I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked for that AMEX offer and it looks like I can refer people to the Platinum card, but I couldn't find the part about "no lifetime" bonus language...

Oh, and AMEX is pretty clear on self-referrals, since it's now spelled out right there in their rules, "You may not share referrals with yourself."

Might want to edit your post, no use of the r-word here :)

I love your girls worked those cc!

I'm also glad to hear her program is putting safety first. Tough after all her work but that's nature of any type of assistance trip, it's really cool she was going to spend money in the first place to do that type of work- not many people would! I would have been devastated after a summer of working to have something like that disappear. Does the paperwork say in this event she doesn't get a refund but the program is trying to see if there's anything they can do?

I thought she was pretty crazy to pay for it myself. lol I guess I am a bad person. I told her it was way too much money for a 1 week trip and she would have to come up with the money herself. I really thought that would be the end of it, but nope. Took almost all her summer paychecks. Maybe even more than them. I just know she has almost no money left. But she is babysitting now so slowly adding it back up. She really doesn't spend money so she has been Ok.

I found this on their website so really not sure what the cancellation policy is:
Currently there are no Travel Alerts or Warnings in any of our international sites, which are located exclusively in Ecuador, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic. Travel risks to these countries are low and we are continuing with normal travel to these regions. Should conditions change, the Monitoring Team will assess the situation and communicate any trip and/or programming changes immediately.
If you have questions about your medical service trip or Timmy’s cancellation policy, please contact Service Trip Coordinator.

She did say she would get flight vouchers and the rest cash. But she didn't sound sure if it was 100%. Haven't heard anything yet today.

ETA- well what I heard from her today is "OMG We are hosting a Presidential Debate next year!!!!!" lol She is a political junkie. Did not get that from me. She met 4 different high ranking political people last week and was super bummed last night that not only did trip get canceled, but she missed a talk by Condoleezza Rice because of the mandatory meeting about trip. Not sure what was more upsetting to her. lol

4 night mini vacation between New Years and return to school/work in early Jan booked!

Paid cash for Spirit flights (since can’t use the UR portal, boo!!) but offset this a bit by booking DH’s Delta flight for his guys trip using points.

Used anniversary night plus Chase to Hyatt point transfer for 3 nights at Grand Cypress in orlando (awesome resort and value).
Just need rental car and the pre-planning will be complete.

Not sure how I’ll get ticket info, didn’t see any voucher or anything to print tickets in the confirmation email (tickets are listed though).

Last edited:
I thought she was pretty crazy to pay for it myself. lol I guess I am a bad person. I told her it was way too much money for a 1 week trip and she would have to come up with the money herself. I really thought that would be the end of it, but nope. Took almost all her summer paychecks. Maybe even more than them. I just know she has almost no money left. But she is babysitting now so slowly adding it back up. She really doesn't spend money so she has been Ok.

I found this on their website so really not sure what the cancellation policy is:
Currently there are no Travel Alerts or Warnings in any of our international sites, which are located exclusively in Ecuador, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic. Travel risks to these countries are low and we are continuing with normal travel to these regions. Should conditions change, the Monitoring Team will assess the situation and communicate any trip and/or programming changes immediately.
If you have questions about your medical service trip or Timmy’s cancellation policy, please contact Service Trip Coordinator.

She did say she would get flight vouchers and the rest cash. But she didn't sound sure if it was 100%. Haven't heard anything yet today.

ETA- well what I heard from her today is "OMG We are hosting a Presidential Debate next year!!!!!" lol She is a political junkie. Did not get that from me. She met 4 different high ranking political people last week and was super bummed last night that not only did trip get canceled, but she missed a talk by Condoleezza Rice because of the mandatory meeting about trip. Not sure what was more upsetting to her. lol

She must be at Michigan. It’s all over the news here. I live less than 20 min away and am a Michigan girl too!

Might want to edit your post, no use of the r-word here :)

Edited it. I don't want to break the rules, but I wanted to share the exact wording on the link so people would know not to try it.

I wish they had put in that language 15 months ago!

I know, right? At least it's clear in this one. There's lots of "only people you know" language, although they also mention putting it out on websites and rules for that. And then something about how if you break any of their rules you won't get any MRs. In any case, I prefer it spelled out clearly instead of being ambiguous and then having them claw back the points.

I checked for that AMEX offer and it looks like I can refer people to the Platinum card, but I couldn't find the part about "no lifetime" bonus language...

Oh, and AMEX is pretty clear on self-links, since it's now spelled out right there in their rules, "You may not share rxxxxxxxx with yourself."
You won’t see the NLL language. What you will see is “Pre approved” splashed across the top. If you see that you’ve got the ability to send the offer. If you don’t see pre-approved you can only generate normal links.

Just checked into a Hilton in Columbus. Booked through Chase/Expedia so won‘t earn points. Also no gold status upgrade since they’re sold out (no big deal, standard room is nice) but we do get free breakfast in their restaurant since the executive lounge is closed for the weekend. Not too shabby.

Haha. I saw the Condoleezza Rice and 2020 debate comments and figured it was Michigan. She was just here.

Funny! I guess she is on a tour? DD is about 3 hours away. We went to see DD this past weekend and we were going to add a stop at Michigan for DS to tour, but we just couldn't fit it all in.

Huh. So I can't use my email address? I don't even have an account. Or does he need to change his?
it would not work with the email address i was trying to set it up in as it kept telling me it had already been used. so i redid my referral to my husband, to an email address he doesn't usually use. and made sure that i was on a different computer to access the referral off that email address that he doesn't use. got it to work. but now it is on an email that we don't usually use, so made notes to make sure i remember where it is to access those free$.

Applied for the SW Performance Biz last night and woke up this morning to an approval! On my way to the CP! This is a big deal for me. Last year, I didn't go for the CP because DD3 was almost totally refusing to sleep while on trips. This year, she has finally started doing better and I'm willing to plan trips again to somewhere other than family (where I would have more support). It's a great marker of just how far she has come!!

I saw that somewhere the other day, but I really don't know anyone that ever booked them. The discount was off the Anytime fare so it was still more than the WGA and everyone that flew SW did it regularly so travel funds wasn't an issue. I looked at it a couple years ago when I was buying a ticket for FIL who wasn't sure if he was going to make a trip. While he was hmming and hawing, I was going to grab a seat with the senior fare and then closer to the trip see if the WGA was still avail. But he finally made up his mind and we went straight for the WGA fare. Used the "travel funds" as an incentive for him not to back out last minute :)

When I first saw the news I assumed they eliminated it because it wasn't being used enough for it to be attractive and so why offer it at all. Now I kinda wonder if there was a whole senior underground that figured out how to work an advantage and SW decided it was unprofitable :laughing:

Applied for the SW Performance Biz last night and woke up this morning to an approval! On my way to the CP! This is a big deal for me. Last year, I didn't go for the CP because DD3 was almost totally refusing to sleep while on trips. This year, she has finally started doing better and I'm willing to plan trips again to somewhere other than family (where I would have more support). It's a great marker of just how far she has come!!
3 has been the magical age to be able to travel with my kids too. Hope you guys can plan some great trips!!!

aavacations..... how do you choose to pay with points? and is the best deal to book flight+hotel+car and then not use the car (if not needed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter