I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else take advantage of the Wyndham status match to match to Caesers and then MLife? I matched IHG Platinum (status comes with the card) to Wyndham Diamond and then to Ceasers Diamond.
Then I matched Ceasers to MLife Gold.

Will be staying at the Borgata in AC in two weeks and will head down to Caesers to get my $100 dining amenity for being a Caesers Diamond member. Will report back on my results.

Yes, I did that exact path. Looked over at the hotels annex and realized I never got my Borgata report out. Here's a couple pics of the comp room -
tmp-cam-5598645987532263871.jpgtmp-cam-1604312856852658896.jpgtmp-cam-1411532391868935278.jpgtmp-cam-7668514893424839714.jpgtmp-cam-1510409102223312828.jpg
(Edit: reloaded the pics as I realized making them small gave terrible quality)

We used our express comps at Old Homestead and it was good. So much food! But it's a steakhouse so for the price at least you get a good portion. As you'd hope at a steakhouse, the steak was great.

For some reason I didn't realize there was an option for the Diamond dining in AC so we haven't used that yet. (Most reports I've seen mention Vegas so when we visited earlier this year I thought it was a Vegas property perk and didn't ask about it.)

I’m curious to see if the brunch buffet at Caesers AC is on par with the Vegas property. Probably not lol.
Ah yeah, probably set expectations :laughing:
I haven't done brunch. We did a buffet at Caesars and it was good but not spectacular. As you know AC is not a substitute for Vegas, seems to hold true for the food too mostly. But it's usually years in between our trips so things change too much for us to compare justly.

But I'd love to hear about it. We have the Borgata Amex offer and debate about heading down for a couple nights around New Year's to take advantage of the Gold and Diamond statuses.

Last edited:

I don't get it.... why would anyone choose 1 point for every 2 dollars spent. What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure it has to do with fees. The rewards points get paid for somehow. I'm guessing if your company chooses the 1 for 2 rate they'd get a better deal on their account rates. I don't know the fee structure of corporate accounts but there's usually some kind of kick back for the company annually off the upfront fees. Since these points are going into your personal rewards account and not the company account it probably changes some fee structure.

I haven't had a corporate card in a while. My last company that used it even switched from AmEx to Visa (BoA I think) the last couple years I was there. Since the websites (yes, plural :rolleyes: ) sucked for managing it there had to be a cost reason to select that provider. (I think part of the change to Visa was also acceptance - they frowned on using personal cards for a while but sometimes we didn't have a choice when people didn't want to take Amex).

its a one time token I wouldn't worry about it it seems to be one way too (deposit only) from what I've looked into. I am too overly cautious. but I'm not worried about this.. but I wasn't worried about Equifax either lol
Lol that’s encouraging :) but seriously, thanks. I didn’t realize it was one time and not stored.

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Chicago for 2020 now too. A group of friends wants to do the Motley Crue/Def Leppard tour stop there. I looked at Hilton properties there briefly last night and was disgusted by the price in cash and points!

I tried to check for flights via Avios last night and American's website wouldn't work for me.

I think I need some different hotel points for this. Maybe even, Hyatt even with the stealth deval. Need to evaluate today.

Speaking of houses, I just met the MSR for my CIP paying the permit fees for our home addition. They were $10k so I actually split it with the Amex Plat although I should have brought my Citi AA and made a dent in the 50k miles I need. I have no cards that give better than 1X on regular spend so I also think I need to plan out a card for home expenses.
We are 6 people in a a 3/2, 1600sf house. That includes the garage which has been converted to the third bedroom. The addition will reclaim the garage and we will end up with 2400sf. It feels huge! I’m really nervous about the construction, moving to my parents house, being displaced, the $$$ but my boys take so much space we just don’t fit. We looked into moving but Miami real Estate is illogical and ridiculously priced.
Glad it worked out for you using your cards for the fees. I was just talking to my DH about moving to Florida. I am sick of snow! More likely we will ending up being snowbirds and just go down for a month or two when we retire. We need to start exploring areas in Florida because we really have no idea what part we want to go to.

Oh no, not at all. No worries, really. Thank you and thank you to everyone else here. I appreciate the sympathies and the anniversary well wishes.
Please accept my sympathies too. I lost my grandmother many years ago and I still think about her and miss her very much. She lived with me my whole life growing up so she was like a mother to me.
Happy Anniversary!!

tenor.gif

So Chase again sided with Sears on my dispute. This is just nuts! They claim now that the time to dispute the charge has passed and there is nothing they can do, Sears claims that they cannot refund the charge because its too long. So both agree that I am right but wont do anything now. I filed the dispute in the time frame and did everything I was supposed to but they just kept dragging it on and responding with false information.

tenor.gif

So Chase again sided with Sears on my dispute. This is just nuts! They claim now that the time to dispute the charge has passed and there is nothing they can do, Sears claims that they cannot refund the charge because its too long. So both agree that I am right but wont do anything now. I filed the dispute in the time frame and did everything I was supposed to but they just kept dragging it on and responding with false information.
That is so frustrating! Can you try the better business bureau? Or I know some people have gone to Twitter and posted about a company. Maybe that could get them to rectify the situation.

Oh man lol. That’d be hard to think of a name last minute like that. We know someone that was told it was one gender the entire pregnancy and it came out the opposite gender. They had bought a ton of stuff they couldn’t return because it was the wrong gender

This is why I didn’t find out with any of mine. I knew someone that happened to while I was pregnant with my first. So we waited till birth. I think it’s more exciting that way. I was so sure DD2 was a boy. She was so different in every way to DD. Much more active. So my first question with her after they said it’s a girl is - are you sure? 🤣

PSA on Chase minimum balances: even if you have a merchant credit that covers all your statement balance so autopay says nothing is owed you owe the "minimum balance". If you fail to pay the minimum balance 3 months in a row they will shutdown your account. (I'm safe! Not trying to trigger anyone here ;) )

I haven't had much spending on my CSR lately, but I did use it as the cc on file for Disney in Sept + Nov (charged and refunded when I paid with gift cards), and a United flight I cancelled within 24 hours in Oct. With light spending on my CSR right now the result was the merchant credit on my account was greater than the statement balance the autopay was set to pay on my due date in Oct and Nov. This triggered a Chase letter one day after the 2nd month's due date that they will close my account if I don't make my next minimum payment. They explain merchant credits have prevented autopayments from being made on the account but I must always pay the minimum balance anyway. So- if merchant credits hit your account and exceed your statement balance manually schedule a payment of at least your minimum balance.

I've been traveling to Disney and then to holilday with the family so I just got this letter today- my payment is due tomorrow. I can't believe I came so close to having my CSR shutdown by Chase for something so stupid.

I’m so confused by this. You didn’t really owe anything because of refunds and they are wanting you to pay something??

@calypso726 - I'm so sorry for you and your family. I recall you saying that you were close with your grandma, and it sounds like she must've lived a long and interesting life. I haven't been around much so I just caught this bad news, but I see all our DISchurner friends are here supporting you through what must be a terrible time. My thoughts are with you too. Wishing you a magical anniversary at Disneyland!

Well, all I've done is submit the request to be contacted by the hotels. Hopefully it's easy and I get the nights before the 1st of the year.
I've read that some hotels have the ability to book everything online, the hotels in our area don't have that. She might start checking to see if it's possible.

We definitely benefited from being Platinum.

Good to hear. I thought we would need to book a meeting, but right now we are just 2 nights short. We planned a weekend in New Orleans right before Christmas for the 2 nights, Hilton free night, and Aspire airline credit that needed to be used. Nothing like taking a trip just to use up credits and qualify for a higher tier!

Do you know how much they roughly cost? I think she has a decent list from me now but I might add that if it’s not too expensive

I just bought a Cockpot for DH for xmas and it was roughly $35 from Best Buy for a 4quart pot.

tenor.gif

Twitter is usually really good about getting these things resolved also filing an executive complaint with Chase. It's how I got them to stop effing around with my biz accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!