I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me! I know. I am still debating the middle of our trip. Hopefully we’ll run into each other there. We’ll be there 6/20-23. DS has already requested to go jet skiing one day. Last time, he and DH flew off of the ski in the middle of the ocean but, clearly, DS doesn’t care.

This is a work trip for DH so I will have to find something to entertain myself all week. I asked DS to come and he said the beach for a week sounded boring. Lol. I have such a fun kid, he would rather do nothing. I think DH is done Thursday afternoon and we don’t fly out till Sunday so he will have a little fun time. But we are only at the Sheraton through Friday. And I still have to find a hotel for the last 2 nights. I am terrible.

What are the cash prices looking like for your flights? Would that get you better value for the UR you have? By calling in it should be the cash price that SW is showing but you'd use your UR points at the 1.25x value. Your 80,143 points would be worth about $1,001 that way.

The price on Southwest is $1178 but the points are now 79,314. If I call in would that be better? It looks like it might be better just to transfer points over to Southwest....

Just off the Wonder this morning. Our trip was awesome with few hiccups.
Here is the view from our current room. Somehow I can’t post any pics that aren’t landscape or they get rotated 90 degrees
Trying to catch up on the thread, but it will take awhile. Thanks for the Reddit news thread, especially @Lain hard work.

View attachment 406049

Lovely view. We had a similar view from our Pan Pacific room and it was so cool to watch the ship sail in the morning our cruise started. Can't wait to hear all about your cruise!

FYI: I find SW pts to be worth 1.48cpp on average so you’re already getting better than 1.25cpp by transferring to SW.

that is what I am coming to see, So it would be best just to transfer points to Southwest, Is that hard? I think it says you can only transfer 60,000 points a day, is that right? So I just have to hope the flgihts are still there in a few days before I get all my points moved over?

that is what I am coming to see, So it would be best just to transfer points to Southwest, Is that hard? I think it says you can only transfer 60,000 points a day, is that right? So I just have to hope the flgihts are still there in a few days before I get all my points moved over?

No, you can definitely transfer more than that. I don’t think there is a limit and the transfer takes 1-3 minutes, if. That. It is super easy and quick!

1. Go to the UR tab.
2. Find the transfer to partners option
3. Find Southwest and setup it with your SW RR account info
4. Enter the amount of URs to transfer and through the screens to confirm the transfer
5. Log into your SW RR account and check balance
6. If not there, hit refresh and they should be there shortly

Easy Peary!

The price on Southwest is $1178 but the points are now 79,314. If I call in would that be better? It looks like it might be better just to transfer points over to Southwest....
Can you share your dates and city pairing? I’d love to take a quick look at it to make sure we aren’t missing any pricing opportunity.

So I received a letter today from Barclay, requesting additional information for application of AA Biz card. Since they already hard pulled my credit, I decided to send the documents they are asking for via USPS certified mail. If somehow I get approved and card doesn’t get locked, that’s a win for me I guess. I’m expecting a same letter for my husband in a few days.

$1178 for SW flight? how many ppl are flying? should be better redemption than that.

Dec 29, 2019 Vegas From ATL until Jan 4th 2020 to ATL For 3 seats....
Looks like you’re doing the 7:30pm out and the 9:50am home - both nonstop.

It looks like a decent price around holiday travel. There’s no advantage to searching for 1 or 2 people so all 3 seats are priced the same. You’re right that it’s just under 80k SW pts and the cpp is in the 1.45 range - if you’re happy with the flight times I’d probably go with it :)

thank yall very much!!! this is all new to me so I want to do it right, I think the time will work, I am waiting on my son to let me know if it works for him, He is a poker player and he will be turning 30 this year, so we want to go visit him for his birthday. He lives in San Diego most of the year but we want to visit Vegas for New Years!

DH is off to Utah for the day on Thursday with his boss. They booked him on Delta, curses! lol I want that SW A list status now.

SLC, UT. Where you can try but you are ultimately a #deltahostage.

Ok I'm going to ask this question but start with an apology...I'm having a hard time using search now, and I can't seem to pull up relevant info on this...I know I asked and was answered in the past but right now the changes are making it difficult to find..... Priority pass lounges at MCO. I will be arriving around 10 pm, and using ME next morning. Any chance I could use a PP lounge pass either later at night, or early am before getting bus? Looks like two clubs to choose from, the one on concourse4 B looks possible....or just don't bother?
Don’t bother. You can check the hours on the website for it but just because it is open no guarantee you would be admitted anyway.

After my recent experience there I would say don't even bother. It looks like they close around 10pm anyway and they require a boarding pass (not sure if it works upon arrival).

Not sure about your experience (doesn’t sound good) but after our experience 2 trips ago (they said they were too busy to let us in and a little rude about it) DH refuses to go there and even try. Oh well. He is not as cheap as I am; he does not get the call of not having to pay for food!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter