I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. HS
2. MK
3. AK
4. Epcot

food ranking
1. Epcot
2. MK
3. AK
4. HS
HS is really close to #1 for me but MK has a slight edge. I love the rides at HS though. ToT, RnRC, and SDD are some of my favorite rides at wdw

Ok, I was going to share my number 1 park ranking and thought I would get some flack... but DHS is my absolute favorite! I love the size, the flow, the music, the theme, the shops, and the rides!!! The food options just makes me sad and I don't think Toy Story TS will fix it LOL I also agree Epcot is #1 for food in the parks!! This is why Epcot resorts are so important 🤣

Park Order:
1. AK
2. MK
3. HS
4. Epcot

Food Order:
1. AK
2. Epcot
3. MK
4. HS

Sad part is that while I love AK the most, we get the most value out of a MK day (so many rides, easy to get 4+ fastpasses), and since our trips lately have been short (and monorail-centric), we've actually skipped AK the last few times.

I have a Cricut. I have only used it for making shirts for Disney once. I believe mine is a Maker. The software took me a bit to figure out, but overall I was happy with it. I keep thinking I should get it out and use it for other things (possible side hustle) but I just haven't.
It looks like it could be a lot of fun to make custom things and wear them around!

I have a regular vinyl cutter in my classroom (I think it was like $900). For shirts I've heard you really want to invest in a heat press. I got one off amazon rather cheap (again in my classroom). USCutter is where I get all my stuff, so maybe check them out ;)
Thank you, I saw Cricut had an "Easy Press" so I guess that is the DIY version? LOL I will look into USCutter!!

ETA: Argh trying to fix... Fixed!

I was curious what other responses you might get so I got caught up before answering. :D I have the original Explore with a Bluetooth adapter so I don't have to use the cord (that was what Air meant in the newer ones, just that Bluetooth was built in). It's great and I use it for papercraft, scrapbooking, shirts. I've done a couple vinyl projects like making decals for everyone's cups for our cruise this past summer. I highly recommend a heat press for shirts, it's a huge difference over an iron. I went with Cricut's original when I got a deal right after the 2nd version came out. I wouldn't necessarily be stuck on Cricut's, I think other brands may work too but Cricut was good for me currently because I am low on space.

I want a Maker really badly, but haven't pulled the trigger on paying for one. It can also do more fabrics, craft wood, craft leather, crepe paper... I would read up a bit on the other materials it can do. Are they features you would use? If you're looking mainly at vinyl/shirts, an Explore Air 2 may work just fine for you. For me, a Maker would have saved me time on my wedding crafts - especially my paper flower bouquets :) I could have cut ALL of the flower pieces with a Maker vs maybe 1/3 of them with my Explore.

ETA: Argh trying to fix... Fixed!!

@PolyRob

More Cricut Projects!

View attachment 444678

View attachment 444680

View attachment 444681

The invitations were pocketfolds I made with it, plus the Save the Dates and the one on the left was a gift card holder - we gave everyone who came a Disney GC as a favor.

View attachment 444682

View attachment 444684

THANK YOU!

That makes sense that Bluetooth is the difference with the air. I would probably use it mostly for vinyl and maybe even fabric. I will have to see if I would actually use the features of the Maker vs the Explore Air 2. My fear is I get one, I love it, and then I want to upgrade right away HAHAHA

I did see the Easy Press, I will continue researching what may work best/is the best value. I also don’t have a TON of space, so that may be best for me as a DIY’er LOL

Those shirts are seriously amazing and professional looking! I also love the cruise ship decorations and made some Disney stuff by hand like that with a stencil. Cricut would have saved so much time!!

Your wedding flowers, invitations, and save the dates are amazing! I really hope you are selling some of the things you make!!!

No Cricut but I run Lasers, 3D printer and CNC machines. DW had the original Cricut but now uses a Silhouette. I run a Glowforge Laser, CNC machine, as well as 3D printers and all sorts of stuff. Turning DD in to a maker, we're working on robot arms right now actually! She has a five day weekend so I printed up a bunch of parts and we're going to try to make a gripper arm this weekend. Made this on the laser for DW, its out of acrylic and is about 11" tall.

View attachment 444693
Have him check out Inventables, a small company out of Chicago that has hobby CNC machines at a really decent price! I have the 1000x1000 model but have done a lot of upgrades to it. I have to admit once I got the Glowforge Laser I don't use the CNC as much. Its just so easy to toss a board it and go. Here is something I made DD's teacher... Solid walnut, OMG it smelled SOOO good!

View attachment 444697
WOW, this is incredible!! Thank you!! I will look into the Glowforge Laser. Would it also do simple cuts in addition to these more advanced projects? This looks so professional. I would love to be able to make things like this!! I may have to work my skills up to this point Your DD's teacher must've love this!!

@PolyRob no idea about crickets but when you are looking for deals make sure and check qvc and hsn. They may have similar pricing but include more extras than joanns, michaels etc. Also watch the coupons, every great onve in awhile they'll let you use them on cricut stuff. And my joanns has often had vinyl on clearance.
Thank you! I did see a bundle on HSN in my early searches. I will keep an eye out for what the best combo may be. There are so many accessories and tools that I was unsure of what I may need just starting out.

Last edited:
Nice benefit! I read it to mean they will reimburse WiFi (or erase the charge or whatever) 365 times. Which means that even if I'm not flying w. DH (who has the card) I should be able to get free Wifi, as long as I pay for it on his SW card :)

Thats how I read it too, but was not sure if that was the case. We'll have at least three devices on each trip so hoping that we can use it on all our devices for the limited amount of trips we do.

I'm SURE this has been covered before, but can we talk card cancellations?

I'm relatively new to the credit card game, and am trying to figure out the best strategy on dealing with credit cards long term ("long term" meaning "once the next AF hits"). When/how do you usually cancel the cards that you don't want to keep?

I got two SW personal cards and one SW biz card 2 years ago. After the AF for each of them hit my statement, I called to cancel them, and got the AF refunded. Is that generally the way to go? All of my cards are Chase cards, so I don't want to risk angering them by closing too many accounts.

For reference, I closed the 3 SW accounts over the course of January-March 2019. I've got a CIP I'll want to close Feb. 2020, a CIP I'll want to close July 2020, and a SW performance business card I'll want to close Oct. 2020. In the midst of all of this, I plan to apply for either a SW personal card in Jan 2020 OR a SW Premier business card in Feb 2020. Then I want to apply for a CSR 3 months later, so Spring 2020.

Would love any thoughts/suggestions from the pros.

I do the same...canceling cards that I don’t get value out of after a year...but I do so via Chase secure message...
for my SW cards...I cancel after the yearly bonus points hit my RR account

Guys, guys, guys!! Delta emailed a limited time offer to grab their new “Skymiles Select” 1 year bundle for only $59 instead of $100! Decisions, decisions... What’s included you ask? Main cabin group 1 boarding (yes, the one I already get with the cc), 8 drink vouchers (gonna get LIT on the 2 Delta trips I take a year) and a limited edition red luggage tag that says SELECT (because the world needs to know I AM ABOVE THE RIFF-RAFF, I. AM. SELECT.). ...as y’all can tell I am jumping on this offer right now!!!

* /s Please don’t buy this, there are better ways.
A RED LUGGAGE TAGGGGG????? Can't pass that up!
I don't even fly Delta AND I NEED IT JK JK
tenor (1).gif

WOW, this is incredible!! Thank you!! I will look into the Glowforge Laser. Would it also do simple cuts in addition to these more advanced projects.
This looks so professional. I would love to be able to make things like this!! I may have to work my skills up to this point Your DD's teacher must've love this!!

Yeah, It takes SVG's or PDF's images, you can set each color to cut, engrave or score. Its a very simple user interface. They have referral codes to save up to $500 that you can ask anyone that owns one for. ;-) I have done simple things like cutting 100 small pumpkins for DD's class on Halloween since they cannot take treats. I also cut all sorts of things for her teacher, she used to buy little wood things from Amazon for ridiculous amounts so now I just cut them on cheap 1/8" MDF, the stuff is like $8 for a 4'x8' sheet that I can cut down to 16 machine sized boards. The kids LOVE to color them with water colors.

Could the other lounge that closed be the Food & Wine Chase lounge for Disney Visa cardmembers? I know it is not DVC, but it was an Epcot lounge that closed not that long ago.
Ooh that could be what I’m thinking of. I knew of that too and thought their was a dvc that closed but I’m clearly wrong in my thinking!

Yeah, It takes SVG's or PDF's images, you can set each color to cut, engrave or score. Its a very simple user interface. They have referral codes to save up to $500 that you can ask anyone that owns one for. ;-) I have done simple things like cutting 100 small pumpkins for DD's class on Halloween since they cannot take treats. I also cut all sorts of things for her teacher, she used to buy little wood things from Amazon for ridiculous amounts so now I just cut them on cheap 1/8" MDF, the stuff is like $8 for a 4'x8' sheet that I can cut down to 16 machine sized boards. The kids LOVE to color them with water colors.
Very nice! I do make a lot of my own files in Illustrator so that may even provide more flexibility! I will let you know if I am looking for a referral HAHA 😉 MDF also sounds fun and reminds me of Trading Spaces 🤣

HS is really close to #1 for me but MK has a slight edge. I love the rides at HS though. ToT, RnRC, and SDD are some of my favorite rides at wdw

uhhh and midway mania!!

Genuinely curious about the food ranking...you have MK before AK. AK has Tiffins and Yak and Yeti...what do you prefer at MK? I'm always on the lookout for good food options!
Liberty tree tavern, be our guest, the plaza, Pesco bills, and jungle skipper.

@speedyfishy 's all time favorite must be Tony's. Lunch and dinner. All day, everyday!
You know me so well!

Here's a first world problem from the hypocrite who told @wendow it's nobody's business how you spend your own money... 😉

How do you not feel pretentious travelling well/often?

My family does not do as well financially as DH and I to begin with (life choices in most cases), so even an annual Disney trip seems excessive to them. I am looking at 9 days Hawaii, 2+ weeks WA State/Alaska and a week at Disney next year. Those are 3 bucket list trips for most people. I'm maximizing discounts and points to make it happen, but I'm still embarrassed to tell friends (let alone family!) we are looking at WA/AK next summer. It feels pretentious to talk about it, and I never want to be "that person".

:offtopic:

It has been a weird two days, guys. Well, really just yesterday but I’ve still had a lot of anxiety today lol. Our biggest horse show of the year is currently going on in Columbus, OH. The show lasts almost the entire month of October. I have been arguing with our horse show association all year that DH was qualified to show in a certain class there with his horse and they kept telling me he wasn’t. After many frustrating conversations over the summer, we finally gave up and decided we weren’t going to the show there this month since he couldn’t show in that class. Entries for the show were due August 25.

Yesterday morning, more than 60 days since the last time I discussed this issue with anyone, our association called me with the “great news!” that DH was qualified for that class all along. I burst into tears and let them know they had ruined our horse show plans for the month as a result of their ineptitude and that we hadn’t signed up for the show and the class DH would’ve shown in was this upcoming Sunday. I hung up and called my horse trainer, who’s already in Ohio helping other clients, and cried to him. He talked to me for a few and then told me he’d call me back in an hour. He called me later and said that he could have somebody pick our horse up from his farm in NC and haul it to Ohio for us immediately if I could give him an answer right then about if we wanted to make the trip up there to show and just pay the late fees to register for the class. I frantically texted DH about it to make sure he could get off work and told him I’d pay whatever it costs, I just wanted him to show.

So, after a roller coaster of emotions and probably freaking our trainer out by me calling him crying (I don’t cry, y’all), my husband now gets to show his horse against 100 other exhibitors this coming Sunday night! I’m eating $300 in late fees, which I will be contacting our association about later to let them know they can make the check out to me for that reimbursement, and I don’t even know how much I paid to have DH’s horse hauled to Ohio, but I don’t care. I’m really excited for him to show and think he may do really well! Fortunately, we had already planned to go to Ohio this weekend just to watch the horse show, so I only had to extend our stay there by one night. It won’t be the relaxing/shopping/eating weekend I had planned, but I can’t wait!

anyways, thanks for listening to my emotional roller coaster diatribe:rotfl:
I know this is going to sound ridiculous but here goes...what does it mean to show a horse?
The only lounge that I know of that recently closed was the lounge in American Adventure when Chase stopped sponsoring food and wine and it was only open as a lounge during f&w. I'm not privy to any other possible lounges. DVC has only had the one at Epcot in the last 20 years. As far as I know I should qualify. There used to be an Amex lounge, but I think that's gone along with their sponsorship.
Actually, I half remember some lounge I had heard of recently, but I can't place it right now, but not a DVC one.
There was a lounge at Test Track (or World of Motion) sponsored by Ford or whoever was the sponsor for employees of that company. I’m pretty sure that closed. There might have been a Kodak one at Imagination too but don’t quote me in that.
Ugh, looks like I may be filing a dispute with Chase. I ordered a custom saddle pad from a girl for DH to show his horse in on August 27. I didn't receive it in all this time but figured she was making it. I sent her a facebook message last Monday to ask her when I could expect to receive the pad and she said "I'm hoping today." Didn't receive it. I sent her another message Monday of this week asking her if she had tracking on it and she didn't respond. So I sent her another message just now to tell her we were leaving for the horse show tomorrow afternoon and did she know where the pad was. She responded "I don't have it yet, can I send you something else to use at the show?" What do you mean you don't have it yet? You told me I could expect to receive it ten days ago, and now you don't even have it yet?? I'm waiting to hear what DH wants to do since he's currently on a flight, but now that we're showing his horse this weekend we may end up selling the horse while we're at the show, in which case I won't need the saddle pad anymore.
I would ask her for a refund before disputing but yes, I would eventually dispute.
Has anyone ever used these for mosquitoes? I’m thinking about wearing them on my ankles for our cruise excursions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VG8V47R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_saZPDbFRE8AQZ
We need to provide organic mosquito repellant for my sons nature - inspired school. I sent those for him and he doesn’t come home with bites even though their school is a damp jungle and they hang out outside a lot.
ETA: Argh trying to fix... Fixed!!

@PolyRob

More Cricut Projects!

View attachment 444678

View attachment 444680

View attachment 444681

The invitations were pocketfolds I made with it, plus the Save the Dates and the one on the left was a gift card holder - we gave everyone who came a Disney GC as a favor.

View attachment 444682

View attachment 444684
Those are so cute. If you want to do an easy side hustle and you created those patterns, you can just sell the patterns as a download. No inventory storage, no upfront costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter