I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, that is terrible! I am bad and keep my keys in my van. The van is in the garage, which is usually shut. Though there have been several mornings where we wake up and realize we forgot to shut the garage doors. I just think I am glad nobody wants an old van! DH keeps extra beer in the garage, so that is the first thing he checks on when we accidentally leave it open. :rotfl:

My DH has also left the garage door open overnight....and a few weeks ago he left his keys in the front door hanging there overnight :scared1:

DH's Citi AA Biz MSR is officially done after a $1000 payment towards my student loan this morning! Hyatt MSR is currently at $3600, but we have until August to finish that. Once we hopefully get DH CIP #2 next month, I'll do a $2500 payment to WDW, another $700 towards my student loan, and maybe split the remaining $800 balance of my loan between Hyatt and CIP.

Well yesterday was fun. My minivan was stolen sometime Monday night right out of the driveway! They broke into my husband’s car too and our best guess is that they found the spare key in his console because it’s not in its usual place in the kitchen drawer (and yes DH feels terrible about that and learned a lesson). Who steals a 10 year old minivan with 3 crumb laden car seats? We are used-car-drive-them-till-they-die people so here’s hoping they find her somewhere in decent enough shape. Buying a new car was not in the churning plan.
So strange - sorry you have to deal with all of that now!

I feel like lots of weird crappy things have been happening lately. Cars stolen, house fires... my aunt went into hospice care on Monday. Now my cousin (different family) just texted me that she hit a deer this morning head on, with her 6 month old in the car. Then the car started on fire. Totally engulfed in flames. They're okay thankfully. Just.... weird.

My DH has also left the garage door open overnight....and a few weeks ago he left his keys in the front door hanging there overnight :scared1:

Totally something I would do!
I left my car (MB, not that it matters) unlocked WITH the keys in it parked for an hour and a half in front of DD's high school which is in a rough part of town. I swear angels were watching over this airhead because it was in the same place as I left it.

About a month ago, I went into Publix and left the car running for a good 10 minutes, sigh.

Better to be lucky than smart some days!

Last edited:

I feel like lots of weird crappy things have been happening lately. Cars stolen, house fires... my aunt went into hospice care on Monday. Now my cousin (different family) just texted me that she hit a deer this morning head on, with her 6 month old in the car. Then the car started on fire. Totally engulfed in flames. They're okay thankfully. Just.... weird.

Full moon and Mercury is in retrograde... We've already had to call the deputies in for one out of control person in our office this week.:rolleyes1

This is exactly what I do. I manage all of my DH's online accounts for his Chase and Amex cards (he doesn't even know his user names and passwords, lol) so I can generate referral links when needed and can go into his accounts to check on charges, CLs, etc. Makes it so much easier, especially when I can SM from his account to try to resolve issues and avoid having him have to call. He was a good sport about it tonight though....
I don’t think my DH even know his login and passwords for all his cards. He just asks what card he should use!:rolleyes1:teeth:

Full moon and Mercury is in retrograde... We've already had to call the deputies in for one out of control person in our office this week.:rolleyes1
TestyInformalIbisbill-small.gif

Lol my DH always jokes that I could rob him blind if we ever split. In actuality, he has the logins to every account in his name and we have a joint checking and savings. He just doesn't ever check any of it :rolleyes:
We're almost the same... just I need to add DH to my Ally account... where we keep most of the savings since the interest rate is best. Oops. Better download that form today. When I opened his BoA account for the bonus, and last payday I told him my check deposited as planned, and he was like, oh so now you're finally putting money in my account :rotfl:

So most days on the Dis, I don’t go outside this thread. I’ve ventured to the cruise board and read there but don’t post much because there are a few very snarky people there. So I hang here more. But I just ventured out looking for a little more info on Flower and Garden since we’ll be there soon (4 days!) and found two very relevant current threads. The first about having a Landry’s Card and not needing an ADR for Yak&Yeti. Never been there and no ADRs available so a reported 5 minutes wait without an ADR, I’m in. Secondly a Flower and Garden thread which mentioned an app with menus and wishlists, etc. Already downloaded and off to play with it (instead of packing or sleeping as I should be.)

I was at F&G on Sunday, and will be going again tomorrow - if you're interested in anything particular, let me know and I'll be happy to hunt it down for you!!

So up until (very) recently, like as of two weeks ago, I made my living sewing costumes. It's not a cardinal sin not to pre-wash your fabric unless, as @LuckyMamaInDE said, your fabric has some weird sizing applied that you want to get rid of. Washing might soften up the fibers, which would help the circles of your ears lie smoother when you bag them out (sew inside-out and then turn). Another concern is if you're worried about colors bleeding over time or when they get wet. You should always press before you cut though! You just get a nicer result. "Make it flat n' sexy" is my motto!

How much yardage are we talking? If it's a small piece you can just soak it in some hot water with a little Dawn, swish it around until it's thoroughly soaked, rinse, roll it in a towel to soak up most of the water, and then iron it dry. That's what I do with twill or Prussian tape that needed to be washed before I work with it, but for one reason or another I can't run it through the machine.

Sidenote: I am actually teaching a "Project Runway" - style workshop this week and next to a small class of high schoolers. They are all very enthusiastic but most have zero sewing experience. I'm learning that it's surprisingly hard to slow down and break down stuff like "how to thread a needle" and "how to tie a knot" step by step!
That sounds like an awesome class! I would love to learn how to sew, that is a great skill for them to have.

An update to my SIL’s situation:

Their house caught fire a second time this morning and there is even more damage to the house. My niece’s entire bedroom is ashes. They can’t walk through the house much because it isn’t safe (two story house). They were renting the house and didn’t have rental insurance so likely won’t get any kind of compensation. I texted my MIL asking if there’s anything they need so we can go out and buy it and take it down to them. There were two dogs in the house at the time but they were able to get them out safely. The worst part is my SIL’s boyfriend just started moving his stuff in yesterday before the fire. They still don’t know what started the fire

That's terrible, and very scary that it caught fire twice?!?! Hopefully they can salvage some of their belongings.

Totally something I would do!
I left my car (MB, not that it matters) unlocked WITH the keys in it parked for an hour and a half in front of DD's high school which is in a rough part of town. I swear angels were watching over this airhead because it was in the same place as I left it.

About a month ago, I went into Publix and left the car running for a good 10 minutes, sigh.

Better to be lucky than smart some days!
This is me too (no wonder my wallet was stolen at Target). I've left the garage door open as well as the door into the house unlocked. I also went into Costco, grabbed my wallet, and left my purse in the car (filled with gift cards) and left my minivan door open. I try to make myself slow down and think but I've got way too much going on all the time.

I set up all of our accounts as well...DH has no interest in any of it...just watches to make sure his credit score doesn’t go down...lol

Same - I have a spreadsheet of all of our info tucked away in case something happens to me - otherwise the house would go into foreclosure, they'd come to take our car, CCs would get denied for groceries....

Well yesterday was fun. My minivan was stolen sometime Monday night right out of the driveway! They broke into my husband’s car too and our best guess is that they found the spare key in his console because it’s not in its usual place in the kitchen drawer (and yes DH feels terrible about that and learned a lesson). Who steals a 10 year old minivan with 3 crumb laden car seats? We are used-car-drive-them-till-they-die people so here’s hoping they find her somewhere in decent enough shape. Buying a new car was not in the churning plan.

what the heck :eek:

Oh no!!! People suck - I hope they find it soon, and without damage.

Oh my word!! I'm sorry about your aunt. I volunteered with hospice, and loved it. Met the loveliest people. And I'm glad your cousins are okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter