I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, same old story - locked out of today's date - Oct 29 - in standard and Boardwalk view. I was able to book Oct 28 in standard when someone released it, 2nd time around. First attempt got picked up before I could get it done.

Tomorrow will be easier as I will not be as pressured because I have resolved myself to 'paying' extra and have both BCV and garden view locked in for my dates. As the days drop I will reassess and pick up standard nights as they become available. After tomorrow it will probably be waitlist for the 30 and 31st, as I'm sure the weekend is what most are aiming for. I'll have it in 2 resorts and can move my BCV days to whatever works best with the other nights, once I see whether a standard night drops from 30 and 31. I'm not only dealing with Halloween but probably Jersey week, I think.

Next year I'll have to start Oct 1, OMG, but if I get it then the stress will be minimal as I can modify and will have a room waiting. Right now I'm fighting with all for whatever is left over. All of this could be avoided by just being satisfied with a garden view or boardwalk view or BCV room. This is all about saving 29 points for a week. I guess to put a price on it, that's just under $500 with a $17 point value.

Last edited:
Today, same old story - locked out of today's date - Nov 29 - in standard and Boardwalk view. I was able to book Nov 28 in standard when someone released it, 2nd time around. First attempt got picked up before I could get it done.

Tomorrow will be easier as I will not be as pressured because I have resolved myself to 'paying' extra and have both BCV and garden view locked in for my dates. As the days drop I will reassess and pick up standard nights as they become available. After tomorrow it will probably be waitlist for the 30 and 31st, as I'm sure the weekend is what most are aiming for. I'll have it in 2 resorts and can move my BCV days to whatever works best with the other nights, once I see whether a standard night drops from 30 and 31. I'm not only dealing with Halloween but probably Jersey week, I think.

Next year I'll have to start Oct 1, OMG, but if I get it then the stress will be minimal as I can modify and will have a room waiting. Right now I'm fighting with all for whatever is left over. All of this could be avoided by just being satisfied with a garden view or boardwalk view or BCV room. This is all about saving 29 points for a week. I guess to put a price on it, that's just under $500 with a $17 point value.

We always book the SV rooms too at BWV...I look at it as those 29 points are almost 3 extra nights in a SV studio....

Last edited:
DH was working on switching to Verizon -all- day. It was an exercise in frustration. Luckily, all we had to do for Thanksgiving dinner was show up and eat, lol. He finally got it to go through, but it was past midnight EST, so no idea what's going to happen with the today only deal (why even have a deal for Thanksgiving Day only??). 🙄
I feel his pain. All I did was upgrade to a new iPhone with my existing Verizon account and it was a several hour project. I love having a new phone, but dread the process every time.

Happy Thanksgiving! And I did it! I just spent 237k URs (I already had 3k United points) on our return flight home from SYD. 8/20 was gone so we are coming home on 8/18 instead and going to SYD-IAH-ORD-BWI. We now have lie-down seats for longer and shorter flights in Econ. Although I was perplexed why there was no option for IAH-BWI on saver since I could have gone SYD-LAX-IAH-BWI. Now to start really planning since we know our dates. I am beyond excited to be making this trip happen in style thanks to CC!
:cheer2: so excited for you! And you'll be flying the SYD-IAH almost a month before us, so you can tell me all about it lol
Just googled ‘scrapple’ :scratchin Hmm, what does it taste like? Hopefully better than it looks.
I hate scrapple. I think you need to be raised with it. Dh loves it and has passed his love of it on to our kids, all 3 who don't eat much meat generally :laughing: We get ours from a local farmer. Once last year we were out of our freezer stash and substituted some commercial stuff. They all turned up their noses!
NEVER! :laughing:

We just had scrapple over the weekend :) Tried turkey scrapple (who knew?) Tasted the same to me and got a jump start on the holiday.

I'm interested in what type of broccoli casserole you do. Mom's been looking for a new side dish and I think something like that would work.
Been loving everyone's menus to get ideas! Unfortunately while she says she wants something new she has nixed a bunch of suggestions before due to various tastes. Like I see sauerkraut on @Mopedmom1 's list, and while she loves sauerkraut, there's no way she'll put it together with a turkey. Hubby had suggested a beet salad of some type, and I see various beet dishes on lists, but she doesn't like beets :upsidedow

But she likes broccoli and casseroles and we've done roasted broccoli with turkey before so I think I can make that fly. :laughing:
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday! I just do a white sauce, add some cream cheese and cheddar cheese, chopped onion and water chestnuts, and top with buttered panko. It's a dairy bomb for those in the family who can eat dairy.

Amazon has smart outlets for $4.99 but you have to add them to your cart via Alexa (if you don't have one you might be able to do via the free Alexa app). Limit one per account. Just picked one up for my parents.

Off topic question.

At work we adopt foster children for operation good cheer and purchase items from their Christmas wishlist. The child I picked is an 8 yo girl and one of the presents she's asked for is a Baby Alive with accessories. I looked around and it appears there is the basic doll you feed and she poops/pees in her diaper. They also have electronic versions that move and make sounds. I'm guessing at 8 she'd want the one that interacts? Any advice on which version or set?
I am not aware of the interactive one, but I know my 9yo (who LOVES dolls) would like both, but definitely would be into the iterative one. Not sure pricing/budget, but she might have specified interactive if that's what she wanted?

I bought tickets last weekend. The tickets were 40.00 dollars each and include a meal.
Thanks for the reminder, I want to grab these today for our March trip. We bought on BF a few years ago and my kids loved Sea World. We did the meal plan (it was discounted) for all of us and it is SO MUCH FOOD

So what are everyone's big Black Friday scores?

We're looking at Arlo Pro 2 cameras from Costco for $279 to replace our old Arlo cameras that eat through batteries like crazy.

Looking at Nintendo switch from Amazon that comes with $25 promotional credit for future purchases.

Need to buy some baby alive toys for operation good cheer child and Target may have best deals on those.

Not much else is jumping out that we need.

I ordered DH a solo stove (fire pit), they had good Black Friday sales this week and the longer I left it in my cart without checking out the more coupons they kept sending. I love that they have free shipping and returns so if he doesn't like it, back it goes. Seems to get really good reviews though and he loves to have a fire pit going.

Don't plan to step foot in a store today, we're off to cut down a Christmas tree in a bit.

I feel his pain. All I did was upgrade to a new iPhone with my existing Verizon account and it was a several hour project. I love having a new phone, but dread the process every time.
Last year my Hannukah present from DH was a new phone. Not necessarily the paying for it (money comes from teh same place) but he had to find the best deal and SET IT UP. The setting it up was 100% a gift of love! LOL

Grrr... ordered $200 worth of stuff from Lowe's today on my CIC with the 15% back offer to max out the $20 cash back. Apparently Lowe's is shipping them separately so they're showing up as two separate $99 transactions. It says the offer is one-time use only, so I guess I'm only getting 15% back on one of them >:(

I’ve been getting some great deals but perhaps my favorite is Chewy 30% off my dogs’ food PLUS stacked with my autoship discount. I placed 2 autoships so I got 4 bags for $126 when normally I pay $95 for 2!

I also got dog beds 50% off plus 10% off for ordering online and doing instore picking PLUS a $10 egiftcard for spending $60 (I got their stocking stuff too which was also all on sale).
Yea I got some good deals for my husband, kids, and family- but I definitely did the best for the dogs haha

Same here! DH insisted on them when we redid the kitchen (he's the chef, I am the baker), and I am so glad he did!
I'd love to have double ovens! We're thinking of a remodel in the next 2-3 years. I want to knock the wall between the kitchen and dining room to have more open space, though I don't know how that would affect the location of appliances and cabinetry. I'm definitely going to be getting multiple professional opinions!

I am not aware of the interactive one, but I know my 9yo (who LOVES dolls) would like both, but definitely would be into the iterative one. Not sure pricing/budget, but she might have specified interactive if that's what she wanted?

Thank you! I don't think the child has a ton of input when filling out the wishlists and things seem pretty generic. No limit although I like to try to get them everything on their list so deals are always a good thing. She didn't really have any big items like electronics so I think I'll get the interactive one, a play kitchen to go along with it (also on her list), some requested clothing, tea set, Barbie styling head, and toy microphone (assuming like karaoke). It's my favorite Christmas shopping all year knowing that it will help to make Christmas special for a kid that isn't living in the best situation at the moment. I try to pick a child near DD's age so she can help pick things out and also have her buy an item to send along as well.

No shopping yet today. I've got a gym workout at 12:30. After I get home (I walk the 2 miles), dh and I are going to head out to do some errands and take advantage of our Chase/Amex deals.

I might take advantage of some Ulta deals for things that we normally purchase but those may only be online.

We did a bunch of shopping last night. I’ll post later what we’ve bought so far. We went to target, Kohl’s, Walmart, and dick’s. I bought some things on amazon but they weren’t on sale. They were just things I needed for presents. I have a gym workout challenge at 12 and then we might go out and buy Xmas decorations to put up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter