I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this talk of houses... I’ll just say that my 1,200 sq ft plus basement I finished myself is good for my family of 4. It has beds, it has bathrooms, it has a TV, it has a kitchen - what more could I need...AND I will have a mortgage paid off while still 35 yrs old 😃

Don’t compare yourself to others, decide what you require and be content when you have it. :D

It looks like my Frontier purchase isn't going to trigger my Aspire credit. (2 $44 tickets). I'm going to call and see if they will switch the carrier for me. I don't have any Lowes offers, and I had to call and get a new CIP since I threw my old card away. The offers are all off of that card now, which meant losing out on the BJ's $25. LOL. It's not my day.

In other news, I did receive a pretty decent quote for Pop Century from *** for one night of my mother-daughter trip. We arrive at 6:40, so it just makes sense to not use a free night certificate or 80,000 points for the WA and to take ME and add the dining plan for 1 night. :)

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Informed delivery does not seem to be working today... You mean I really have to wait until this evening to check my mailbox to see what is in it? RATHER I actually have to go to the mailbox, generally if ID does not say anything good I skip going out in this cold weather. :rotfl2:

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Informed delivery does not seem to be working today... You mean I really have to wait until this evening to check my mailbox to see what is in it? RATHER I actually have to go to the mailbox, generally if ID does not say anything good I skip going out in this cold weather. :rotfl2:
Blah, mines not working either!

Late to the party, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mary Poppins!!! One of my favorites. My dd and I are also huge musical people, she has performed in many and we are season ticket holders to our local Broadway season. Showtunes are a way of life around here LOL.
Dh loves Mary poppins too. He always wants to meet her at the parks. I never watched it as a kid so I’m not super into it.

I have a very first world problem. My mom keeps saying she has nothing for me to open for Christmas. I told her them buying that chair is more than enough but she insists it’s for the baby and not me. She has stuff for Dh but I can’t think of a single thing to tell her. The only idea I gave her awhile ago was body wash because she gets me that every year. I seriously can’t think of anything!

ETA: Something besides gcs. She wants me to have presents to open

Last edited:
I have a very first world problem. My mom keeps saying she has nothing for me to open for Christmas. I told her them buying that chair is more than enough but she insists it’s for the baby and not me. She has stuff for Dh but I can’t think of a single thing to tell her. The only idea I gave her awhile ago was body wash because she gets me that every year. I seriously can’t think of anything!
How about a restaurant GC or two? Some place your dh can easily run by after work and grab dinner. You will be very happy to have meals already taken care of after the baby comes.

I applied for a CIU on Monday. Still getting the 2 weeks notice. Is this a bad sign or is this normal? I don't remember having to wait so long...
I applied Tuesday and am waiting also. I think this may the longest I've had to wait as well. I know it's really not that long. I guess we just have to be patient. As long as you're getting the 2 weeks you should be good.

Dh loves Mary poppins too. He always wants to meet her at the parks. I never watched it as a kid so I’m not super into it.
On our first family trip, we were walking through our lobby at the BC and she was standing there. I totally wigged out because our camera was in the room. She waited for me to go get it. I was giddy!!!
On my first solo trip, I booked from one end of the world showcase to the other (I was the furthest possible point away) to get to England to meet her before she was done. It was 110 feels like temp, I was sweaty and out of breath, but I made it!

maybe that's why I've never wanted larger....I grew up with 7 kids/one bathroom.... 3 boys to a bedroom etc. And yes, the one tiny room was dibs for the oldest child to get alone space lol.good times. Now that I'm older I LOVE having that many bros and sis to hang with. And our small home now has 1 1/2 baths (woohoo)
How do you make 1 bathroom work for that many people? We have 11/2 but the half is in an unfinished basement and DS doesn’t like to go down there. Most mornings when I’m in the shower, DS busts in to use the bathroom. Plus, no storage. I would love my own bathroom with a shower, no tub.

he has triplets siblings but it should skip the next generation).
Triplets would have to run in your family, not his. He can’t make you ovulate 3 eggs.
All of this talk of houses... I’ll just say that my 1,200 sq ft plus basement I finished myself is good for my family of 4. It has beds, it has bathrooms, it has a TV, it has a kitchen - what more could I need...AND I will have a mortgage paid off while still 35 yrs old 😃

Don’t compare yourself to others, decide what you require and be content when you have it. :D
Not comparing to others, I just seriously dislike my small house. Yes it has a kitchen but no I can’t have DS and DH cooking with me because it’s too small. No DS can’t have a sleepover, there is no room. Unfortunately given our finances, and series of unfortunate events, we will never have our mortgage paid off before we retire. That was not the plan, but it is what it is. When we sold our last house and bought this one, the plan was fix it up and move on. Unfortunately again, not working as planned because 5 years in and the house it not worth what we have put into it thanks to fluctuating real estate prices. Fingers crossed for next year.

How about a restaurant GC or two? Some place your dh can easily run by after work and grab dinner. You will be very happy to have meals already taken care of after the baby comes.
@Haley R Along this line, maybe a meal service or other food delivery type service. I can’t speak to newborns but when DS was 1-2 years, I could not cook a meal from scratch because he was always getting into stuff or yelling for me. I did a lot of prep on the weekends (chopping veg, portioning things) and slow cooker meals in order to get dinner ready every day.

I was able to buy alllll of the Christmas presents Wed/Thurs/Fri plus the Keurig Duo Plus and the nest wifi system for us. I really hit the Target buy 2 get 1 free book sale HARD haha I think the only 2 gifts I couldn’t find on sale were a small statue for a friend (which was only $9 anyway) and a shirt for my SIL called “Dogwarts” which was too funny to pass up. Otherwise even things I didn’t expect to get on sale I managed to find somewhere. I ended up placing 16 orders I believe (2 for dog food though) in order to maximize Kohls cash, cash back, shipping requirements, and BOGO deals. Could have done it all in 1 or 2 shots at the same store but I would have spent way more money! (Also all the orders minus Keurig/kohls order and dog food were under $20!)
Curious what price/deal did you get on the Keurig Duo Plus? I'm very behind but thought about it for MIL...

Our FL house is very large -- 5 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms. For 2.25 people (dh is only here 1 maybe 2 nights a week). However I love the layout -- everyone has their own areas and the kitchen is huge. It's what I'd call semi-open in that you can see all living areas from the kitchen / family room, but there are some partial walls for separation. My den is nice and cozy and has pocket doors so I can close them when dd is studying upstairs in her loft (there is an upstairs with only 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a loft area that is partially open to the 2 story living room). The main issue with the house is the climate here is harsh and when things break it costs a fortune to either repair or replace. The other issue is we are on a cul de sac, which is great for young families, but means we have a huge backyard (great for privacy), but it's huge and so many palm trees and gardens that require constant upkeep. Then there is the pond behind that attracts all kinds of critters (think rats, snakes, massive iguanas, poisonous toads) -- it's just not for me. The one redeeming factor of the house is that I don't have to go upstairs since the master is downstairs -- I wouldn't have liked the layout when dd was young, but I really like having all the living areas on one level. I grew up with 2 siblings and 1 full bathroom (which was awful because my sister was a bathroom hog) and a half bathroom (shared a room with my sister until we were teenagers).

I'd love to move to a smaller house with the same layout. I don't like just one big open room as the "living area". I want my den and living and dining rooms with a bit of separation (dh is VERY loud and I need some quite space). I found a gorgeous townhouse that is a new build with a perfect layout (2,500 square feet), but I have become spoiled and didn't like the floor oven (love my double wall ovens) and the fridge was small (love my 48" built-in -- don't judge, we eat all fresh / organic food and I like to be able to see everything). Plus I'm not sure where we would park our vehicles with just a 2 car garage (dh loves cars). Then there is also the noise factor that worries me in a townhouse (never lived in attached home before and not sure if I would like being that close to my neighbors).

Toronto house is also too big, but I LOVE that house and will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming; it's my "home". Plus it's right in the city with the perfect sized lot and a nice vegetable garden. It's funny because I think dh would consider selling the Toronto house and moving further from the city, but I couldn't live in the suburbs -- I'm a city person.

You have problems a lot of people would like to have, meaning two beautiful homes. I agree with you that your Florida home is not right for you in your present state. I would not want to face living in a huge home alone, when your daughter goes off to school either. I would hear every crack and squeak and would probably be calling 911 (which I've done). I also would not enjoy coming home when alone. It's just not pleasant. Takes the joy right out of having a lovely home. I guess some people can get used to being alone and not give it a thought but I can't.

Years ago, my then MIL moved to Florida to West Palm Beach and then moved back to Bethesda two years later because she couldn't deal with the wildlife and she had a screened in lanai. Being alone there also didn't suit her even though one daughter was 20 minutes away, she was still by herself most nights.

Everyone has asked me when I'm moving to Florida and I used to want to go but after many visits I've realized that it's not for me full time.

That’s a good idea! I think her thing is she wants something besides gcs because she could easily give us an amazon gc. She wants me to have something to physically open. I don’t really blame her. It’s more fun to open a present than a gift card. I just can’t think of anything

Along the GC lines-I found a gc from Babies R Us (I know no longer with us... ☹ ) super helpful. So where ever you're going to buy diapers, bottles, etc (Target? Amazon?) I'd request a gc for that. That and food-so helpful when you've just had a baby

On our first family trip, we were walking through our lobby at the BC and she was standing there. I totally wigged out because our camera was in the room. She waited for me to go get it. I was giddy!!!
On my first solo trip, I booked from one end of the world showcase to the other (I was the furthest possible point away) to get to England to meet her before she was done. It was 110 feels like temp, I was sweaty and out of breath, but I made it!
Have you ever asked her to say supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious backwards? I know that’s probably not spelt right but I tried lol. Btw, she totally does it

How do you make 1 bathroom work for that many people? We have 11/2 but the half is in an unfinished basement and DS doesn’t like to go down there. Most mornings when I’m in the shower, DS busts in to use the bathroom. Plus, no storage. I would love my own bathroom with a shower, no tub.

Triplets would have to run in your family, not his. He can’t make you ovulate 3 eggs.

Not comparing to others, I just seriously dislike my small house. Yes it has a kitchen but no I can’t have DS and DH cooking with me because it’s too small. No DS can’t have a sleepover, there is no room. Unfortunately given our finances, and series of unfortunate events, we will never have our mortgage paid off before we retire. That was not the plan, but it is what it is. When we sold our last house and bought this one, the plan was fix it up and move on. Unfortunately again, not working as planned because 5 years in and the house it not worth what we have put into it thanks to fluctuating real estate prices. Fingers crossed for next year.
Well I’m adopted so we have no idea what will happen after this first one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter