I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right? And then I ask myself, what will that actually get me besides getting to act all fancy?

My son (mostly) made that. He had to jazz it up, so itā€™s chocolate pecan. Then it called for Kahlua so he subbed vanilla and caramel flavor. I usually try to test so I baked some of the filling in a ramekin and baked it. It is quite yummy. The other is apple, made (mostly) by my niece .

Love olives. As a kid it was always the black ones from a can, hated the green ones, we put them on our fingers to be silly. Now I love almost any but when I taste the black ones they taste like the can. Not such a fan anymore.

Oh, hope it comes out. We had crazy high winds here too.

Good goal, just donā€™t lose any ;)

I hope that food is free. Employees who work the holiday where I work, get free turkey dinner. All 3 shifts. The food is actually pretty good and they sell some for take home orders as well.

I have the free one, but the paid one is on sale. It says ā€œsavings on merchandise, dining, attractions, accommodations and moreā€ as well as access to member events. šŸ¤”

What's the sale on D23 membership? I usually pick one up when they are running a promo, but I haven't seen anything this year.

\

I think so much of this is regional, just like the words we use for things - remember that fun discussion lol!?! So, I'm from deep southeastern TX. We never had relish trays at our thanksgiving or Christmas meals (which are mostly the exact same meal...). I never even learned of a 'relish tray' until I met and married my hubs, whose family is from Ohio. They introduced me to this tray as a part of our holiday meal. My TX family does not eat olives nor pickles as part of their holiday meal but my hubs fam loves it. So, I began incorporating this into our meals.
Now, deviled eggs...very, very much a part of our TX holiday meals. There is no such thing as a thanksgiving or Christmas dinner without deviled eggs
I love how the US has so many different customs and traditions!
Mostly Brenham and College Station area, we always had the olives growing up, but never the deviled eggs. Always black olives on fingers lol DH grew up mostly in Houston area and he must have his olives and pickles.

Years of small Thanksgivings and we've pretty much got this down to very few leftovers and not a ton of time cooking, this is our first year as only 4:
Turkey slices (the pre-packed deli sliced lunch meat lol) from Costco
small ham from Costco
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry sauce (from a can)
Bread we tend to switch up, this year keeping it easy from Brazi Bites from Costco
Gluten free stuffing
Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip

We used to do pumpkin and pecan, but not enough people this year.

Thatā€™s so fun that you saw a CM who remembered you! Yeah, Iā€™m all about the costumes and those are pretty high on my list. Though it would seem theyā€™d get hot, especially for the ones standing outside handing out menus.
I think the CPā€™s typically now find out their role a week before arrival. Canā€™t imagine having to wait until you arrived!!

I love costumes. Heck I did MK tours for a year just because I loved the costume even though I hate public speaking. I think just about all of them are hot in the summer haha.

On our menu tomorrow for 7 people is:
Salad with goat cheese and walnuts
Lentil stew (also the main for my vegetarian sister)
Mashed potatoes with a crispety crunchety topping
Cornbread
Gravy
Cranberry sauce
Green beans
Cauliflower au gratin
Rosemary and thyme turkey cutlets in a white wine sauce
Sage-brined pork chops with a brown sugar glaze
Pumpkin chocolate chip cake
Brownies

I am cooking the gravy, meats, lentil dish, and mashed potatoes, all tomorrow morning. My sisters and parents are bringing the rest. I am hosting for the first time ever! DH had today off so he spent the day cleaning the house while I worked at my second job. I am trying to relax and go to sleep early so I can be up bright and early to start the brine and put the potatoes in the oven.

What time is everyone else starting their meal? I have five people who are supposed to be arriving around 1 p.m. for a late lunch, but my mom was saying they could come over midafternoon instead and visit for a few hours before an early dinner.
Oooooh pumpkin chocolate chip cake? I would love to see this recipe ā¤ I have a PCC cookie recipe I love

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
šŸ¦ƒ šŸ¦ƒ šŸ¦ƒ

I think I need to go check if MIL got olives for the relish tray today...

We are off to DHs grandparents tonight. It's still weird to me to eat late as my moms family always ate at 1pm. We will have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole... probably corn... rolls, a relish tray, a giant costco pumpkin pie and some sort of fruit pie. I feel weird that I can't do much besides help MIL with the veggie tray and Turkey. Cant make a dessert or appetizer usually in case I step on someone's toes šŸ™„ Will go pick some wine from my stash to take... maybe I should go get mine from a nebraska winery!

My kids love to put them on their fingers and eat them off lol. Yes, black olives on pizza is a must! Yes, definitely on nachos (not weird!). Sub sandwiches, yes! I will say though that my dh will add them to more than me. He would add olives to anything. I'm like that with onions. I love onions and there is hardly a food I can think of that I wouldn't add onions to...pizza, tacos, nachos, any egg dish, stir-fry, kabobs, spaghetti, gumbo, beans & rice...seriously I could add onions to everything. Thankfully, I brush my teeth a lot lol!!
I'll send DH to your house. I always tell him if he wants onions he has to cut them then lol

Any Youtube TV users? Walmart has Google Play gift cards for $72.89. Used paypal with CF. I should go back and buy more since it essentially brings a month of service down to $34.

Thank you for the info on this!

For those that have YouTube TV, what are your thoughts on ditching cable and moving to this plus a few streaming services (we have Netflix, D+, Amazon Prime currently)? Does it have DVR, can you get ABC, NBC, CBS, what about History, Discovery, HGTV?

Any Youtube TV users? Walmart has Google Play gift cards for $72.89. Used paypal with CF. I should go back and buy more since it essentially brings a month of service down to $34.
Thanks for sharing. They must be out, because I'm just seeing face value now. But now I know to be on the lookout for Google Play gift cards, thanks!

I'm over here trying to make my own Black Friday deals. LOL I am still tempted by a Cricut. I see HSN has it for the same price as all other places ($50 off). I can save 15% and then get 16% back RMN.

Original Cricut Maker price: $399.99
On sale: $349.99
15% HSN coupon: $297.48
16% RMN cash back: $249.90

About 38% off full price. I am very tempted!
I NEED IT

Thank you for the info on this!

For those that have YouTube TV, what are your thoughts on ditching cable and moving to this plus a few streaming services (we have Netflix, D+, Amazon Prime currently)? Does it have DVR, can you get ABC, NBC, CBS, what about History, Discovery, HGTV?
I love it. It's unlimited cloud storage. Can play on up to 5 devices I believe. All local channels, HGTV, History, Discovery. For us it was important to be able to watch sports, and it includes our local FSN that plays baseball and basketball games, as well as Big Ten Network for some other sports. Except sports we aren't a big TV watching family, so it is our only streaming service. They usually have a one week free trial, so if you already have a smart tv or some sort of streaming device you could always try it and see if you like it.

Off topic question.

At work we adopt foster children for operation good cheer and purchase items from their Christmas wishlist. The child I picked is an 8 yo girl and one of the presents she's asked for is a Baby Alive with accessories. I looked around and it appears there is the basic doll you feed and she poops/pees in her diaper. They also have electronic versions that move and make sounds. I'm guessing at 8 she'd want the one that interacts? Any advice on which version or set?

What do you mean; ā€œwhat about the anniversary pointsā€? You got your 6,000 points. They were offset against -80 pts that are tied to a previous return. There isnā€™t a card issuer out there who doesnā€™t place negative points on returns, Chase/Amex/Citi certainly all do it...

You may not realize this, but had you not waited like this you apparently would have closed the card with a balance of -80 pts which is a good way to get Chase upset at you. They are not able to transfer a negative points balance on to the partner account (ie SW in this example) so they basically wouldā€™ve taken that loss. This one was small enough that I donā€™t think theyā€™d have called you out for abuse but if you do that on a large enough scale they will deny future cards due to unacceptable prior relationship.

At any rate, just know that you got all 6,000 of your points. Thereā€™s nothing to be upset about there.
Thanks...sorry if I came across as upset,I'm not...just curious about how this points thing came thru... (technically this wasn't even a store return,it was an insurance company adjustment that happened automatically) but thanks for the heads up info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter