• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the email about this. How hard is it to get a ticket to one? Do you have to be booked on points or can you just have an onsite stay? I'll be there Jan 21 to take my dd down to the DCP. Would be fun to attend this! We were there in Aug when they had one going on but we never could get a reservation since we were so new to dvc.

it’s very YMMV....you can try to get tickets with any onsite stay during the first sign up...and anyone can try during the second...
I have been lucky the last 3 years with getting tickets for one of them

My CIP should be arriving any day now and I plan to buy $5000 worth of Disney gift cards to knock out the MSR in one go. I'm thinking I'll buy at BJs for the 4% discount. (Then pay the balance with URs I already have.) Does this seem like a good plan or is there another way I should buy the gift cards using my CIP? Thanks!!

I received my kids' AU gold cards yesterday. The plastic gold card is so ugly compared to my metal rose gold card. I'm going to cry when I cancel it (assuming they don't offer me anything to keep it open). Annual fee should post any day.

:offtopic: DVC moonlight magic 2020 dates have been announced....

Figures. I had CVV booked jan 18-22, and recently cancelled the last night due to PTO availability. Had I known, I'd have requested an unpaid day. Those dates just happened to be open after the 7 month mark and I had points expiring from a newly bought contact, so I grabbed them. Haven't bought flights yet but I know there's no chance now I can pick up that night. Maybe we can move to a value for that last night.

Anybody know if checking out on Jan 21 will allow me to book during the first registration? Hmm and I'm booked on points from a non-qualified contract, but I also own a qualified contract. So not sure how that works either.

Okay I think we’ll plan on getting there at 12:30 or a little before just so we’re there and maybe they’ll let us get on a little early. I really hope we can get a palo brunch but if not we’ll keep the dinner. Do you know how late you can cancel the reservation? Is it like wdw where it’s just the day before?

Official policy is 24 hours. Not too sure how strict they are. I'd imagine if you asked to cancel dinner due to getting the brunch, they would let you.

We toured several colleges in NY this summer. He’s visiting schools in CT, Ohio and Nashville, Tennessee with his Dad. Then, I have a trip planned with him over Veteran’s Day to Middletown & Mystic, CT; Providence, RI (hoping to visit Newport and the Bellevue Mansions); Williamstown & Boston, MA; Lewistown, Maine and NH. Then, in early December, we are staying at the Inn at Penn for a few visits in Philadelphia. I admit it’s a little over the top, but he’s worked hard and I’m beyond excited for him. DH thinks I’m crazy for so many visits, but I love to travel and know that I will never have this time with him again. I have points I could use for our trip, but I’m saving them for a spring break vacation for the family.
Enjoy your travels! Such an exciting time. Did something similar with my youngest, from Maine to California and points in between. Of course she chose CA which is the farthest from home, and stayed there after graduation.

I got the email about this. How hard is it to get a ticket to one? Do you have to be booked on points or can you just have an onsite stay? I'll be there Jan 21 to take my dd down to the DCP. Would be fun to attend this! We were there in Aug when they had one going on but we never could get a reservation since we were so new to dvc.

If you have a room booked for that night and try right away when they open it up, you will usually be successful. None of the dates match for me. I briefly thought about going in January but only found one resort with that night available in a one bedroom. I've done one at Magic Kingdom and it was okay.

@elgerber
I’m curious about the HawaiianMiles myself. I’m considering getting the Hawaii Biz in the future. My Barclay AA miles posted within a week of statement closing. My husband’s AA statement closed last week and still no miles. Anxiously waiting over here. I would be grateful if you let me know when you’re HawaiianMiles show up.

Lol I’m really not too worried. I guess if they’re horrible we just won’t talk to them. I want the whole experience: eating with other people and talking with them. Hopefully we just get good ones lol
We had nothing but awesome table mates! DCL did a great job of pairing us with other families that had boys around DS’s age which made his experience even better. I am FB friends with both of the moms. One cruise we were seated by ourselves and we missed having others to talk to.

Figures. I had CVV booked jan 18-22, and recently cancelled the last night due to PTO availability. Had I known, I'd have requested an unpaid day. Those dates just happened to be open after the 7 month mark and I had points expiring from a newly bought contact, so I grabbed them. Haven't bought flights yet but I know there's no chance now I can pick up that night. Maybe we can move to a value for that last night.

Anybody know if checking out on Jan 21 will allow me to book during the first registration? Hmm and I'm booked on points from a non-qualified contract, but I also own a qualified contract. So not sure how that works either.

As far as I know you just have to have your blue membership card. There was only one resort with Jan 21 open a few minutes ago. SSR had a one bedroom for 26 points. How many in your party? They used to allow 6 and I think you can get it with the checkout date but not sure.

We had nothing but awesome table mates! DCL did a great job of pairing us with other families that had boys around DS’s age which made his experience even better. I am FB friends with both of the moms. One cruise we were seated by ourselves and we missed having others to talk to.
I feel like we would get really lonely always being by ourselves. I’m that person that tries to make conversation in line for rides so I’ll have no problems talking at dinner.

As far as I know you just have to have your blue membership card. There was only one resort with Jan 21 open a few minutes ago. SSR had a one bedroom for 26 points. How many in your party? They used to allow 6 and I think you can get it with the checkout date but not sure.

Thanks I saw that 1-bedroom but if we have to move anyway, I'd rather spend the $100 at ASMo which I just booked, just in case. We're a party of 2. It came to just under $100 including taxes with AP discount. I also put in waitlists for the night at both CCV studios, but I know that's not happening. And I need to bank my remaining points by Oct 31 (march UY). I set them up to borrow if necessary, but I'll probably cancel the waitlists once I bank the points.

I also need to hope my boss will allow the day unpaid, especially since I'm already doing 2 unpaid in April and 2 more unpaid in August. Guess we'll see what happens if I can even get in when registration opens, since that'll be during work hours and I share an office with her. If she's in the office, I won't be able to register anyway. Lots of obstacles, time will tell.

My CIP should be arriving any day now and I plan to buy $5000 worth of Disney gift cards to knock out the MSR in one go. I'm thinking I'll buy at BJs for the 4% discount. (Then pay the balance with URs I already have.) Does this seem like a good plan or is there another way I should buy the gift cards using my CIP? Thanks!!

When I first came back to the disboards a little over a month ago, and waltzed on over the budget boards, I thought that saving 5% on Disney GCs was the best that I could do. Wow, did I learn I was wrong!

I've now acquired enough GCs for our trip (which is less than $5k, but more than $1k) using a variety of means that have saved 10-15+% on the cards, but that has only been through using a variety of payment methods and special deals, and has been somewhat time consuming (though I have enjoyed it, so that doesn't bother me). If your priority is knocking out the MSR right away, then that is probably worth it. If you'll make the MSR some other way, and your priority is to save money at Disney, then probably not. Just my opinion.

What are the fees like with Instacart? I think my Costco participates but I have the Amex offer so that is a no-go there. I need to look at who else I can use it with.
I think it showed $3.99 for a one time delivery or then another one for $9.99 that seemed to allow multiple deliveries. I didn't read too carefully since I was just putting in my address to see if it even worked for me.

Yep, sometimes they will send you promos for free delivery over $35. Otherwise I've seen $3.99-5.99 for delivery fees, or you can pay $9.99/month or $99/year for Instacart Express and get free delivery.

I have a question about trying to get a Palo brunch on embarkation day. I know we can go line up to try to make a reservation that day, but what if our boarding time is late? Our time isn't until 3:45 pm if I'm understanding it correctly. I looked at a previous navigator and it said they started taking reservations at 12 pm. Am I looking at this wrong?
They always had openings when I tried after embarking since we always book last minute. Also, after the first rush of people boarding, they call the numbers really quickly so you'll probably get on the ship earlier. As long as you inquire before the ship suspends all activities for the muster drill, you should be good. have fun!!

And my SW Performance Biz App is *still* at 30 days on the status line, a full week later. I don't even care that much about getting the card. I'm just super annoyed that my app is in some kind of limbo. Guess if it's still at 30 days by the end of the week, I'll punch through again and talk to another human....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter