I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a first world problem from the hypocrite who told @wendow it's nobody's business how you spend your own money... 😉

How do you not feel pretentious travelling well/often?

My family does not do as well financially as DH and I to begin with (life choices in most cases), so even an annual Disney trip seems excessive to them. I am looking at 9 days Hawaii, 2+ weeks WA State/Alaska and a week at Disney next year. Those are 3 bucket list trips for most people. I'm maximizing discounts and points to make it happen, but I'm still embarrassed to tell friends (let alone family!) we are looking at WA/AK next summer. It feels pretentious to talk about it, and I never want to be "that person".

this maybe a mistake but I have told my family about this hobby. A lot of family members just got cards to get flights for our wedding. My FMIL took one vacation with her husband for the first time a few years ago. It was the first time she flew etc. anyway she is a light churner now. Has 60,000 SW points 200,000 URs and 100,000 MRs. She is planning another vacation now for her anniversary. I’m happy she is getting to travel more.

I appreciate everyone's comments on my stuff... I buy most patterns off Etsy though. The only one's I've created are the wedding paper goods (and those were such a PITA anyone that bought the file would hate me), the save the dinos shirt, and the Happily Ever After shirt (not exactly hard). Otherwise could be a fun side hustle!

That makes sense that Bluetooth is the difference with the air. I would probably use it mostly for vinyl and maybe even fabric. I will have to see if I would actually use the features of the Maker vs the Explore Air 2. My fear is I get one, I love it, and then I want to upgrade right away HAHAHA

I did see the Easy Press, I will continue researching what may work best/is the best value. I also don’t have a TON of space, so that may be best for me as a DIY’er LOL

Those shirts are seriously amazing and professional looking! I also love the cruise ship decorations and made some Disney stuff by hand like that with a stencil. Cricut would have saved so much time!!

Your wedding flowers, invitations, and save the dates are amazing! I really hope you are selling some of the things you make!!!
I think the paper flowers could be fun to make to sell.. definitely would need a maker though lol. But no time :sad: I buy a lot of patterns off Etsy for shirts. I could have probably done the cruise ones but was short on time and it was only a few dollars to get all of those.

this maybe a mistake but I have told my family about this hobby. A lot of family members just got cards to get flights for our wedding. My FMIL took one vacation with her husband for the first time a few years ago. It was the first time she flew etc. anyway she is a light churner now. Has 60,000 SW points 200,000 URs and 100,000 MRs. She is planning another vacation now for her anniversary. I’m happy she is getting to travel more.
That's awesome that you helped make travel possible for them!

I do talk about booking with points, and I've gotten my BIL churning a bit and helped a few friends pick a card or two. It just seems excessive, even though we have no consumer or student debt, and can totally afford our plans.

Maybe I'm just freaking out about booking the AK cruise (I always do for big expenses)... DH is totally unphased, but he grew up more comfortably than I did. And I manage our money while he says "we can always make more", LOL

I want my 15% off supermarkets, dammit! And I want it on my Rose Gold card now, Amex!
Same. I have had that Shoprite offer it seems forever and I've never even been in a Shoprite, is there even one in this state?

I just checked for the second time today and my Rose Gold has $5 off $25 Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I was doing it more for them. We have AP's so we can go in whenever we want. They are only wanting two park days. I thought they could go for Epcot on the day that my dd performs and then for the party. But yeah, they could get an extra 2 hours if they go in at 2pm with us. But we risk the 'secret' coming out...

I am behind and haven't read all the posts yet. But could you fib and say because you are Renting DVC Points - they let you in early also... maybe you could get away with that. They would have no idea.

I do the same...canceling cards that I don’t get value out of after a year...but I do so via Chase secure message...
for my SW cards...I cancel after the yearly bonus points hit my RR account

Oooh - thanks for the secure message tip. I HATE talking to people on the phone! For non-SW Chase cards, do you cancel as soon as you get the bill that includes the AF for the next year? Or before then?

Whew... I was really getting nervous for a second. I really don't want to have to call recon again. The agent on the last call mentioned me calling previously about receiving the paperwork. I guess I'll wait till Friday.

Thanks a bunch.

Update: Called the automated line this morning and it went from 7-10 business days to 2 weeks. Called recon, got put on hold for a couple minutes and it got approved! They finally received my proof of address from the branch.

Oooh - thanks for the secure message tip. I HATE talking to people on the phone! For non-SW Chase cards, do you cancel as soon as you get the bill that includes the AF for the next year? Or before then?

You can cancel as soon as your card hits 1 year from card opening/approval, but there’s generally no harm with Chase in waiting until the AF is billed to cancel, since with Chase you have 30 days from when the AF posts to your statement to close your card for a full refund of the AF.

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but here goes...what does it mean to show a horse?

There was a lounge at Test Track (or World of Motion) sponsored by Ford or whoever was the sponsor for employees of that company. I’m pretty sure that closed. There might have been a Kodak one at Imagination too but don’t quote me in that.

I would ask her for a refund before disputing but yes, I would eventually dispute.

We need to provide organic mosquito repellant for my sons nature - inspired school. I sent those for him and he doesn’t come home with bites even though their school is a damp jungle and they hang out outside a lot.

Those are so cute. If you want to do an easy side hustle and you created those patterns, you can just sell the patterns as a download. No inventory storage, no upfront costs.
I think our spray is Off woods or something with deet. I just wasn’t sure if the spray would be enough

uhhh and midway mania!!

Liberty tree tavern, be our guest, the plaza, Pesco bills, and jungle skipper.

You know me so well!
TSM is probably my all time favorite ride (eclusing roller coasters) in all of WDW. I could just sit on it all day and beat my score. I even have the Wii game LOL

I agree LTT, BoG, and the Plaza are good. I still have to try Skipper Canteen!

HAHAHA I am so glad I pegged you as a Tony's lover. It just makes sense. Who WOULDN'T be one?!

Swalphin peeps I need help- looking at 2 nights next year but Marriott wants pre-payment of the whole thing, on a normal cancelable rate. Does that mean I can’t put it on a different cc when I actually arrive? Or pay with gift cards when I arrive?

amcc said:
Those are so cute. If you want to do an easy side hustle and you created those patterns, you can just sell the patterns as a download. No inventory storage, no upfront costs.
Hmmm this is another great idea!

the only other type of card I have cancelled is a Citi card via chat before the AF hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter