I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember if anyone came back with an update for this but they Promotion details are showing now. I was surprised when I got it because SW never picked me for any promotion before. So I registered for anything just in case it disappeared (I could have been giving up a kidney for all I knew, just excited to actually have one!)
Earn 25% bonus points

Register to earn up to 10,000 bonus points this year.
When you have at least 10,000 points post to you Rapid Rewards® account between 7/1/19 and 10/31/19 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 10,000 bonus points).*

For example, if you have 2,500 points from your Rapid Rewards® Credit Card post to your account each month during July, August, September, and October, you’ll earn 2,500 bonus points from Southwest.

Those 2,500 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!

*To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 6/7/2019 and 10/31/2019 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 10,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 7/1/2019 and 10/31/2019.

Has anyone received theirs from earlier this year? Usual restriction that the sign up bonus isn't eligible but curious to see if it still counts as it did in the past. That's the only way I'm hitting 10k points in the promo period.
DH didn't receive any from earlier this year I think I was off by $5 thanks to a returned toy

just checked DH doesn't have the swa offer :-( go figure since we will be putting spend on a swa card now. maybe the promotion will show up once his card arrives sometime in the next month

Can't remember if anyone came back with an update for this but they Promotion details are showing now. I was surprised when I got it because SW never picked me for any promotion before. So I registered for anything just in case it disappeared (I could have been giving up a kidney for all I knew, just excited to actually have one!)
Earn 25% bonus points

Register to earn up to 10,000 bonus points this year.

When you have at least 10,000 points post to you Rapid Rewards® account between 7/1/19 and 10/31/19 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 10,000 bonus points).*

For example, if you have 2,500 points from your Rapid Rewards® Credit Card post to your account each month during July, August, September, and October, you’ll earn 2,500 bonus points from Southwest.

Those 2,500 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!

*To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 6/7/2019 and 10/31/2019 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 10,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 7/1/2019 and 10/31/2019.

Has anyone received theirs from earlier this year? Usual restriction that the sign up bonus isn't eligible but curious to see if it still counts as it did in the past. That's the only way I'm hitting 10k points in the promo period.

:laughing:

I got the current promo on my SW too and just registered because, hey! I got a promo!

I registered for the previous promo too - hoping that the CC SUBS would count even though the fine print said it wouldn't - and the SUB didn't count towards the promo.

If I were 2500 points away from a CP then I'd consider it, but otherwise it's honestly not very compelling. My CP will last me through Dec 2020.

For those heading to Universal to try out Hagrid’s Motorbike...test runs have started...https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157625191208643&id=90662953642

18 more days for us! I am not allowed to watch since DS wants our 6/26 ride on my birthday to be our first time.

I received an email offer for the Hilton Honors card - 80K points for $1000 spend in 3 months. Is this a good offer? I know it will use a 5/24 spot but I am only 1/24. Is is worth a spot?

I don't think anyone answered yet so just to make sure, no, this is not a good offer and definitely not worth a 5/24 spot. The no-fee Hilton has been as high as 100k/$1k, I think (and even that is not worth a 5/24 spot).

as long as hhi is below 50% I'd think you are ok. I didn't lower any of mine bc I didn't want to wait the week or so and didn't think to lower them in advance.
ETA I had 9k on #2 and 5.5k on CIC before I went for #3. I was just under 50% and got an approval by the next day.
Ok. Thanks. Just applied and it went pending. I've been spoiled with auto-approvals lately so the wait is going to drive me crazy.

For those heading to Universal to try out Hagrid’s Motorbike...test runs have started...https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157625191208643&id=90662953642

18 more days for us! I am not allowed to watch since DS wants our 6/26 ride on my birthday to be our first time.
I’m so excited! I’m not sure when we’ll go but hopefully sometime this summer

For anyone looking at going to Vegas this summer, there are some great Amex offers for Caesars properties, Wynn, and MGM. Some are being offered in both cash back and MR forms so it's possible they will stack.

I did a status match this week for P1 and P2 from Marriott (P1 is Plat, P2 is Gold) to Wyndham to get Wyndham Diamond (very fast match, it was processed overnight) then matched to Caesar's Rewards Diamond (this took two days).

Booked 1 night for P1 and 1 night for P2 using separate Amex offers ($40 off $200+). We will each receive a $100 dining credit and 2 free show tickets and waived resort fees & parking fees, courtesy of being Caesar's Diamond status. So $200 free food and 2 shows for the 2 days we are there. And we'll check out the Centurion lounge in LAS on the way home.

Switched my SW CP to DH, so flights are $22.40 OOP. The value of the free food and show tickets should mostly offset what we spent for the hotel rooms. This weekend getaway for me and DH is probably going to cost less than the petsitter for the weekend!

:laughing:

I got the current promo on my SW too and just registered because, hey! I got a promo!

I registered for the previous promo too - hoping that the CC SUBS would count even though the fine print said it wouldn't - and the SUB didn't count towards the promo.

If I were 2500 points away from a CP then I'd consider it, but otherwise it's honestly not very compelling. My CP will last me through Dec 2020.

Well, womp womp I guess. But maybe they'll see me spending on the card in response to the offer and send me other promotions like it worked ::yes::
I agree 2,500 points isn't very compelling to spend upwards of 10k on the card o_O

Ugh...thanks...as you can tell I have no idea what I am doing over there
No worries - reddit automatically flags all chase links as spam. When we refresh the DISchurners threads I actually manually approve all of them so they can be links. We don't do that on the r/churningreferrals sub though - way too much work!

I received an email offer for the Hilton Honors card - 80K points for $1000 spend in 3 months. Is this a good offer? I know it will use a 5/24 spot but I am only 1/24. Is is worth a spot?

I saw an offer for the Hilton Honors Ascend for 150,000

Attachments

• hiltonascend150.PNG
    hiltonascend150.PNG
    128.1 KB · Views: 5
My son started with a Citi student card. My dd a Cap One. His offer came in the mail (8 years ago) her (5 years ago) I went in one of the credit sites and found a list of best student cards and picked that one. After a year or two they upgraded her to the Quicksilver. My sons was upgraded at some point too.

Most of my kids started with the secured Discover card. The best thing about this card is that after 6 months of on-time payments, Discover converted it to an unsecured card and now it shows on their credit reports as always having been unsecured. No AF.

Just cancelled my daughter's Cap One Quicksilver after two years. She paid the AF after the first year, but now has better cards that have no annual fee so she wanted to cancel.

Gave ya an ^
Thanks! The thing that frustrates me is to be accused of doing this on a self-serving manner. People over there get angry at people for actually helping the community! That’s just crazy - everybody who takes time to post helpful comments and put effort in should be thanked! I think creating an opportunity for people to potentially give a fellow redditor 10k SW pts is a nice gesture. The only reason I can come up with for that tone is jealousy.

How long does it take to receive a sw card? Impatiently waiting, why they can’t expedite a card especially when flight schedules just released. You’d think they want you to use their cards. Meanwhile the flights I booked have gone up $36 $52 each. I won’t be canceling those. Thinking the next release they might go down.
Use air hint to track the flight. SW prices change often and I've never gotten a deal on the release day. That said, I don't ever fly peak days...such as Thaknsgiving wed to sun....so that prob helps.

We have no idea what’s “usual” yet actually. Since Disney only releases rooms once a year, this is the first time that’s happened since we discovered AA for Disney :)

AAvacations.com has the lower rate and you do have to book a throwaway rental car on that site. I’d review the notes on the DISchurners WDW thread before booking.
I noticed the last couple days that the price discrepancy btwn the 2 sites is less now, and the useaamiles site was lower for the dates I checked. I almost posted the DPs here, but didn't want to bore anyone. In my case, there were usually a few hundred points difference total and useaamiles being the lesser total due.

I noticed the last couple days that the price discrepancy btwn the 2 sites is less now, and the useaamiles site was lower for the dates I checked. I almost posted the DPs here, but didn't want to bore anyone. In my case, there were usually a few hundred points difference total and useaamiles being the lesser total due.
Can you post your dates and resort so I can take a look at that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter