• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilton experts... a couple of questions...

I finished MSR on the Hilton Biz. I got the points already but haven't gotten the Free weekend night certificate. How long does it usually take?

I have a trip to Japan next month. Any great Hilton redemption for the free weekend night certificate for Osaka?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much! I actually was looking at the architectural cruise, you might have convinced me. :D
I did one in July and it was absolutely amazing and awesome! Such a different perspective of the city.

Attachments

• A032D35E-A1E2-4F24-A50C-BDE8AE1C8393.jpeg
    A032D35E-A1E2-4F24-A50C-BDE8AE1C8393.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 8
  • D76AAAC7-9BAC-408D-8A98-8B72E13E6EC0.jpeg
    D76AAAC7-9BAC-408D-8A98-8B72E13E6EC0.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2137BC0B-5CB3-44AA-A3C4-4CD55F524D55.jpeg
    2137BC0B-5CB3-44AA-A3C4-4CD55F524D55.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 8
So it is safe to Apply for SW Performance now right? Or should I wait another week. (just getting impatient - no MSR to meet right now)

With the exception of Disney, any recommendations for cruise lines for Europe? I was looking at RCCL since we have done them for the Caribbean.

So it is safe to Apply for SW Performance now right? Or should I wait another week. (just getting impatient - no MSR to meet right now)
My payment date is 11/17 on my approval. I have a nice spend tracker and will make sure I don’t meet the MSR until after 12/23 (when my Dec statement will close). Since we need a second card and need to space them out and I need CP early next year, it was time.

My payment date is 11/17 on my approval. I have a nice spend tracker and will make sure I don’t meet the MSR until after 12/23 (when my Dec statement will close). Since we need a second card and need to space them out and I need CP early next year, it was time.

Ok Thanks. So good to go to sign up now.

Fun Midweek Exercise - How many Cards have you gotten?

1) When did you begin churning? (feel free to expound on this a little bit if you have details to share)
Like many I was first introduce to churning by the launch of CSR in 8/16. At that time, though, I was mainly excited about cashing out Chase Freedom Unltd points via the CSR portal at 2.25 percent back. I didn't start chasing signup bonuses until 1/17.

2) Are you in 1 player mode or 2 player mode?
2 player mode

3) How many cards have you gotten total? (and how many for each player if you are in 2 player mode)
Me-27 since 1/17 (6 personal, 21 biz)
Dw-22 since 1/17 (8 personal, 14 biz)
Total: 49 since 1/17

4) IF APPLICABLE: What is one card you have gotten that is somewhat peculiar or not mainstream?
I don't feel like I have anything, especially not since I began churning.

5) Share any other details you think might be fun about your churning efforts.
I primarily use points for family trips to New York City, Disney World, and Sanibel. I also pay for my oldest daughter to travel home frequently from college, and my youngest daughters (twins) have a bunch of college visits this fall/spring.

My DD just texted me the other day about Semester at Sea - but said it was $40,000. Yeah - not doing that..

I'm the one who posted that my DD did this - it is costly (although her's started out closer to $28,000 for tuition/room/board), but she was fortunate that she was receiving almost $12,000 in scholarships from her normal university. She was able to apply her scholarships there toward her study abroad. She also chose an inside cabin which was about $3,000 cheaper than outside along with taking an onboard job while she was gone. She was assigned to the library and loved it - I think she got $3,000 off of her tuition for that as well. The jobs consisted of working 2 hours an every day they were on the ship. She also received a scholarship from a group she participated with on campus - NSCS that helped some as well. Finally, due to the fact that she had good merit scholarships, she had not paid much at all for her other years of school, so was able to splurge a bit on her study abroad.

It was a costly semester, but for her well worth it. Most of the friends that she met on board were relatively frugal, so they planned their land activities with finances in mind (some students didn't and took all SAS trips which were $$$!). For example, when they were not staying on ship, they stayed in hostels, ate as many meals on ship as possible, bought food from grocery stores when it worked out, etc. Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just saying that we are not wealthy by any stretch and she was fortunate to be able to pull it together and make it happen.

1) When did you begin churning?
I started in 2017 with a southwest card to fly extended family to WDW. Then learned about the CP and earned that with 2 more Southwest cards. Before that I only used my Disney Premier Visa for everything!

2) Are you in 1 player mode or 2 player mode?
2 player

3) How many cards have you gotten total? (and how many for each player if you are in 2 player mode)

Me: 16 DH: 8, 24 total

4) IF APPLICABLE: What is one card you have gotten that is somewhat peculiar or not mainstream?

I guess I am pretty mainstream. I do love my Signature Old Navy card though, ha!

5) Share any other details you think might be fun about your churning efforts.

My current goal is to use points to pay for WDW tickets, dining plans, and a cruise. I'm using Serve to ramp up my points balances.

FYI: There are THREE 8/15 mailers posted on the churningmarketplace for $80 right now. First mailers shared in a week.

Any questions regarding this should go to DISchurners. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, PM me, lol!

EDIT: and they are all GONE already. Wow those went fast - less than an hour!

GAH! I guess it's good they went fast! I was teaching darn it! Though you shared I'm likely out anyways.

For anyone with a Citi TY card trying to keep the 24 month clock from resetting with a PC, I PC'd my Premier this morning to a Double Cash. I was reassured my card number would NOT change. I am hoping this did not reset my 24 month clock, but it shouldn't since the card number isn't changing. Double Cash Rewards can be converted to TY points 1:1 if you hold a Premier or Prestige. I won't be able to convert just yet but plan to get another Premier in 12 months and convert my double cash rewards then. Hopefully this all works out, I'd love to get 2x TY points for no AF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter