I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, do 13 year olds need ID for TSA? DS used to get a student ID but I don’t think his new school issues them.
I know for sure they need it to get precheck and they need to have their own when traveling with others (parents) once they turn 13. In order to get precheck when she turned 13 in August we had to have a state ID or passport AND some type of residency document or a birth certificate. So it was a hassle. This morning I grabbed the ID card just in case...the TSA definitely examined it when we went through. I am not sure what would have happened if we hadn’t have had it. It doesn’t help that she has been on a huge growing spurt and despite the fact she is barely 13 she looks older. I might just see what happens when we fly out...if they want it for sure.
No need for ID under 18, no matter who they are traveling with. Super weird. My DD flew on her own (not as an unaccompanied minor) when she was 15, and didn't show any kind of ID (and used TSA Precheck). Also has done choir trips with a whole gaggle of kids - no ID from any of them. We did, of course, have to provide a passport and birth certificate when she got precheck, but she's never been asked for ID when flying.

So there was never another dvc lounge at another park? Always just been the Epcot one and TotW?
Sine we have been going it’s been 1 snack per person as they go around. And if you miss the cart you miss out. They used to walk around every 20-30 min but this past March we were taking a break for over 90 min and the cart went around once.

Is it just my imagination, or did a see a post recently about a CIP application stuck on "30 days" for a while?

P2 applied CIP on the 6th and the status line is still giving us the 30-days message. Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same.

Of course it was approved the morning after I posted--10 days after application. Details over on DISChurners, along with a semi-related update in the "advanced" thread there.

I have a question for those who have AA miles. When you try to book a Disney resort hotel using aavacations.com or useaamiles.com, can you pay any remaining balance on your card if you try to redeem?

I'm nervous to see Epcot in December. When we were there in Aug, it was the end of Club Cool and the fountains. I was so sad it was all ending but there were no walls yet. I don't want to see Epcot all walled up :( Glad your family had a great time getting to be all together!
I have friends going for the first time in Nov,I advised them to skip Epcot altogether,it wasn't worth bothering with at the moment.(short trip) makes me sad to say that, but no.

I have friends going for the first time in Nov,I advised them to skip Epcot altogether,it wasn't worth bothering with at the moment.(short trip) makes me sad to say that, but no.

Our recent trip reminded me that I don't really like Epcot... I like eating in the WS, but that's it. Soarin is cool. I don't like Test Track. I'm actually glad that so much is closed in there and under construction right now so maybe I'll like it when it's all done lol.

This is so true. I've not seen any reports of people losing money on dvc. It just doesn't happen!
agreed. when My mom bought and then sold the dvc, it was a fantastic investment for what she had paid originally. And I HATE the regular timeshares..... (yes,yes, I know some like them)....at any rate, there's no way I could go thru life (much less a vacation) with a secret like that... My M.O is to throw the info out there,and let the dust settle where it may...and then I'd enjoy my DVC time,and not invite them again if they had a problem with it. :rotfl2:

I felt they were a bit stingy with the snacks and I read they used to offer more and more frequently. Since were new and didn’t experience the lounge before aug, this could be incorrect info. Also read that they closed a lounge in another park?? Can’t remember the details.

It's only been one snack offered since I've been going with frequency of the snack cart every 45 minutes to an hour. I go about twice a year and if it opened months before I first went, it may have been different on opening. The coffee had to be requested and they would hand you a pod. Drinks were unlimited. I've also only spent less than an hour there.

The only lounge that I know of that recently closed was the lounge in American Adventure when Chase stopped sponsoring food and wine and it was only open as a lounge during f&w. I'm not privy to any other possible lounges. DVC has only had the one at Epcot in the last 20 years. As far as I know I should qualify. There used to be an Amex lounge, but I think that's gone along with their sponsorship.
Actually, I half remember some lounge I had heard of recently, but I can't place it right now, but not a DVC one.

Ok so I admit I didn’t look at all the benefits of the sw performance I just mainly saw 80k and $5k spend. Was reading over the benefits and the 365 WiFi credits will come in handy. Girls will be happy they can watch their Disney shows on the plane. Just hoping WiFi works in December when we all fly. Last April the WiFi was down from Bwi to sea and coming home.

No need for ID under 18, no matter who they are traveling with. Super weird. My DD flew on her own (not as an unaccompanied minor) when she was 15, and didn't show any kind of ID (and used TSA Precheck). Also has done choir trips with a whole gaggle of kids - no ID from any of them. We did, of course, have to provide a passport and birth certificate when she got precheck, but she's never been asked for ID when flying.
Thanks! I’d hate to start carrying his passport every time we fly when it’s not international.

Ok so I admit I didn’t look at all the benefits of the sw performance I just mainly saw 80k and $5k spend. Was reading over the benefits and the 365 WiFi credits will come in handy. Girls will be happy they can watch their Disney shows on the plane. Just hoping WiFi works in December when we all fly. Last April the WiFi was down from Bwi to sea and coming home.
Thanks for pointing that feature out! DS will be happy also and we have a bunch flights coming up.

I did something dumb, dumb, dumb!! I’m very sad at myself. I used my spreadsheet when I went to support DHs last card. I didn’t realize when I did that spreadsheet entry, I had copied and pasted another card, but updated all the relevant info to new card. I thought. Turns out I updated everything but the last 4 numbers of the card. So I just looked at that last line and used the old 4 numbers. That card was closed in June. I didn’t realize until I looked for support points. And they did show as pending on the closed card. So I was hopeful they still might post. Sadly, they did not. It even generated a statement. Which got me excited that yes they would post. But this is what statement says

A55BC1E5-F8F2-4618-B342-39578449BC30.jpeg

I just have to remind myself it is not “real” money. But let my sad tale be a reminder that not only do you need a spreadsheet but you need to be super careful with your spreadsheet. Ughhhhhhh. I will go sit in the cry corner now, a level below the shun corner, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter