I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother with the FE stuff at this point, but I do have fun printing off a couple of magnets for my door. Easy to do and doesn't take up space when you pack. ;)

Yes to homemade buttercream and ooey-gooey brownies. We purposely try to not bake them enough for them to be too solid.

Not the person you asked, but DH and I found a tiny packable backpack from TNF and took it with us on our last trip (and also brought one for our DD). We loved it, and DD loves hers, too. REI had them on clearance a few weeks ago, too.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/flyweight-pack-nf0a3kwr?variationId=MN8#hero=0
@calypso726 mentioned magnets too! I do actually think I’m gonna try that. I didn’t even know you could print magnets lol

Not the person you asked, but DH and I found a tiny packable backpack from TNF and took it with us on our last trip (and also brought one for our DD). We loved it, and DD loves hers, too. REI had them on clearance a few weeks ago, too.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/flyweight-pack-nf0a3kwr?variationId=MN8#hero=0

Ooooooh we may have a winner here! And the blue is in REI's clearance "outlet" for $33.73. I like that the water bottle pockets are not sticking out the sides. And that the pack is smaller, 17 liter instead of 20 liters, which makes a difference on a short person lol

Ooooooh we may have a winner here! And the blue is in REI's clearance "outlet" for $33.73. I like that the water bottle pockets are not sticking out the sides. And that the pack is smaller, 17 liter instead of 20 liters, which makes a difference on a short person lol

Yeah, we thought it looked both functional and nice. A friend told me about this one. I just really liked how tiny and light it was.

Dang y'all have been busy with the food talk! I'm about to pop a bag of popcorn, YUM!

I love strawberry and cherry poptarts with frosting. No frosting, no go!
Picklewraps sound fun.
Uncrustables are a yes, but you have to eat them right away. If they get soggy, blech.

Um lets talk raisins in cookies. That's a hard no. There should be a law against it. My MIL makes great home baked items, but puts freaking raisins in all her cookies. :crazy2:

I got the Lowe's offer on my Amex! Woohoo!!
I also just stacked the dosh and Amex offers to get a Sam's membership for my mom. ( I followed a reddit post to hopefully get some other sign up gift cards, but I'm not holding my breath.

Universal tickets through the UR portal come pretty instantly right? I forgot to order ours!

Yes, I remember them coming the same day I think. You will need to use the confirmation email from Chase to pick the actual tickets up at a will call kiosk either outside the parks or at your hotel. Don't forget to bring a credit card that has the same last name on it as the one you used to book the tickets as they will need that for verification.

Dang y'all have been busy with the food talk! I'm about to pop a bag of popcorn, YUM!

I love strawberry and cherry poptarts with frosting. No frosting, no go!
Picklewraps sound fun.
Uncrustables are a yes, but you have to eat them right away. If they get soggy, blech.

Um lets talk raisins in cookies. That's a hard no. There should be a law against it. My MIL makes great home baked items, but puts freaking raisins in all her cookies. :crazy2:

I got the Lowe's offer on my Amex! Woohoo!!
I also just stacked the dosh and Amex offers to get a Sam's membership for my mom. ( I followed a reddit post to hopefully get some other sign up gift cards, but I'm not holding my breath.
You and I would get along just fine 🤓

Yum! I always loved the cosmic brownies
View attachment 437021
YES!!!!

I haven't eaten these regularly since I was a teen, but when I was pregnant with DS I had a box and kept them at work so the hubby wouldn't know (I had gestational diabetes, and aside from a slice of cake at my shower these were my only cheat!!!).

I grew up on pop tarts and other processed foods (not that I don;t eat junk food now, just much more balanced), and every once in a while I have a deep primal craving for pop tarts.

Last edited:
Well, you have to admit, everything is better with butter...yum...

The difference is, I love pickles! If I get hungry I can't snack on unfrosted pop tarts. You gotta have some standards in the shun clubhouse!😝
Well yes of course everything is better with butter. Even cardboard.
Some people in the shun clubhouse are pickle haters. I’m pretty flexible. I mean I may not like your pop tarts but you do you and I’ll eat whatever else is laying around. Lol

That’s what I have for me and it works great. If DH gets the motherlode I may need to get him an ultralight backpack or packable bag for the parks. He saw mine and said it looks awesome.
I agree with the others, the motherlode is too much for the parks. I don;t find cross-body bags comfortable for all day, so I have been in the market for a light backpack. I really liked the LLBean packable one, I am planning to buy during their next sale. Many of the packable ones are flimsy and unsupportive, but this one looked remarkable well put together for a pack-able bag. Might be worth checking out.

]
Whoa whoa whoa did I give permission for pickles in the shun corner?

:rotfl2:
Well, I said last night I was bringing them. Apparently you weren't listening. I think my post flew under the radar.
@calypso726 mentioned magnets too! I do actually think I’m gonna try that. I didn’t even know you could print magnets lol
I bought mine on Etsy. Too much work to make them, plus I’d have to buy colored ink for the printer.
Ummm, I think they were voted in while you were out of town. Yeah, that's it... 🤣
Right. Out of town. That’s our story.

Curious what the risk really is to holding onto Hilton and Marriott points. We’ve got 240kish Hilton points and 360k-ish Marriott. One grouping I am hoping we can use to get away for our 15 yr anniversary, Aruba, St Johns, etc. But it’s going to be hard with 4 kids at home. It’s also hard to use these points as very few hotels, especially tropical beach locations sleep 6. By the time we get one room free and pay for the other, we may as well just pay to go somewhere else. I’m just trying to determine if one is more risky of being devalued or severely changing and I should focus on using first.

I agree with the others, the motherlode is too much for the parks. I don;t find cross-body bags comfortable for all day, so I have been in the market for a light backpack. I really liked the LLBean packable one, I am planning to buy during their next sale. Many of the packable ones are flimsy and unsupportive, but this one looked remarkable well put together for a pack-able bag. Might be worth checking out.
What all do you take to the parks to use a backpack? No criticism, I am a serious overpacker but I use a very small purse or crossbody, big enough for my phone, Kleenex, pain meds, and moleskin/bandaids for the parks. DH uses a drawstring backpack (a fancy one lol, not the freebie type) with pockets for water bottles. We only have one kiddo though and he’s 10, so no little kid stuff. When he was younger we did carry more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter