I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I will never complain about the bugs here in Phoenix again. Yes, we have the occasional scorpion (actually I've lived here all my life and only ever seen 2) and rattlesnakes.... but NO ROACHES
We were at the Dave & Buster’s at the Tempe Marketplace and the scorpions were just swarming at dusk. I had never seen so many.

My MIL unfortunately had one in her sock because she liked to leave them out for her gardening. Ouch!

We were at the Dave & Buster’s at the Tempe Marketplace and the scorpions were just swarming at dusk. I had never seen so many.

My MIL unfortunately had one in her sock because she liked to leave them out for her gardening. Ouch!
WHAAAAT. *Makes mental note never ever ever ever to go to Dave and Busters in Tempe*

I've lived here all my life except for three miserable years in Alaska.

I've seen one in the middle of the floor at a convenience store by the ASU campus (20+ years ago)

I've seen one in my parents' kitchen light fixture (fluorescent bubble thing- also 20+ years ago)

I have seen a dead one or two in my garage or my parents' garage

PEST CONTROL!!!! So far it's worked for me.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself. But always vigilant, of course.

Wanna see the spiders I find all over the top of our lanai? I kill them with a rock because they freak me out and they’re spiky lol. We have multiple rocks out back with blood on them. Apparently they’re harmless but I don’t want them making webs above my head while I’m swimming. They are kind of cool looking though

Those are scarier looking than Wendow's "stink bug spider" (not a real spider name, that I know of)

anyone got any end of the year cc plans. platinums, sw, ? what is there that should be considered for end of the year and why? it is coming up and i have a spot but no firm plans for what i should be taking advantage of.
Just waiting to get P2 the SW CP for 2020/2021. Will app in Ocotber for the performance biz and most likely a second biz after that. P2 did just earn his SUB for his CIP so there's that. Otherwise, it's pretty boring for me right now while I wait to go under 5/24. If the Arrival Plus comes back (or another version) I'll go for that when I'm under 6/24. I realize that would push my 5/24 out but I like cards I can use for Disney tix.

Not sure exactly when I'm going to apply as I will have a harder time trying to meet the MSR this time. Taxes are due in late October / early November for well in excess of the $5,000.00 but the county charges a 2.5% fee on cc payments. I guess 100,000 URs would be worth that. Heck I was thinking that I could meet the MSR on an AmEx platinum to cover the tax payment (I checked and they accept Visa, MC and AmEx). Actually I am pondering if I should try to get a 100,000 platicorn MR offer -- never tried before and I'm not going to try until I am ready.
no need to call you can go back and look at your statements to see when your bonus posted. also, please consider editing your post and sharing with the dischurners

no need to call you can go back and look at your statements to see when your bonus posted. also, please consider editing your post and sharing with the dischurners
Post has been edited!

I'm not sure if I want to take up a 5/24 slot with the AmEx Platinum. I'm currently at 3/24, so my next move is very important (Hyatt Visa drops off in July, 2020, but I may apply for the card again because I love Hyatt properties and they haven't de-valued their points like some other chains -- here's looking at you Marriott).

I don't really know how to use Reddit effectively; guess I better learn...

I'm not sure if I want to take up a 5/24 slot with the AmEx Platinum. I'm currently at 3/24, so my next move is very important (Hyatt Visa drops off in July, 2020, but I may apply for the card again because I love Hyatt properties and they haven't de-valued their points like some other chains -- here's looking at you Marriott).
what is your travel goal?

I have a spider hanging outside my kitchen window. Spun a web and then died, so it’s just hanging there. It’s near the top so I don’t notice it all the time but when I do-ugh. I can’t reach it outside (plus it probably left hundreds of baby spiders out there) and DH thinks it’s funny.
We had this outside one of our basement windows when we moved into our house. It’s not a window that opens and the cover was bolted on the outside so I just kept seeing this huge black dead spider hanging there. So I bought a can of spray paint that makes a window look frosted. Voila. No more big ugly man spider!!

You know that saying when it rains it pours? Well, its pouring over here like crazy. The last four weeks have given us three broken appliances, a leaky roof, extra medical stuff, and tonight an alternator. Not the right time to be without an MSR!

I appreciate the off topic conversation that goes with the amazing advice this thread gives. It definitely provides some comic relief when life seems crazy.

However, the bugs today.......you guys are nuts! I'm very happy we live somewhere without most creepy crawlies!

I agree! I have a phobia of spiders. If I saw more than one of @Haley R’s spiders, I’d have to just set the place on fire lol!
They’re outside and they’re literally the size of an eraser on a pencil. That picture makes it look scarier than it is. They’re much better than the 1 inch-2 inch spiders I have to bring down and step on. They run away too! The little spiky ones just sit there like they don’t know what happened

You know that saying when it rains it pours? Well, its pouring over here like crazy. The last four weeks have given us three broken appliances, a leaky roof, extra medical stuff, and tonight an alternator. Not the right time to be without an MSR!

I appreciate the off topic conversation that goes with the amazing advice this thread gives. It definitely provides some comic relief when life seems crazy.

However, the bugs today.......you guys are nuts! I'm very happy we live somewhere without most creepy crawlies!
I was jealous of your post initially...because I thought you were talking about actual RAIN. 🌧 Then I realized you weren’t and I felt sad... 😔

Sorry for the streak of bad luck! I love our thread too - gets me through the day sometimes 😃 (otherwise I’d be bored outta my mind!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter