• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they pull your credit?
Would it show up on CK that quick if I applied Thursday? Or should I check somewhere else? I just checked CK and the last two inquiries are Chase for my mtg in June and Comcast in August (I didn't even go with them).

@Haley R Many, Many congratulations....:jumping1:

Certainly puts a different perspective on those.....Should I stay or Should I go....hurricane discussions a few weeks back.
Yes! That was definitely something we thought about when we evacuated. Another questionable thing that happened during the beginning of my pregnancy was riding smuggler’s run at galaxy’s edge. I just made the decision to ride even though it wasn’t advised. We then found out (after going) I was pregnant at Busch gardens and seaworld and I rode every coaster.

Would it show up on CK that quick if I applied Thursday? Or should I check somewhere else? I just checked CK and the last two inquiries are Chase for my mtg in June and Comcast in August (I didn't even go with them).

I think I got an email from the credit bureau, so I didn't have to go look for it. And then I called and they said they had the application, but hadn't decided it. I don't think my calling affected it one way or the other.

The storm is really starting to arrive now but we are fine. Thank you for asking :) We both worked half a day yesterday and definitely won’t be going out today. Most transportation services are down and there are already a lot of power outages & flooding in some areas.

I think we are more content with our current situation, scary as it is, because before we moved we basically lived ON Tokyo Bay & that would have been a complete disaster. Worried about some of our former neighbors.

Glad you guys are safe and in a good spot! Keep us updated. I'll have to remember to turn on CNN International later and see if they have anything on it.

Actually I got an email from CK saying it had been pulled. Just checked and found it.

Was just about to reply to your first message, I was not following what car you applied for but I applied yesterday morning to the SW business card and had an alert this morning a pull was made. I think its funny I have three 'Free' credit monitoring services from various companies loosing my personal info and none of them find anything.

@Haley R Congratulations to you and your husband. I think I was the most tired and most hungry with my first...but then again with the 2nd and 3rd between work and a little I didn’t have time to be that tired or hungry! Enjoy this time and take care of yourself. Once you become a parent even when you do stuff as a couple it is never the same...which sounds bad but it is fine. It is about growing up in a lot of ways.

I wish they had put in that language 15 months ago!

I know! Even a year ago...I didn’t refer until the first part of this year. That is what angers me about Amex. Make the rules and we will follow them if they are established...or at least we will realize the risk and behave differently. Instead of to myself I could have easily supported someone on here and then gone from there back and forth with DH. I guess I am still bitter.

I was seeing today that if you are late with a payment Amex will take back MR’s. Reading stuff like that makes me want to just transfer my stash of MR’s to Delta and be done with it.

Actually I got an email from CK saying it had been pulled. Just checked and found it.
Was just about to reply to your first message, I was not following what car you applied for but I applied yesterday morning to the SW business card and had an alert this morning a pull was made. I think its funny I have three 'Free' credit monitoring services from various companies loosing my personal info and none of them find anything.
No, no notice other than the new mtg and I just checked CK and nothing new pulled. I'll go research reddit to see if the minimum approval score is posted but it looks like really bad timing.
Thanks

No, no notice other than the new mtg and I just checked CK and nothing new pulled. I'll go research reddit to see if the minimum approval score is posted but it looks like really bad timing.
Thanks

Hah I replied to the wrong message. The point I was attempting to make was out of four credit monitoring services I have only one found my application yesterday.

Hello all. Hoping for a little advice. We are planning a trip to France in summer of 2021. I want to earn enough points to travel round trip from Houston to Paris for 2 or possibly 3 people. We would likely fly Delta or Air France.

We have only 2 credit cards currently:
Amex Everyday card--- have had 15 years or so-- not used for much
Chase Southwest Visa- charge between 2500-5k monthly and pay off in full every month

I have never churned cards and haven't applied for a new credit card in well over 10 years. We have excellent credit.

I think the Chase Saphire card would make the most sense. 60k points to start and I would stop charging the monthly bills/expenses to the Southwest Visa. Should we both get this card? Or would it make more sense for one of us to get the Amex Delta Gold that also offers 60k points? Any thoughts?

@Haley R Congratulations to you and your husband. I think I was the most tired and most hungry with my first...but then again with the 2nd and 3rd between work and a little I didn’t have time to be that tired or hungry! Enjoy this time and take care of yourself. Once you become a parent even when you do stuff as a couple it is never the same...which sounds bad but it is fine. It is about growing up in a lot of ways.
Thank you! We’re trying to do lots of date nights, eating out, going to movies, etc. because I know that’ll change once we have the baby. We are planning on traveling still and have some things we’re interested in. I’m tired tonight but I’ll probably start asking for opinions sometime this weekend.

Thank you everyone for the kind words today. I consider all of you family so it’s been killing me not being able to share until now. It was really fun to post today though.

I will take any and all advice when it comes to babies lol. I’m very comfortable with toddlers but babies are relatively new to me.

We will be burning through some MSRs here soon so that’ll be fun haha

Yes! That was definitely something we thought about when we evacuated. Another questionable thing that happened during the beginning of my pregnancy was riding smuggler’s run at galaxy’s edge. I just made the decision to ride even though it wasn’t advised. We then found out (after going) I was pregnant at Busch gardens and seaworld and I rode every coaster.

Congrats to you and your DH! I suspected but didn't want to ask. I always waited 12 weeks to tell people too, just in case.

I rode Forbidden Journey twice and Dueling Dragons while I was 8 weeks pregnant and my DD6 came out just fine! I was a little nauseous after though .. .

Last edited:
Congrats to you and your DH! I suspected but didn't want to ask. I always waited 12 weeks to tell people too, just in case.

I rode Forbidden Journey twice and Dueling Dragons while I was 8 weeks pregnant and my DD6 came out just fine! I was a little cautious after though .. .
Thank you! I haven’t ridden anything bad since smuggler’s run. It gets boring but it gives us a chance to slow down and do other things! The Halloween party was super laid back because we didn’t ride much and we loved it. I think we’ve already decided on the baby’s first ride

Hello all. Hoping for a little advice. We are planning a trip to France in summer of 2021. I want to earn enough points to travel round trip from Houston to Paris for 2 or possibly 3 people. We would likely fly Delta or Air France.

We have only 2 credit cards currently:
Amex Everyday card--- have had 15 years or so-- not used for much
Chase Southwest Visa- charge between 2500-5k monthly and pay off in full every month

I have never churned cards and haven't applied for a new credit card in well over 10 years. We have excellent credit.

I think the Chase Saphire card would make the most sense. 60k points to start and I would stop charging the monthly bills/expenses to the Southwest Visa. Should we both get this card? Or would it make more sense for one of us to get the Amex Delta Gold that also offers 60k points? Any thoughts?

Welcome! Here are a few thoughts. The more you can narrow down your goals, the easier it would be to point you in the right direction. I also understand that that is not always possible.

There are lots of options to get to Paris. We've flown to/through CDG twice in the last year and already have tickets for summer 2020. All on Air France because that's just what worked for us. Both AMEX MRs and Chase URs can be moved to Air France. I know MRs also can be transferred to Delta (not sure about URs but I think someone else here will know). Personally, I prefer to get those MRs and URs for flights so I'm not tied down to a specific airline since they seem to constantly be changing what is required to book a flight.

If you want to start with Chase (as many people here do) I'd look at the CIP if you are ok with Business cards. 80k points as a sign up bonus. Then there's the CSR which will get you Global Entry for free to speed you through customs and can give you Priority Pass lounge access.

With AMEX there are Delta cards (I don't have any but people here do, so I'll let them advise you on those) plus things like the Platinum which can (if you are lucky) come with a 100K point SUB. That one also comes with a large AF, but also Global Entry, Priority Pass lounge access, and Centurion lounge access (there is a really nice one at DFW).

Are you looking for economy or business class seats?

If you're thinking 2021 then I would recommend having enough points in place a year in advance so you can grab those airline tickets as soon as they become available. You can also use points (hotel points, Chase points, AMEX points) for hotel rooms. We just booked the Hyatt in Paris using points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter