trying to meet 15k threshold for a free weekend night from Hilton. Hilton AmEx is 6ppd at grocery stores so I would like to pay my mortgage via Plastiq using MC gift cards from the grocery store. In order to do this I would need 5X $500 MC gift cards, but per Plasiq you can only use one payment source per bill?

You can't combine 5x $500 MCGC into one lump sum. You'd have to send 5x payments of $495.05 (assuming a 1% fee on each). How your mortgage company treats partial payments that are less than your statement amount is YMMV. You'd need to contact your mortgage company to see how they handle such payments, e.g., apply towards principle only, hold in a suspension account, can you call to have the payments directed towards your statement?, etc.

Plastiq HELOC towards my AA MSR was a success! Here's my complete process:
  • 6/8 - $500 Payment Initiated to HELOC (paid $12.50 fee @ 2.5%) - Payment to arrive by 6/18
  • 6/8 - Setup auto-transfer of HELOC to checking for 6/13 (extra cushion in case payment arrived early)
  • 6/13 - $500 transfer occurs
  • 6/14 - Plastiq email says payment was sent
  • 6/18 - Plastiq email says bank cashed my check
  • 6/19 - Payment posts with my bank
  • 6/19 - I made payment of $0.32 for the interest ($0.08 per day for 4 days)
  • So in total I paid $12.82 to meet $500 of my MSR. Not a bad deal at all!
  • AND I'll save money on the next payment since I did the 2 player Plastiq referral and my wife now has $500 FFDs and I have $1,000 FFDs :D
  • To cap it all off, I'll pay the credit card bill from the account where the money was deposited.
Since my bank is my employer and is a fairly large regional bank I will not be cutting it too close with my transfer and payment. I know @bernina actually had a check show up before making the advance. My concern is that if this occurred it could be flagged as something odd and I don't want to get my HELOC shutdown or have my employer ask questions on what I'm doing. Even if I did the full $5,000 and it sat there for a week I'd only pay $5 in interest :D

EDIT: If you're trying to figure out your potential interest exposure do this:
1) Take your interest rate (let's say 6%)
2) Divide that by 365 (so 0.06 / 365 = 0.000164)
3) Multiply that number by the amount you're processing (let's say $1,000)
4) Multiply that number by the number of days you think the balance will sit there (let's say 5)
5) So in summary = 0.000164 x $1,000 = $0.16 per day x 5 days = $0.80
With a 6% Interest Rate it costs you $0.16 per day in interest for $1,000 and so 5 days would cost $0.80
Basically what I'm saying is the interest cost is inconsequential here so don't cut it too close!
I have a balance on my HELOC from when I installed solar panels last year. If I send my HELOC 5k from plastiq and let it sit in my HELOC until the credit card payment is due, I may actually make a few cents on the interest I would save. Haven't done any specific math yet.

NEW Southwest Card IS subject to 5/24

Whenever Chase releases a new card this is always a question (even if it was just a glitch). Unfortunately 5/24 applies. A couple of folks >5/24 on r/churning have applied and status line went immediately to 7-10 days (indicating a very likely denial).

Is anyone familiar with the workings of the ankle? I haven't done a thing to it but have a pain. It made itself known earlier today once and then stopped. Ran at the gym after work for 30 min without issue but it now has a kind of stabbing pain by the knob on the side. Ice didn't make it stop. From my googling what it seems to be it shouldn't because what I read said it's hard to hurt and is most often done with an ankle sprain. No problems walking, standing, no swelling.

Grocery carts are the worst. I seem to either get sick from not wiping a cart or hand basket with a wipe or from some not nice word coughing and not covering their mouth. If there aren't wipes and I don't have a wet one with me I will skip the cart/basket if I can. Lady in the restroom at SFO last Sept coughed without covering her mouth and you could tell she was sick. I knew she'd gotten me and did, so annoying.

Also didn't know until last year that long distance running may weaken your immune system, which I believe because when I started doing half's I'd get sick more than once a year which had been my norm. All the more reason to not do them :) Though I am getting an itch for it but haven't found one worthy of breaking down and doing it.
Is the pain kind of below the knob and wraps towards the front? If so, I have had the same issue. I am a very active person, do lots of sports, and my ankles never bothered me. After I started running more and longer distances, both of my ankles would hurt like that. There would be a really sharp pain and it would go away in a few seconds. The next day, walking was a nightmare. I have been able to minimize the issue with a few weeks of physical therapy last summer and a consistent ankle/calf stretching/strength routine.

With the CSR rental car insurance, if the rental is under dh's name but I pay for it with my card, will we still have coverage?
Car rentals are strict with the name on the card must match the driver. You would need to be an additional driver to use your card from what I understand.
I made the reservation under DH's name, but when asked how we were going to pay for it, I pulled out my CSR and the rental car person said the primary name on the contract had to match the name on the credit card so we switched it to me. Since I booked it through Costco, DH was my free additional driver.

I have not researched these methods other than reading comments on reddit. These both require leaving the house, right?
Yes, they do require leaving the house lol. Actually there used to be a Serve product that you could load online, but that's no longer available.

Technically, I think you need to leave the house to sign all the paperwork for a new HELOC too. All owners of the house need to be present, submit IDs for the notary, etc. If you have an existing HELOC set up then you can go straight to the couch MS method.

Just a cautionary note: depending on the terms of the HELOC, you can get burned if you close the HELOC early. I had to pay a $500 penalty the last time I had a HELOC that I closed because we sold our house and moved within 5 years of my opening the HELOC.

Is it possible to pool Hilton points between spouses?
@snugglebug not sure if this got answered, but yes, you can transfer them over, free and easy.

This doesn't happen very often and I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen with any bank other than Amex. I'm not sure what is going on with @elgerber's Delta bonus but it appears that Amex has some trouble keeping track of what has been spent. Obviously this is concerning if you are chasing Amex card bonuses but I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about.
Yeah, I have no idea what my problem is, and it's the one and only time I have ever had this problem. All the reps agree, when they look at my numbers, I have met the spend, but their system can't agree. I am getting more ticked off by the day.
RE: new SW Performance Biz card. Here's the offer and MSR, which is what I figured for such a hefty sign up. What's interesting is the eligibility -

Earn 80,000 Points: This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for your bonus points, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.

Note that it says "this business card" and not any like the personals state. That's promising. And it's a reasonable AF at $199. Only $50 more than the Priority but with much more stuff.

ETA: Totally forgot the link to the card page -
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/NAEPBizW
Interesting. I just got a CIP a couple days ago, so I guess I would have time to mull this over LOL. I need to be under 5/24 to get it, but if I did, it doesn't count against the 5/24 personal, correct?

This seems like a basic question here.... but I'd like to verify this...... say I recommend a CIP to a fam member,so they can get the bonus (has actual side biz too!) but they're concerned about making MSR. Is it a valid course to direct them to a P2P source such as pay pal or venmo to hit that MSR,potentially making payment to family or friend..etc without hitting their own bank acct too hard? or is this irresponsible to recommend? I know it would involve a user fee, but in my past experience this has been a viable way to help hit that spend. wwyd? thanks for any input.

RE: new SW Performance Biz card. Here's the offer and MSR, which is what I figured for such a hefty sign up. What's interesting is the eligibility -

Earn 80,000 Points: This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for your bonus points, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.

Note that it says "this business card" and not any like the personals state. That's promising. And it's a reasonable AF at $199. Only $50 more than the Priority but with much more stuff.

ETA: Totally forgot the link to the card page -
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/NAEPBizW
what is this??? how did I miss this?

You can't combine 5x $500 MCGC into one lump sum. You'd have to send 5x payments of $495.05 (assuming a 1% fee on each). How your mortgage company treats partial payments that are less than your statement amount is YMMV. You'd need to contact your mortgage company to see how they handle such payments, e.g., apply towards principle only, hold in a suspension account, can you call to have the payments directed towards your statement?, etc.
Thank you!

Hopefully this will be added to the "refer to all SW card" program though... I mean they advertise this on the referral page:
NEW! Now choose any participating Southwest Rapid Rewards (Registered Trademark) Credit Card.

So hopefully they'll add this one so you could actually get 90k out of one signup!!! :D
I just LOVE the new bookmarks feature (that I didn't know about till someone noted it yesterday)

Interesting. I just got a CIP a couple days ago, so I guess I would have time to mull this over LOL. I need to be under 5/24 to get it, but if I did, it doesn't count against the 5/24 personal, correct?
Correct!

what is this??? how did I miss this?

New card that @LuckyMamaInDE posted a couple posts up... so you weren't missing for long :)

Whoa, what is this new feature??
I don't know if it's available on mobile, but on desktop version there's a little bookmark shape in the upper right corner of each post, between the share button and the post number. Click on that. You can fill in the message with info about the post and you can create a label for it in your records.

I can view my bookmarks by clicking on my name at the top of a page.

EDIT---it's on mobile too lol

I don't know if it's available on mobile, but on desktop version there's a little bookmark shape in the upper right corner of each post, between the share button and the post number. Click on that. You can fill in the message with info about the post and you can create a label for it in your records.
I see it, where you do you find them once you save them?

Southwest Credit Card Listing

So Here's a rundown of the FIVE credit cards that Chase now has with Southwest and the various features/benefits:

Personal
1) Southwest Plus

• $69 Annual fee
  • Standard signup bonus of 40k RR pts / $1k MSR available via public AND support link
  • Elevated 50k / $2k MSR offer is typically available via in-flight links which we share on DISchurners from time to time
  • Limited time 60k / $2k MSR offers come out periodically throughout the year
  • 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases.
  • 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
  • 3,000 anniversary points each year.
  • Card is subject to 5/24 to get approved AND counts as a "5" slot in your 5/24 once approved
2) Southwest Premier
  • $99 Annual fee
  • Standard signup bonus of 40k RR pts / $1k MSR available via public AND support link
  • Elevated 50k / $2k MSR offer is typically available via in-flight links which we share on DISchurners from time to time
  • 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases.
  • 6,000 anniversary points each year.
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Card is subject to 5/24 to get approved AND counts as a "5" slot in your 5/24 once approved
3) Southwest Priority
  • $149 Annual fee
  • 7,500 anniversary points each year.
  • $75 Southwest annual travel credit
  • Four Upgrade Boardings per year when available
  • 20% back on inflight drinks and WiFi.
Business
4) Southwest Premier Business
  • $99 Annual fee
  • Standard signup bonus of 60k RR pts / $3k MSR available via public AND support link
  • 6,000 anniversary points each year.
  • Card is subject to 5/24 to get approved BUT DOES NOT count as a "5" slot in your 5/24 once approved
5) Southwest Performance Business
  • $199 Annual fee
  • NEW (Standard?) signup bonus of 80k RR pts / $5k MSR available via public link
  • NO support link currently but stay posted as that might change
  • 3 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and hotel/car rental partners
  • 2 points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising
  • 2 points per $1 spent on internet, cable and phone services
  • 9,000 anniversary points each year.
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit
  • Four Upgrade Boardings per year when available
  • Inflight WiFi Credits: Up to 365 x $8 credits per year for all SW inflight WiFi transactions
  • Card is subject to 5/24 to get approved BUT DOES NOT count as a "5" slot in your 5/24 once approved

Is the pain kind of below the knob and wraps towards the front? If so, I have had the same issue. I am a very active person, do lots of sports, and my ankles never bothered me. After I started running more and longer distances, both of my ankles would hurt like that. There would be a really sharp pain and it would go away in a few seconds. The next day, walking was a nightmare. I have been able to minimize the issue with a few weeks of physical therapy last summer and a consistent ankle/calf stretching/strength routine.

No it goes toward the back. We'll see if it does anything today or when\after I run Saturday. If it doesn't come back it was just something weird. I do plenty strength training and stretching but am always open to adding to it if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter