• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really does stink. We have held ours but also used right away as I have kids who love to ride their favs over and over. It wasn't totally uncommon for us to RD Space, use a FP and then use rider swap all back to back 😆
Yeah - we would usually do ours immediately except for long experiences during early morning hours. Those were best saved to use later. When they first made the change, it took us 90 minutes just to get through Avatar. All we wanted to do was ride Navi, then ride FoP with FP, then ride FoP with RS. Our thought was to use the RS on FoP much later in the day. But NOOOOO we almost missed our late breakfast at Tusker because of Disney's new policy that it had to be used immediately. We can't swap anymore so I dunno if they ever changed it for the better. But at least initially that change was a slap in the face to families.

The other thing that SUPER frustrated me about it was that it basically forced a kid to do NOTHING for an hour. We wanted to pickup the rider swap and then use it later, maybe when the younger child was napping in the stroller. In areas like Avatar or Splash Mtn/BTMRR, or Test Track there is nothing nearby for the too small child to do. And they can't wander too far away because once we get off the other adult has to go on right away.

I need to stop typing about this because it MAKES ME ANGRY! So unfriendly to families with small children vs. the old policy!!

I'm doubting myself... I got the Southwest Performance Business right before the sign-up bonus dropped from 80K to 70K in Oct, planning to hit the spend in Jan as the basis for my next cp. I think the spend required was $5,000, but now I'm doubting it and have $3000 stuck in my head for some reason. I can see current offers but don't know how to verify what it was when I signed-up. Someone please reassure me that the Performance card has always been $5k, right?
It is definitely $5,000. Don't you have a spend tracker on the app or website? Typically Chase has them now for any new card bonus :) The $3k MSR is for the SW Premier Biz (which perhaps may be your next card)?? LOL!

The really frustrating part is the time restriction. As an example...now if you get a rider swap at FoP or SM or Soarin early in the AM you have to use it right away. Our old touring strategies would have been to hold on to the swap to use during the busiest time of day (i.e. between 11:30 and 3:30) and move on with our morning while lines are shorts. I specifically cite those rides because the experience length can be enormous even with a FP (or RS). It easily can eat up 25-45 minutes of your day during PRIME TIME low lines. It's terrible...they really should have stuck with the rest of the day.
We’ll mostly focus on rides the baby can ride but that still stinks. I don’t really see Dh riding anything by himself. We kind of like to ride everything together.

So, I have a question about the Amex gold dining credit. I used mine at CCF on Nov 29. The charge posted on Dec 1. Does that mean I will lose Nov's credit and it will actually use Dec?

We’ll mostly focus on rides the baby can ride but that still stinks. I don’t really see Dh riding anything by himself. We kind of like to ride everything together.
That's why I said it gets better when you have more than 1 child...Once that kiddo is big enough to ride the bigger rides, they can ride it twice. My kids loved that! Even with the restrictions, there will be some benefit once your family grows more. I am not sure my dh or I would have ever ridden just us either.

Universal’s ride selection is SOOOOO baby unfriendly BUT the one advantage they have is allowing the child to come thru the line so the family does not have to split up. That’s an advantage when they are really small...and then I assume a disadvantage when they get old enough to be upset about not riding.

My wife isn’t big on thrill rides in general so in our days of infants I would ride some things (Space, Splash, Soarin, etc) and she would just sit them out mostly. Except for BTMR since that is one she enjoys. It was somewhat awkward riding alone though. Much like you guys we mainly enjoy spending time TOGETHER at WDW so splitting up for rides a lot was not high on our agenda.

Universal’s ride selection is SOOOOO baby unfriendly BUT the one advantage they have is allowing the child to come thru the line so the family does not have to split up. That’s an advantage when they are really small...and then I assume a disadvantage when they get old enough to be upset about not riding.

My wife isn’t big on thrill rides in general so in our days of infants I would ride some things (Space, Splash, Soarin, etc) and she would just sit them out mostly. Except for BTMR since that is one she enjoys. It was somewhat awkward riding alone though. Much like you guys we mainly enjoy spending time TOGETHER at WDW so splitting up for rides a lot was not high on our agenda.
SURE... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 12.12.42 AM.png

Wait a minute...am I like...invisible now?? 🤣 🤣 🤣

See if I share any more baby yoda videos with you ungrateful DISchurners...
tenor.gif
NOOOOOOooooo..... Share, share, and share some more! Grateful I will be. Like I will. :yoda:

I break into song ALL the time! lol Probably drive people around me bonkers because I can't sing. Well, in my mind I sing awesome, but thinking in everyone else's mind, not so great. Random words will trigger songs with those lyrics to come out of me. haha I love musicals. But at least you like Grease!

We must be related. I do the exact same thing.

Ooooh I hate to burst the Rider Swap bubble...but FP+ and MDE have changed all of that. You no longer get the paper FP to come back. They load the Rider swap on your MDE account. And the real bummer is you don't get all day (or the rest of the month) to use it anymore...it's good for an hour or so after it's loaded. It's a major bummer now for those using it. It seems that people collecting tons of them and selling them probably ruined it for everybody.

You also have to bring all riders and said child not riding up to the desk and then person staying with said child scans their MB to have it loaded on their profile. Kinda stinks with older kids as they think they are going to ride but then you have to explain no we're just doing this so we can ride without you... Babies you'll be find they'll never catch on.

We were there when they were implementing the switch from 3 days to same day. Was talking to the CM as she was going though tickets to find the 3 day ones to give us since it was late in the day and the new printed ones started coming out for only use that day only. We were actually not meaning to use one but DD had to use the restroom right before the design room in TT so the CM was very nice about it and just gave us a RS ticket.

I do have to say it was abused, for example, BTMRR a group of like 8~10 people in their mid 20's ALL asked the CM at the upper FP scan point for a Ride Swap ticket and the CM handed every one of them one.

Check your Amex Offers!

Alaska Airlines - Spend $200 or more, get $40 back - Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions online at alaskaair.com by 1/31/2020.

Remember, the personal Platinum earns 5x MR and the personal Gold earns 3x MR on purchases made directly with an airline.

I’ve never used the hotels.com link but I would think it would work. I also don’t wait 90 days to erase. I try to erase right away so I don’t have to pay for the charge at all.
ohhh,that makes sense! I was wondering about the timing, since the bill would be due before 90 days. So it would have to be 'erased' before due date I'm assuming.

I’m talking 1200 sq feet. I wouldn’t want 4000 square feet. Ever. But I’d be good with 1800-2000 sq feet. We had an 1800 sq Ft house and now all that stuff is crammed into 1200 sq ft. I need a pot or pan, I might have to dig it out of the basement. And forget entertaining. DS can’t have friends over, there is no where to go.
this is interesting..... 19 years ago we bought our 1324 sf home...and never felt crowded with 4 of us living here and a steady stream of guests in and out..... my DH always wanted to add on etc but I never wanted bigger (I have to clean the place! :rotfl: ) Now that the kids are grown, it feels huge! (except when all 16 of my family come over for dinner at once:love:) And on the topic of singing, I always sing to my house that it's a "very very fine house,with 2 cats in the yard..." I have a huge yard/woods surrounding my house,which is what I wanted, small house,lots of our own space around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter