I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It BOGGLES my mind when I see how much people spend on crappy food at work daily. Breakfast AND lunch!! I always pack my own too. I am ok paying for quality, but my office just doesn't have that. I rarely even pass the cafeteria because I can't be bothered to leave my floor/department. Get me in and out and home LOL

We don't have a caf. I think there might be a vending machine somewhere, but I've never found it. I bring my lunch, or there is a kitchen where you can make yourself a pb&j. Which I do probably once a week...

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2...ty-protests-and-strikes-quito-ecuador/599725/
My DD worked all summer to pay for a Global Health mission trip to Ecuador. She let my other DD pay for it on her new CIP and she paid her back via paypal when it was a Discover category. Win/win for them both. However, this just happened and now one week from leave date the trip was cancelled! She is so sad. They are trying to scramble and put a last minute trip to Belize together. She will find out more today. However, it won't be the same mission type work. They were supposed to work in hospitals in Ecuador and they will not be doing that in Belize. She is pretty bummed about the whole thing. They are trying to get the money refunded, I think if she goes on this other trip it will just transfer over to those expenses. But she wasn't sure if 100% of the costs would be refunded. I am just glad this didn't happen while they were already in the country.
I love your girls worked those cc!

I'm also glad to hear her program is putting safety first. Tough after all her work but that's nature of any type of assistance trip, it's really cool she was going to spend money in the first place to do that type of work- not many people would! I would have been devastated after a summer of working to have something like that disappear. Does the paperwork say in this event she doesn't get a refund but the program is trying to see if there's anything they can do?

I recategorize the cc payment under Transfer -> Credit Card payment. There'll be a transaction for when the payment comes out of your checking (negative) and a transaction when the payment posts to your cc (positive). So net zero.

Thanks so much! That's just what I need to do. The transaction on the credit card when the account was paid off was categorizing correctly as a transfer, but the one out of my checking account has not - it was coding as bills and utilities.

I don't know why I couldn't see that! Now, if I could get it to show which credit card it's charged to in the all transaction view lol!

I was forcing myself to be patient, but curiosity got me and I called.... APPROVED! Yay! My 1st Bus card, and hopefully step 1 towards a CP for 2020-2021 😁

Also, I sadly missed my cheap ATL-MCO flights that I booked with the Delta promo 😉, and all our tickets are still valid in MDE App. Hooray! (But that doesn't mean I won't keep checking until we use them, LOL).
Great news on both fronts, CONGRATS!

What's the deal with these Amex NLL Support Emails - and what can I do with them?
So people are interested in these Support Emails BECAUSE they previously had the card and so the NLL (No Lifetime Language) aspect means they can now earn a bonus again on the card. The excitement on r/churning and DoC over these is largely from long-time players who have run through all the Amex cards and these present an opportunity to earn a bonus they otherwise would not be eligible for.

Just because you click on the link and enter your login information and see cards does NOT mean you have the offer. If you are eligible it will have the green wording at the top referecing a "PREAPPROVED OFFER" as shown HERE. Again, this will NOT apply to all cards AND even if you have the eligible cards, you may not be targeted to send one of these out. I know users here who were not targeted despite having the cards that seem to carry these offers.

If you have an offer you can email it to somebody but you DO NOT want to email it to yourself to test. You can only send 2 emails and that person will have to use the email address to open the link AND that email address will be HARD CODED on the application. And if that person chooses not to use your link, you cannot retract the email or send it to anybody else so you only want to send it to people who will use it.

This makes these extremely difficult to use with "internet strangers" - they are much more targeted at friends IRL. I would NOT use DoC's thread to attempt to find a match here. There are vultures all over the place there and the odds of somebody getting multiple emails and not using yours are high.

We did setup a thread on r/churning's approved support link sub. Karma requirements won't be enforced there so you could attempt to share there. You could also put a blurb on your DISchurners Amex page indicating what you have available. If somebody is LOOKING for one of these links to use then I'd say maybe just come out and ask on the main thread here on the DIS and see if you can find a partner to help you.

The cards I know of that are included are (and this is a pretty limited list):
  • Personal Plat
  • Hilton Aspire
  • Hilton Surpass
  • Hilton no AF
  • Bonvoy Brilliance
Personally I put a blurb on my post for amex links, I might put one on r/churning, I will NOT post on DoC. I've been active on DoC for a while but SFF's caution about vultures is very true! Also do not post your email address there asking for a link, I only use emails I'm willing to burn as you will get some people spamming you with attempts to sell you on using their links for unrelated stuff- but this time you can't burn this email as you have to use it on your amex app. I absolutely expect people to ask for emails just to take the competition out of the game there.

Just got 7-10 business days on my SW business app :rolleyes2

Im debating if I should call recon now or if I should wait until I’m actually denied.

UPDATE:
Called recon and it seems all they needed was a proof of address. I recently moved in August, so a recent move may have you go through recon for additional verification. No questions about my "business" etc.

@calypso726 I can't remember how many days you guys were doing at TDLR but how are you doing/what are you doing with thr typhoon that's coming?

@MKTokyo are you guys ready as well?

Have an old co worker that works for nissan and his wife posted their stocked fridge and the empty shelves at the store.

Depends on the bank. I find Chase usually posts in 3/4 business days and Citi takes about a full week. Outside of those banks I would not know. Dining refunds usually come much faster than room deposits.
Lol. This is a great question. I've had it take anywhere from 3 days to 6 weeks. I am not kidding - thankfully, it was my own and not a client!!
Good to know. I cancelled the reservation on the 6th and no refund yet. It was on a Chase card, so hopefully soon.

That's what I would have used based on my experience with their replacement plan (although I know they were revising their benefits so hopefully that has not changed).

Thanks. It was his only card for years, so it tends to be his default unless there's a reason to use another one. With so many cards and constantly changing terms it's hard to keep up! Plus we've done well with MRs.

So I called in this AM and again the message indicates "the information entered does not match our records please enter the SS#" when I entered it the 2nd time it goes to "status not available please allow 30 days". Is that the standard 30 day message? What's up with "the SS# entered does not match our records"? That just feeds into my paranoia that something went wrong with my app and it didn't go through. Per @SouthFayetteFan time is of essence, I can't afford dink around for a week waiting for a confirmation of receipt from Chase, right? I am so confused why this only happens with my SW applications. I haven't had this issue with other Chase apps including CIP. Should I call and confirm that they actually have an app from me under review? grrr

This is what happened to my CIP application about a week ago. I did talk to someone who said they had the application, and it would take time for them to get to it. Every automated call I made said that message about my SS#, so I finally talked to a person again and she said I had been approved. It's weird, and really stressed me out.

I checked for that AMEX offer and it looks like I can refer people to the Platinum card, but I couldn't find the part about "no lifetime" bonus language...

Oh, and AMEX is pretty clear on self-links, since it's now spelled out right there in their rules, "You may not share rxxxxxxxx with yourself."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter