I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@calypso726 - I am so sorry about your Grandma. The anniversary of my grandma's death is two days from now (17 years ago) and I still miss her a lot. Gentle and peaceful thoughts to you and your family and if you're going to DL... maybe we will see you there!

@Alexle2007 and @IFlossU thank you for the info... It's funny that when I was little I flew a LOT, even as an unaccompanied minor, and now that I am FLYING to DL for the first time as an adult, I am freaking out because I don't know what I'm doing any more!

Just caught up here. It’s been an emotional roller coaster of a week for me. My grandmother passed away and the funeral was yesterday. It wasn’t a surprise and we’d been waiting for her suffering to come to an end for a very long time now. I told my family I was going to cancel our weekend trip to DLR and they all insisted that I don’t do that. So, now I’m sitting at the Centurion lounge waiting on our flight. This weekend is our 23rd wedding anniversary and we are traveling with friends. I’m looking forward to the distraction.

@SouthFayetteFan - I am sorry I didn’t realize we posted the same video. I didn’t make the Dear Theodosia/ Dear Baby Yoda connect. Continue to post. You must. Please. 😊 Congratulations on your 50k likes! You totally deserve them and more.

@tink1970 - You don’t like musicals?! *GASP!* I feel so lost and alone now.

I live in Florida in a 2100 sq 3/2 and wish we had basements. That’s like getting a bonus house!
Oh my goodness... I am the biggest jerk ever!!! I feel so bad for poking fun at that since you likely weren’t even totally able to keep up with the thread due to all you were going through 😔 😢

I’m really sorry for your loss @calypso726!!

Last edited:
Seriously?! 😒 I’ve been meaning to tell you to let me know if you saw the deal. That’s one of my fav deals for this time of year.
I know! I was all prepped to buy several and that's why I've been checking so often. I just bought one at "normal price" about two weeks ago. I'm so sad.

I think it's not uncommon for it to slow a bit as the baby gets bigger but I could be remembering wrong. The HB thing for gender is more wive's tale than scientific but it's fun to speculate. Our dd19 always was around 140 and was a girl and our ds8 was always way high but was a boy.

My mom thought I was a boy based on HB. She only picked out a boy's name - Stephen Michael - and only had a boy's going home outfit. She had to pick a girl's name on the fly and my grandma run out and buy some pink clothes.
Oh man lol. That’d be hard to think of a name last minute like that. We know someone that was told it was one gender the entire pregnancy and it came out the opposite gender. They had bought a ton of stuff they couldn’t return because it was the wrong gender

We had our 20 week ultrasound today! Everything looked good; all measurements were normal and heartbeat was 140. She put the print out in an envelope so we couldn’t see the gender. I wanna peek so bad but I won’t. The baby’s legs were all the way up by its head and she kept saying how cute it was. I was like “mhm...” lol.

How exciting! Isn't it amazing when you hear how quick those little hearts beat? Looking forward to hearing more about "baby" at the end of the year! :)

I'll be honest...I love my slow cookers (yes, I have more than one) and I use them often. Because I'm home typically earlier in the day doing school, I prep the meal and then put it in the crock pot so we have dinner even on crazy evenings. I got an IP two years ago and I've just not fallen in love with it. I want to though. Is there a website you recommend or something that is helpful? I want it to be as easy as my crock pot but it seems anything but to me. The few times I have used it, it just seems like a lot of work and I know I'm missing something.

Same here. I love my slow cooker and it was a life saver when my afternoon was spent chauffeuring DD from school to activities and then home I don't have an insta pot, though. I just don't need anything cooked super quickly and I have limited counter space/storage space anyway, but I know people who love them.

This will be random, but... any suggestions or reviews on dog grooming supplies, specifically tub/table/clippers? Thinking about a christmas gift idea for MIL. 3 large golden doodles, from 60 to 100lb. Not sure what clippers she has now, and she has this tub she got used: https://www.chewy.com/booster-bath-...2209657076&utm_content=Dog Towels Accessories
Tub is mainly used for clipping so the dogs are up off the floor, not for washing.

DHs family is full of kleptos... not really, but they definitely have an issue with forgetting that they are NOT the ones who purchased something. Dog grooming items fall into this.... mil bought clippers long ago, and her father bought this dog tub at goodwill for her. But her sister borrows both all the time slash basically keeps both all of the time and now seems convinced they were hers to begin with so it just makes it a whole big ordeal when MIL wants to clip her dogs about getting the stuff over to the house, and then getting it back RIGHT AWAY (bc really sister probably grooms hers too much). Mil has been talking about just getting newer better stuff.

This will be random, but... any suggestions or reviews on dog grooming supplies, specifically tub/table/clippers? Thinking about a christmas gift idea for MIL. 3 large golden doodles, from 60 to 100lb. Not sure what clippers she has now, and she has this tub she got used: https://www.chewy.com/booster-bath-elevated-dog-bathing/dp/145198?utm_id=272259755&msclkid=06cb772e02521f33b30e2ac7e3d63f52&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping-Product Targets-Hard Goods-NB&utm_term=4585032209657076&utm_content=Dog Towels Accessories
Tub is mainly used for clipping so the dogs are up off the floor, not for washing.

DHs family is full of kleptos... not really, but they definitely have an issue with forgetting that they are NOT the ones who purchased something. Dog grooming items fall into this.... mil bought clippers long ago, and her father bought this dog tub at goodwill for her. But her sister borrows both all the time slash basically keeps both all of the time and now seems convinced they were hers to begin with so it just makes it a whole big ordeal when MIL wants to clip her dogs about getting the stuff over to the house, and then getting it back RIGHT AWAY (bc really sister probably grooms hers too much). Mil has been talking about just getting newer better stuff.
Idk, but still have a chewy coupon if you want it!

Oh my goodness... I am the biggest jerk ever!!! I feel so bad for poking fun at that since you likely weren’t even totally able to keep up with the thread due to all you were going for 😔 😢

I’m really sorry for your loss @calypso726!!

Oh no, not at all. No worries, really. Thank you and thank you to everyone else here. I appreciate the sympathies and the anniversary well wishes.

How exciting! Isn't it amazing when you hear how quick those little hearts beat? Looking forward to hearing more about "baby" at the end of the year! :)

Same here. I love my slow cooker and it was a life saver when my afternoon was spent chauffeuring DD from school to activities and then home I don't have an insta pot, though. I just don't need anything cooked super quickly and I have limited counter space/storage space anyway, but I know people who love them.
We actually didn’t get to listen to the heartbeat today. We switched to a new doctor office and their technology is not as up to date as our other office. The old one gave us 3D and 2d pictures and we could hear the heartbeat during the ultrasound. The new place will only do 2d pictures and for some reason she only measured the heartbeat but didn’t let us listen to it. They’re a lot cheaper though and I like my doctor a lot more as well as the hospital she delivers at

PSA on Chase minimum balances: even if you have a merchant credit that covers all your statement balance so autopay says nothing is owed you owe the "minimum balance". If you fail to pay the minimum balance 3 months in a row they will shutdown your account. (I'm safe! Not trying to trigger anyone here ;) )

I haven't had much spending on my CSR lately, but I did use it as the cc on file for Disney in Sept + Nov (charged and refunded when I paid with gift cards), and a United flight I cancelled within 24 hours in Oct. With light spending on my CSR right now the result was the merchant credit on my account was greater than the statement balance the autopay was set to pay on my due date in Oct and Nov. This triggered a Chase letter one day after the 2nd month's due date that they will close my account if I don't make my next minimum payment. They explain merchant credits have prevented autopayments from being made on the account but I must always pay the minimum balance anyway. So- if merchant credits hit your account and exceed your statement balance manually schedule a payment of at least your minimum balance.

I've been traveling to Disney and then to holilday with the family so I just got this letter today- my payment is due tomorrow. I can't believe I came so close to having my CSR shutdown by Chase for something so stupid.

Well, having a basement and spending your work day hanging out down there napping in a recliner are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. There, I said it 😆
woah...WOAH... low blow my friend!!! 🤣 I am a highly successful corporate banker. I thought you and I had bonded over enjoyment of naps!!
Oh no, not at all. No worries, really. Thank you and thank you to everyone else here. I appreciate the sympathies and the anniversary well wishes.
No seriously. I am a big jerk - have you ever seen my comments on r/churning?? LOL! 😂 🤣

woah...WOAH... low blow my friend!!! 🤣 I am a highly successful corporate banker. I thought you and I had bonded over enjoyment of naps!!
Okay, okay...I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to be a low blow...You are right. You are a successful banker, no matter what your day looks like, and I respect that. We've definitely bonded over our love of naps. Speaking of which, I had an amazing one today. I woke up having no idea what time it was, what day it was, who I was...lol...good nap, indeed!

PSA on Chase minimum balances: even if you have a merchant credit that covers all your statement balance so autopay says nothing is owed you owe the "minimum balance". If you fail to pay the minimum balance 3 months in a row they will shutdown your account. (I'm safe! Not trying to trigger anyone here ;) )

I haven't had much spending on my CSR lately, but I did use it as the cc on file for Disney in Sept + Nov (charged and refunded when I paid with gift cards), and a United flight I cancelled within 24 hours in Oct. With light spending on my CSR right now the result was the merchant credit on my account was greater than the statement balance the autopay was set to pay on my due date in Oct and Nov. This triggered a Chase letter one day after the 2nd month's due date that they will close my account if I don't make my next minimum payment. They explain merchant credits have prevented autopayments from being made on the account but I must always pay the minimum balance anyway. So- if merchant credits hit your account and exceed your statement balance manually schedule a payment of at least your minimum balance.

I've been traveling to Disney and then to holilday with the family so I just got this letter today- my payment is due tomorrow. I can't believe I came so close to having my CSR shutdown by Chase for something so stupid.
WOW! This is crazy!! I have definitely let refunds zero my balance and not made payments before. I guess my statement balance was just 0? So sorry you are dealing with this, but I am happy you were able to resolve it before getting the card closed. Ridiculous that Chase didn't send an email or SM!

I am off to check my accounts!

Okay, okay...I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to be a low blow...You are right. You are a successful banker, no matter what your day looks like, and I respect that. We've definitely bonded over our love of naps. Speaking of which, I had an amazing one today. I woke up having no idea what time it was, what day it was, who I was...lol...good nap, indeed!
Oh man - that is awesome! I love when I’m in my post nap “stupor” for a good 30 minutes. Always good to have gotten such a good rest that I’m barely functional 🤣

My mom thought I was a boy based on HB. She only picked out a boy's name - Stephen Michael - and only had a boy's going home outfit. She had to pick a girl's name on the fly and my grandma run out and buy some pink clothes.
Oh man lol. That’d be hard to think of a name last minute like that. We know someone that was told it was one gender the entire pregnancy and it came out the opposite gender. They had bought a ton of stuff they couldn’t return because it was the wrong gender

This happened to one of DH's coworkers not too long before our daughter was born--they were told they were having a girl and ended up with a boy. They gave us a lot of frilly pink things and I always felt a little weird about it because they already had a boy and I just got the feeling that they had really wanted the second child to be a girl.

We had amnio for all our kids because there are two horrible genetic disorders that run in DH's family and I am the kind of person that does not like surprises at all (although I wouldn't have had it just to find out the gender).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter