I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You reminded me that they have unrevealed further details about Hagrid's Motor Bike this week-

My brother sais they probably won't have the EP open when the new ride opens in June which makes me sad since we are staying at RPR in June :( And it probably won't be included with the early morning hours :( :( So I guess we will be waiting in line with "commoners."

Oh gosh...just watched the video. Remember when Tom Felton was so evil and cute in the movies? (well, to eleven-year-old me....) And now he has a receding hairline and tiny crow's feet....I feel so OLD! Anyway, the coaster looks amaaaaaaazing. So excited to go in September!

I understand not having EP for the new ride but I would be surprised if it wasn't open during the Early Park admission. Have you heard anything to the contrary? I would think they'd want to be able to advertise early access to the newest and best ride to encourage people to book onsite, especially with their new value hotels they're opening this summer. Then again, maybe I just want all the points I spend on Hard Rock to be worth it.

Oh gosh...just watched the video. Remember when Tom Felton was so evil and cute in the movies? (well, to eleven-year-old me....) And now he has a receding hairline and tiny crow's feet....I feel so OLD! Anyway, the coaster looks amaaaaaaazing. So excited to go in September!

I understand not having EP for the new ride but I would be surprised if it wasn't open during the Early Park admission. Have you heard anything to the contrary? I would think they'd want to be able to advertise early access to the newest and best ride to encourage people to book onsite, especially with their new value hotels they're opening this summer. Then again, maybe I just want all the points I spend on Hard Rock to be worth it.
Omg yes about the Tom Felton thing! I watched the video and thought he looked so old

We stayed at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine-Orange County Airport - no vouchers there.
Includes: Breakfast x3, pool & Free Airport Shuttle
Saturday, Aug 25, 2018

So Japan specifically only gives you 2 certificates per room? Even if 3 in a room?

Interesting night here....

DH's Chase application sent us on an 1.5 hour trail. There was an additional apartment number listed on his credit report. We finally got that fixed and he was approved. Yea!

Plastiq sent me an email that they issued me fee-free credits. I had made one payment for $11,000. They issued me 22,000 credits to be used in the next 90 days. That's too much even for us!

Argh, having trouble figuring out the best way to book a car rental for LA. I have a reservation through Priceline for $232 in CASH ::shudder::. That is for pickup at LAX at like midnight after our flight gets in late Monday night, and drop off in Anaheim Thursday late afternoon. I just found the same reservation through the UR portal for 18k points, and the drop off point is more convenient in Anaheim. But I can't make myself pull the trigger! I could also save some points (and maybe cash, although I haven't checked) by Ubering to the hotel after the flight and picking up a car during our first day in Hollywood. Hmm...

When do you use points vs. use cash?

Last edited:
Has anyone been successful in getting a newly approved biz card expedited to you? I sent an sm to Chase to ask if they can send my United biz card via expedited delivery. They replied that they are unable to and will send it within 10 days.

Not gonna lie- the size of this thread totally intimidates me!!

I have a SW rapid rewards card - approved in January 2019. Already spent the $4K, should be getting the bonus points and companion pass at the end of this statement period.
We haven't had credit cards in years.. so this is new to us.

Looking for one for my husband to get also. He currently has none.

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
Groceries is our biggest expense at around $1000/mo (4 kids, teenagers and athletes!), gas, car insurance, cell phone, and cable, and some various expenses - so $4000 in 3 months is doable.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
Plan to use it as a debit card for normal expenses and pay weekly.
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
Providence PVD
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport?
Yes - SW offers direct flights to MCO from here.
I already have the SW rapid rewards card- but now that I have earned the companion pass and bonus it is not the best rewards after that 1pt/$1
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much
4000ish currently, plus will have another 40,000 bonus pts at the end of this billing period with SW rapid rewards.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
I have no idea what churning means
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
Myself, my husband, and our 4 kids - we go to Disney about every 12-18 months. Also a few nights in hotels around New England for my kids sports competitions.

Churning means that you are willing to open up many cards for the sign up bonuses. Some people do 10+ a year, some are much slower and only open a few. Some people just say I only want one card, give me the best one. So which category do you think you fall under? Many cards or just one for each of you? And would you be willing to open up a business card? Many people have side businesses of renting houses, selling on eBay or Etsy, tutoring, etc etc. Or are you “thinking” about starting a business? Generally on this thread we start with recommending the Chase UR earning cards. There are 3 different Business cards and 4 different personal cards that earn URs. The one that is most often recommended is the business card, Chase Ink Preferred (CIP). It has the biggest sign up bonus of 80,000 URs so it gives a lot of bang for the buck. These URs could be cashed out for $800 or redeemed through the Chase travel portal for 1.25x or transferred directly to some hotel and airlines, such as Southwest. Does this sound like something you would be willing to open? If not, there are plenty of other cards to recommend.

I know there are a few others here in Nebraska, I hope you all are doing well with all this flooding! For those who are not it's gotten really bad. NWS had to abandon their post and shutdown the radar, servers and broadcasts (NOAA Weather Radio) and moved people to another site in Hastings. I have been listening to my scanner and its been non-stop rescue operations since yesterday via Blackhawk helicopters, airboats and LifeFlight. Last night 7 firefighters went into the water after two airboats capsized and it was over an hour before they could get Blackhawks out to their location to rescue them, three of them in street clothes. Pretty much every road heading West from Omaha is closed, and I-29 from Council Bluffs to the MO boarder is closed.

If you want to see some pictures/videos/accounts of what is happening here check out this feed: (You've been warned above as to the content) https://twitter.com/omaha_scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter