I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have to report it - just on a different form.

Form 1099-K. Payments made with a credit card or payment card and certain other types of payments, including third-party network transactions, must be reported on Form 1099-K by the payment settlement entity under section 6050W and are not subject to reporting on Form 1099-MISC. See the separate Instructions for Form 1099-K.

I promise I'm not trying to internet battle! Just trying to make sure correct information is out there! In general, I would air on the side of caution and send a 1099 if you are unsure. The form is easy to fill out and barely takes any time.
I appreciate the input. I know I can’t take internet advice without an accountant looking at my stuff. I value the input. I did see the 1099-K info. I’m vowing to do it going forward. Despite getting biz cards for my rental biz, I wish I could just dump the whole thing because it is a pain.

Always good to make sure the info is correct- no battles on this board :)

You are correct that it gets reported on a different form, but that form is the responsibility of the third party processing the payment (paypal or credit card company), not the business owner making the payment (me!). So, as long as I paid my contractor using a cc or paypal, I don't have to issue a 1099, the payment processor will be responsible for filing the related 1099k.
So how would Chase or Plastiq know what I paid the contractor for?

I've been trying all day to catch up and I'm finally at the end! Wow we are a chatty bunch! :goodvibes

sorry, i didnt get back to u in time for u to use the 14% at ebates. AO is Amex Offer.
there is a Dell Amex Offer that is spend up to $1500 get 10% back.

edit: image for reference...
D2Ad5bG.jpg

No worries. The TV he wants is still $50 more than it was a couple of weeks ago so he's not going to get it - it's the principle of the matter for him. I'm guessing it may go down this weekend and that they raised the price so they can then put it on "sale." Thanks for the info - I do appreciate it!

Took advantage of Amtrak's free companion sale yesterday and got Acela tickets to Philadelphia for a summer long weekend. Rarely do we splurge on the Acela, it really takes a sale like this. But it's a pretty nice train and fun to ride.

I'm almost 100% certain that we booked the Acela for May. That's the faster one? NY to Philadelphia. I love how things are so much closer on the East Coast. In CA, we either have to drive all day or deal with TSA and airports. Sadly no good trains from the north to the south or I'd visit DL more often. I hope you have a fun trip. I really like doing the touristy things in Philly.

So you were assigned a number and just logged in using that? how? when I try to set up an acct using that number provided I get an error,and I can't set up a new one with a new number b/c I need to use the one printed on the cc....

I think so. I think it just came with the card. It was a couple of months ago, so I don't remember exactly, but it worked right away. But I didn't have any history with Hyatt at all (DH is the one who set up our Hyatt account for all our past stays).

:rotfl:Kids are expensive so that might change, yes. I only have one and Oh! The Places I Could Have Gone (and in First Class too)!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! But it's been totally worth it. I refuse to add up what we spent on our DD - I think it would be a scary number. :rotfl:

good stuff. thanks.
rip my $200 ebates account balance.

Well, I guess it's good I didn't set one up yesterday?

That’s exactly what I want! Then it’ll be done and over with lol. Plus I think twins are cute

You think that. Until they get on different schedules and you get no sleep whatsoever in the first year or two. I have several friends who had this happen and they all said it was really, really tough. Plus then there are the ones who need their own space, but since they are in the same grade end up with the same friends and it becomes confining. I know one set in college right now - one is at WSU and one at Bama. Can't really get farther apart than those 2 colleges. :rotfl2:

Yeah talk to a bunch of twin moms. Maybe not so much. My niece and nephew are twins. 10 years old and their house is chaos. Plus they were the “second kid”and older niece is horribly jealous and frequently says she hates them both. :worried:

Yep. I was actually relived when they saw just one in there during the ultrasound.

I recently did the 70k miles for 4k spend. That offer appears to be gone now. I'd do the one @SouthFayetteFan is suggesting and request a match. That was a good offer, I kinda thought it was gone. Th

Welcome aboard :D

That was a good offer, I kinda thought it was gone. Thanks, figured I'd hop aboard!
I think the public offer right now is:
EARN UP TO 60,000American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles: 50,000 AAdvantage® miles after making $3,000 in purchases in first 3 months.And 10,000 after making a total of $10,000 in purchases in first 12 months of account opening.

The current dummy booking offer is:
Earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after
$2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, new cardmembers can also receive up to a $200 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases in the first 12 months of account opening.

I’m preferable to the dummy booking offer. You only have a $2k MSR. You can buy a $200 AA gift card and sell that for about 80% value. Then you can request a 20k match by sending a backdoor SM (Citi shutdown their SM system but you can still send one this way)...

When logged into Citi, Click “Services” then “Credit Card Services” then “Request a credit limit increase” then “Request your Card agreement”. That will bring you to the "hidden" SM screen.

Say something like: “I noticed there is a higher offer of 75k AA miles. Is it possible to match my offer to that one.” It may help to actually include a link to the higher offer. That higher offer may require a larger MSR but in practice they just give you a match (up to a max of 20k pts) without requiring any additional spend :)

There is a risk that you could be denied the match though so be aware of that...I finally got mine approved after 3 attempts.
Ok great, I'll do the dummy booking offer. I remember you trying to get that match.. at least it worked finally!

Took a spontaneous trip to the beach this week with DD and 2 grands. Not the warm beaches - we went to Ocean City and stayed at the Courtyard on the Boardwalk. We had gone to DD doctors appt and they had rescheduled her because doctor was in surgery, so I said lets go pack a few things and get out of town for the night. Within two hours we were on the road. I was looking at Hyatt Place but DD is Platinum with Marriott and wanted to stay Marriott. She booked a $61 a night rate (AAA) and we were ocean front with a $20 room credit for their pantry. Before leaving we used this to get juice, soda and other snacks. In summer this hotel is much more expensive, but we had the nice weather so this week worked. The room was clean and comfortable although the bath is pretty small in my opinion. The balcony is nice to watch the waves and seagulls - not too many people out there but there were some.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel called Captains Table and it was very good. We stayed 2 nights and had breakfast twice and dinner in the dining room the second night but room service the first night. No complaints at all. During the day we took a drive over to see the ponies on Assateague and enjoyed the 60 degree weather the last couple of days.

Minimal shopping but I dropped in to WHBM to use up the $74 remaining on my gift card. That was easy - just picked out some tops in my size and didn't even try them on. The staff there were so nice and since it was Valentines, they had cupcakes. They fixed a plate of cupcakes for all of us and after we stopped at Panera for some lunch, we had cupcakes for dessert.

I think @Alexle2007 sometimes stays here in summer. It's right next to the new Hyatt I will use this summer and 2 blocks from Holiday Inn and Suites where I usually stay. I like the HI&S for the space as it's almost double plus the balcony is huge there and they have a great kids pool area. But I certainly will stay at this Courtyard again, as it was a very pleasant stay.

I used my gift cards to pay the bill at the end and it was super easy. No hassle whatsoever. Conversely, if we had used the SPG Lux credit, that would have worked as well. The one thing the desk clerk cautioned about was that the gift cards wouldn't work using them directly in the dining room, but charging our meals to the room and then paying the bill at checkout worked fine.

So, I used gas gift cards that I got at 30% off, Marriott gift card from the Amex offer at 20% off, and WHBM gift card from Amex offers at 30% off, plus Panera gift card with 20% off from the Rose Gold card. Put another $40 on my Rose Gold in the gift shop at the National Seashore buying stuffed ponies for the girls and picked up some snacks at CVS as I had extra bucks to use up. It was an almost cash free experience, using discounted cards already collected and paid for - no bills coming!

We saw the ponies from a distance - they were off in a marsh and not blocking the road like they usually do and I saw a lot of seabirds and a beautiful great blue heron who flew off when I tried to get a picture. We didn't do any beach walking because of daughter's broken leg although she did suggest I could push her in the beach wheelchair - I declined. She also couldn't use the pool as her doctor has not okayed that, and we were right by the indoor pool area. But we did drink a ton of free lobby coffee flavored with hazelnut - for some reason this was just delicious. Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable two nights.

Anyone here with the SW Priority card able to help a girl out? I can't seem to find the info in the T&C's or by Google.
  1. If I buy EB will that qualify for reimbursement under the $75 annual travel credit?
  2. How about the $5.60 taxes?
  3. How do I go about using the Upgraded Boarding Passes? Is there a "coupon" I use or is it attached to my SW RR account somewhere?

Got our new fridge delivered and one of the doors has a warped seal. Of course I see this after the delivery guys left. Called and they can’t just replace the door so the only option is to go through the delivery process again with a whole new fridge. Not looking forward to waiting at home for another “4hr delivery window” that turns out to be 8, removing all the food from the fridge, then setting it all back up again and cleaning the dirt off the floor left by the delivery guys.

On a brighter note, this made me look up the fridge and saw the price had dropped by $200. The original purchase helped me exceed MSR on one of my cards by $400. So got it priced matched and $200+tax went back to the card without affecting MSR. Yay.

Anyone here with the SW Priority card able to help a girl out? I can't seem to find the info in the T&C's or by Google.
  1. If I buy EB will that qualify for reimbursement under the $75 annual travel credit?
  3. How do I go about using the Upgraded Boarding Passes? Is there a "coupon" I use or is it attached to my SW RR account somewhere?

Hi...I’ve got the Priority card too....the EB definitely counted towards the $75 travel credit...5.60..I think did but not 100% sure....the upgraded boarding you buy if it’s available when you get to the gate...you use your card to pay and then it’s credited back on the card

I haven't directly done anything but No. 2 - the $5.60 taxes will be covered by your $75 travel credit...and you earn 2xRR on them!

I would assume EBCI would be covered, and I think what I read about upgraded boarding passes is what @palhockeymomof2 said, you see if they're available when you get to the gate.

Yeah talk to a bunch of twin moms. Maybe not so much. My niece and nephew are twins. 10 years old and their house is chaos. Plus they were the “second kid”and older niece is horribly jealous and frequently says she hates them both. :worried:
I babysat for twins and they younger brother was kind of the same. He always felt left out because the twins didn’t want him playing with them and they always yelled at him.

I think it depends on your job/industry/etc.

I’ll be completely honest...in my line of work, if I didn’t get at least a 3% raise I’d be finding a new job within a week. I don’t want to be insensitive to others in a different situation but people in commercial banking are regularly moving from bank to bank for 10-15% more. It’s like I’m already moving backwards by being loyal (but my work/life situation can’t be beat so I’m not really looking to make a move unless they give me a reason to).
That is very similar in my field (Pharmceutical) as well, the raise and the “loyalty”. I guess is hard to find qualified people to fill the positions as well so we the employees have more leverage.

That is very similar in my field (Pharmceutical) as well, the raise and the “loyalty”. I guess is hard to find qualified people to fill the positions as well so we the employees have more leverage.
Dh is a software engineer so he’s needed in a lot of places. I think that’s why he gets paid what he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter