I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be the DP!
Navy Federal Flagship - 2 TSA fees and 2 TSA credits, both are AU.
rLnBBuzl.png

(yes, I watermarked my image in case it gets shared)

Idk if anyone posted this because my brain has been scattered but I got an email from universal saying if you buy 2 days you get 3 free

I saw that too on FB from a TA family friend. I don’t have access to the UR portal right now, can anyone see if the ticket deal is bookable through there?

Idk if anyone posted this because my brain has been scattered but I got an email from universal saying if you buy 2 days you get 3 free
You reminded me that they have unrevealed further details about Hagrid's Motor Bike this week-

My brother sais they probably won't have the EP open when the new ride opens in June which makes me sad since we are staying at RPR in June :( And it probably won't be included with the early morning hours :( :( So I guess we will be waiting in line with "commoners."

Did anyone else who did the BB&T bank bonus currently have your account show that the opening transfer is marked "Exception/Administrative Hold"? Both mine and DH's accounts show this. One was a standard push from Ally, the other was funded with my Hyatt card. I did $250 into each.

DH applied for Amex Bonvoy Biz last night and instant approval! Thanks all for sharing your thoughts with that. This means it's almost time to pay my taxes to go toward MSR. Blech. I celebrated by making a points advance reservation at a Marriott where a wedding we are attending this summer is being held. My aunt had volunteered to watch DD2 and DD5 overnight while DH and I attended the wedding - now the answer is yes, please!

In other news, my high utilization on my CIP from a couple weeks ago never affected my credit score. I know the thread has moved off that question but wanted to report back as promised. :)

I contacted Chase when the new designs came out to make sure I would NOT be getting a new card soon. They told me I would not get one until my current card expired. DD is currently using this card while she is away and I was worried they would issue a new one and make hers not work. So not sure if it is true, but that is what i was told. I can't even find the SM message they sent me, I must have deleted it.

Yeah, you can use the old ones until they expire. Although unlike AmEx, if you want the new design just request a new card, they have the stock ready to go. We got an employee card for the Marriot Biz and it came with the new Bonvoy branding. Even though it's a discontinued card they were ready for it.

I was getting ready to say this!! DH used to be a DoD contractor and I often recall that the government rates were higher than regular rates. May not have been by much, but I always found it odd.

It might be a case of the $600 toilet - the gov is paying who cares what or how much! Sometimes I think they set the rate and don't worry what the season is, so summer might be cheap and winter might be overpriced.

Anyway, things aren't always the least expensive when a supposed discount is applied.

Someone I know got married in Baltimore a few years back and I booked a room in the Westin where the reception was as daughter was part of the wedding party. So I was checking out the blocked room rate for the wedding, and took it upon myself to check the other rates before booking. AAA was significantly lower, like $50 lower, so I booked that.

Fast forward to Charleston (Mount Pleasant) a couple of years ago and the Homewood Suites and something else were the choices. That was the cheapest rate we could find, but the reception was not at the hotel, so it was simply a block of rooms at a certain price, but definitely the best rate. The wedding was held at the brides mother's home and it was a gorgeous location, but guests were bussed from the hotels with the room blocks.

So, check all the rates - might save you something significant.

I saw that too on FB from a TA family friend. I don’t have access to the UR portal right now, can anyone see if the ticket deal is bookable through there?
I don’t have enough URs right now but I would love to save for this if it’s on the portal

You reminded me that they have unrevealed further details about Hagrid's Motor Bike this week-

My brother sais they probably won't have the EP open when the new ride opens in June which makes me sad since we are staying at RPR in June :( And it probably won't be included with the early morning hours :( :( So I guess we will be waiting in line with "commoners."
Yeah I saw they put new details up! If I was going in June I’d just wait in line for it

33548C28-0304-4BDA-91BE-F095C0173481.png

Looks like they do through the UR portal. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: Doing the happy dance, my CSP bonus points just posted!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

The other part of me wants to ask him if we can move the $15000 in daughter's college fund for 3 months to a new bank account to sit for 3 months for the Chase bonus. :idea: Decisions, Decisions.

Enjoy your CSP points!

Check the fine print on the Chase bank bonus. There are monthly service fees (that can be waived with certain requirements) and the account needs to be open for 6 months even though the $15K only needs to be in (the savings account) for 3 months. Since the checking account has the bigger bonus and a lower account minimum to avoid service fees, you might look at opening that bonus instead? If changing direct deposits is gnarly, you could check DoC's "what counts as direct deposits" list. I deposited $10 from our credit union into DH's account and that counted as a direct deposit.

Just a PSA in case anyone has a trip planned to London in the fall. British Air has pretty "cheap" RT business fares right now that are even cheaper when coupled with the AARP discount and Chase Visa 10% off (it doesn't have to be a BA Chase Visa--I used my CSR). My husband and I were able to score RT tickets from SFO to LHR in the fall for $2320 each, which is almost my best cash price ever. The nice thing is that will automatically make me a silver (or whatever they call it) for next year, which came in handy with seat reservations and premium check in for a year. Unfortunately, I don't think you can pay for the ticket with URs or MRs as you have to go through the AARP portal. You can get even cheaper if you fly business one way and coach back. Seems to be good for flights M-W through first week of December.

Is the free breakfast only available on the Hilton business card?

Free breakfast is a benefit of Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond Elite status.

Amex Platinum and Business Platinum cards come with complimentary Gold status.
The Amex Hilton Business card comes with complimentary Gold status.
The Amex Hilton Ascend card comes with complimentary Gold status.
The Amex Hilton Aspire card comes with complimentary Diamond status.

Interesting, we have the Am Ex HH (no fee) and are Silver status and ALWAYS get free breakfast. That's why we stay at Hilton's in the first place.

I will add, when we went to TDR in 2015 it was only allowed for TWO people even if you booked a room for three people. The third person was charged for their meal so to bypass that DH & DS brought fresh fruit and yogurt back for me. That's all I need!

Another DP, last trip to Cadillac MI - dirty underwear fiasco, there too at Hampton Inn all three of us got free breakfast.

Last edited:
Just a PSA in case anyone has a trip planned to London in the fall. British Air has pretty "cheap" RT business fares right now that are even cheaper when coupled with the AARP discount and Chase Visa 10% off (it doesn't have to be a BA Chase Visa--I used my CSR). My husband and I were able to score RT tickets from SFO to LHR in the fall for $2320 each, which is almost my best cash price ever. The nice thing is that will automatically make me a silver (or whatever they call it) for next year, which came in handy with seat reservations and premium check in for a year. Unfortunately, I don't think you can pay for the ticket with URs or MRs as you have to go through the AARP portal. You can get even cheaper if you fly business one way and coach back. Seems to be good for flights M-W through first week of December.

:santa: Ho ho bloody ho! :santa: Have a great time, we did during the holiday season. “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”

Interesting, we have the Am Ex HH (no fee) and are Silver status and ALWAYS get free breakfast. That's why we stay at Hilton's in the first place.

I will add, when we went to TDR in 2015 it was only allowed for TWO people even if you booked a room for three people. The third person was charged for their meal so to bypass that DH & DS brought fresh fruit and yogurt back for me. That's all I need!

Another DP, last trip to Cadillac MI - dirty underwear fiasco, there too at Hampton Inn all three of us got free breakfast.

I was just going to ask about this...we’ll have four in our room in Tucson in a few weeks. So only two of us will get the free breakfast then.

Is the free breakfast only available on the Hilton business card?

Hilton status get you free breakfast but it varies by chain. If you stay in a Hilton, you can only get breakfast for two. In some places, we only go to breakfast every other day and then give them 4 certificates so everyone can eat. Sometimes we carry food back to the room, if we are only staying one night. Some Hilton's let 12 and under eat free, but we are way past that point now.

The best deal we have had recently was staying at the Hilton Conference Center in Gainesville, FL. We paid $95 for the night and the Executive Lounge was closed (DH is Diamond), so they allowed all 4 of us to eat breakfast at Shula's. Breakfast was more than the night's lodging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter