I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your last show there. Our last trip to the World was when Irma was headed in. We'd had to move up our flight to get out before everything shut down. And I'd lost a MK day to taking my dd to urgent care. We didn't get in our last MK day so no CoP, CBJ or Tiki Room or several other favs. My dd and I still talk (cry...) about what all we missed due to all the circumstances. Just a very good reason to be excited to go back!

Sounds like our recent trips...nothing seems to go quite right. :sad2: I always say to myself, thank goodness we aren't once-in-a-lifetimers b/c that would be such a bummer when the trip falls apart like that.

Last week I got rid of DD's bunk beds in a fit of pique (her room was a mess and she's been sleeping in the guest room on the queen sized bed). Then I realized (whoops!) no bed=hotel for my parents for the week of graduation. Hotel during graduation (aka Memorial Day weekend)=$1300. Plus our pit bull has been super mopey since "his fort" went away. Long story drawn out...I realized I needed some sort of bed for DD for a week and DPB (dear pitbull). I don't want to leave the house since it's rainy and gross, and since DD will only need to sleep on it for a week, just went online to look for sales. JCPenny had mattress/box springs on clearance plus a coupon AND free delivery so $703 later (which is less than $1300 for a hotel!) we'll get a dog/daughter bed in a couple of weeks. Also, I remembered to use a portal (United 10x for JCP today) so 7000 united miles. I also used my Delta Amex that I'm putting everything on to meet the $25K goal for the MQD waiver/MQM/skymiles bonus. So a pretty successful shopping trip from bed in my jammies:)

ETA- also @amalone1013 if you're still eyeing something at eBags, back to 20 miles/$ on united shopping!

Last edited:
Funny, I have had the opposite experience and had approvals over the weekend and so has DH since he is approved :) (He hadn’t been when I checked at 9 pm but he was at 2 am.) so they must be keeping late hours or processing them in India.
awesome! I have had a couple on Monday mornings like clockwork, so I didn't think weekends were a thing. Congrats!!

And DH approved for Blue Business Preferred. No pop up. Hopefully bonus will post! I almost feel with Amex dance parties are not warranted quite yet until the bonus posts. Now I need to go shovel snow on this day off to get rid of the anxiety attack waiting for the pop up to come gave me.

Thank you @platamama for the idea to just get the BBP since overall it is a better keeper card. I also am a little scared about our taxes and my thought was that if it is bad we can maybe figure out how to use it to pay. (I am not patient enough like you all to figure it out myself; is one of those tasks I would just assume pay someone).

@Lain I will think about just going for the Biz Green now. Thanks as always. On referrals it is per year right? So even though I referred myself from the BGR last year to the Gold that doesn’t count for this year and the referral count?

And DH approved for Blue Business Preferred. No pop up. Hopefully bonus will post! I almost feel with Amex dance parties are not warranted quite yet until the bonus posts. Now I need to go shovel snow on this day off to get rid of the anxiety attack waiting for the pop up to come gave me.

Thank you @platamama for the idea to just get the BBP since overall it is a better keeper card. I also am a little scared about our taxes and my thought was that if it is bad we can maybe figure out how to use it to pay. (I am not patient enough like you all to figure it out myself; is one of those tasks I would just assume pay someone).

@Lain I will think about just going for the Biz Green now. Thanks as always. On referrals it is per year right? So even though I referred myself from the BGR last year to the Gold that doesn’t count for this year and the referral count?

Agreed! I was thinking that the other week while fighting the pop up. Since AmEx is still happy to approve you but not as happy to hand out the cash now, it's more a celebration of getting the bonus than getting the card now. We'll wait with bated breath during MSR and then celebrate when you get the bonus :) But congrats on no pop up at least, hopefully it's a good sign.

Right. Referral limits are per year. They reset on 1/1.

My boys who are 10yo and almost 8yo are already AU'ers and have been for two years
Which issuers? I know Amex would not let DS9 be AU on my card.

How about Citi? I could use an employee card on my CitiBiz AA card but it wants DHs SS# when I tried. That makes me wary. Maybe I could get one for DS.

here's an annoying story..... P2 CIP- hit MSR and PIF before statement pay by date-(hit MSR at least a week before date) and..... says we'll get the points on the next statement:mad: Why so slow??? Is it b/c I hit it too fast for their comfort? bleh.

Happy Monday, everyone! I came to the Budget Board to find out a specific bit of information and then found this thread...I've been lost in the abyss reading pages here for awhile, and still have not even read half of it all. Here is the requested information from most recent:

01/19 Chase Southwest Visa (to get the free Companion Pass they were offering)
11/18 Home Depot (not even sure if this matters, so please don't make fun of me!)
06/18 Chase Disney Visa
04/18 American Express Rewards
8ish years ago Bank of America Visa 3%/2%/1% Cash
21 years ago Capital One MC 1.5% Cash Rewards

I live with my boyfriend, who has 3 kids who stay with us on weekends. My son currently lives in Florida, about an hour from MCO. He has a $400 credit with SW.
My closest airport is MHT (12 minutes away), with BOS being second (45 minutes). SW flies out of both.

I use my cards for everything (but didn't know I might be able to use it for my MORTGAGE! That would be a game-changer!), and pay them off every month. I switch up which card I use for whatever goal I am trying to reach. Two years ago, I paid for four days at the Beach Club Villas with park hoppers and meals plus other things for my son and my mother for my son's graduation from college using only rewards.

This year, my goal is different: I'd like to use the heck out of the free Companion Pass that I have just earned from SW. The sign-up deal was once you spend $4000, you receive 30,000 RR points and a free Companion Pass to use until the end of 2019. I can change the name on the Pass three times to have a total of four names (or switch it back, but I am limited to that number of switches total), so I need to be strategic. My Companion and I must fly on the same flight.

I'd like to spend the summer traveling to different US cities with my son. SW usually has cheap flights to random cities, so I plan for both my son and I to meet up in one of those cities and then fly + Companion to the city of our choice. With proper planning, we could spend nearly each weekend in a different city.

I would concentrate all of my hotel rewards into the same chain (I currently have a few with HHonors, but would like the best bang for my buck here).

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or is my plan too specific for this type of thread? Also, please tell me more about how to pay my mortgage with my credit card!!

Well the upside is Disney will move your luggage to/from Swolphin and other resorts. While I tend to prefer Swolphin location, it is a bit longer to MK. We have done a split stay at Poly first (used Magical Express and got new Magic Bands) then took our luggage to desk and they took it to Dolphin while we headed to MK. When we got to Dolphin that afternoon, they sent our luggage up after we checked in.
We did 9 nights at Swolphin last spring (RIP great points value) and it was heavenly! I love staying on one spot as home base.... I'd encourage you to go for that if you can for your next trip....it's a short bus ride anywhere!

We did 9 nights at Swolphin last spring (RIP great points value) and it was heavenly! I love staying on one spot as home base.... I'd encourage you to go for that if you can for your next trip....it's a short bus ride anywhere!
Our next trip is 5 nights Swan, then 2 nights off site (no parks those days) in 33 days! I don’t think I have enough vacation for 9 nights, nor enough Marriott points. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter