I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we like it 😀

Also there may be a difference in the whipped frosting we're talking about. There's whipped that is similar to whip cream but I think what was meant is the tub frosting that's whipped, which is the same exact frosting but it's been whipped so it's not as thick. The solution to this really is to buy the regular and whip it yourself to put the air in it instead of buying less frosting, but they are both the same texture and flavor one is just thinner.

I agree that a whipped cream based frosting isn't that good most of the time and is kind of useless outside of strawberry shortcake.

My peanut butter of choice is Skippy Creamy "Natural". I can't figure out how it's different from "unnatural" but I am SURE it's healthier because it says "Natural" on it.

Probably has actual sugar instead of corn syrup and like 3-4 ingredients, which is what Jif's natural is.

And I prefer my chocolate chip cookies... without chocolate chips. :duck:

Me too! But more the cookie dough without the chips but I have made a couple of no chip cookies when I've made chocolate chip cookies. But really it's just a sugar cookie without frosting. But if it's not good chocolate chips the cookie is def better without.

Me too! But more the cookie dough without the chips but I have made a couple of no chip cookies when I've made chocolate chip cookies. But really it's just a sugar cookie without frosting. But if it's not good chocolate chips the cookie is def better without.

To me a sugar cookie is almost white (pale) compared to the dough of a chocolate chip cookie. Is it really the same thing? I like the darker brown. Maybe it's brown sugar instead of white?

Can you tell I'm not a baker? I can't make decent cookies to save my life. It's sad, really...

Just wanted to add that participating in the informal Fish Extender exchange is prolly best enjoyed by kids, but I've seen adults play too. If your cruise has one, you will notice homemade pouches hanging from the letter holders (shaped like a fish) outside some staterooms. Then players pick a day to visit everyone else's door to drop off a trinket. Trinkets are typically Disney and/or hometown related (so maybe miniature arches if you were from St Louis, or chocolate Mickey coins, as examples). Then every time you return to your room, you check our your stash. Kinda fun.
I did fish extender twice and I didn’t enjoy it much either time. Not worth my time or money. I know many others love it,

I did this when my kids were young -- it was fun to have a reason to wander around the ship, and to see how people decorated their doors.

Last edited:
That looks so cool. We need something that can hold water and I’m looking at this now:

https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/packable-backpack/276974?productid=10566766

That outer pocket looks like it would be handy for a cell phone. The biggest con of the one I have is that it's just one big compartment. I just watched a video of the Travelon one, looks like it packs down to the size of a poncho maybe. The SeatoSummit is palm of your hand small. They say tennis ball but it's actually a little smaller than that. I hardly notice it at the bottom of my small purse.

Definitely trade offs. I struggled with it when deciding which to get, lol.

That outer pocket looks like it would be handy for a cell phone. The biggest con of the one I have is that it's just one big compartment. I just watched a video of the Travelon one, looks like it packs down to the size of a poncho maybe. The SeatoSummit is palm of your hand small. They say tennis ball but it's actually a little smaller than that. I hardly notice it at the bottom of my small purse.

Definitely trade offs. I struggled with it when deciding which to get, lol.

I saw how small that one packs up and it’s amazing! I’m on the fence too, size versus those darn bottle holders.

To me a sugar cookie is almost white (pale) compared to the dough of a chocolate chip cookie. Is it really the same thing? I like the darker brown. Maybe it's brown sugar instead of white?

Can you tell I'm not a baker? I can't make decent cookies to save my life. It's sad, really...

Sugar cookies don't have brown sugar and have a little milk and more flour. They really are a vessel for whatever you put on top, sprinkles, frosting etc. But while not the same a chocolate chip cookie base, because really you could put whatever chip you wanted in it, is just sugar, flour and butter it's just that it also has brown sugar which is probably why you like it more.

I can’t do canned icing. Homemade buttercream frosting all the way!
Canned is gross. I’m not a huge frosting person anyway but it’s gotta be buttercream with real butter and real vanilla, not shortening and artificial vanilla.
I am telling you all- UNfrosted Pop Tarts, toasted, with butter! It's the way to go!!!!
Ok, warm cardboard with butter. Got it.
I did fish extender twice and I didn’t enjoy it much either time. Not worth my time or money. I know many others love it,
I brought gifts just for DS. Left random things for him to find.
And I lost all taste for commercial baked goods about 12 years ago when older dd was the first to be diagnosed with food allergies. Soy was in every-freaking-thing :headache: I bake everything that is eaten in our house, with the exception of dh's flour tortillas (I make others w masa).

Brownies must be gooey in the middle, made with dark chocolate cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. Nuts if not for an event with allergic people. NO frosting---that's cake!

Homemade "butter"cream (margarinecream doesn't have the same ring) is the best. I like to add flavorings to it, sometimes pureed and strained berries, sometimes espresso powder, sometimes peppermint oil.
I prefer homemade almost anything. I’ll admit it doesn’t happen as often during the summer because baking heats up the house so much. I have never made homemade tortillas though. (I’m pretty sure there’s a tortilla press in my parents basement I could dig out. Already stole the bread maker. So retro. Lol)
NOOOOOO.....
Hey if I’m bringing pickles, she can bring her buttered cardboard. No haters. :flower:

Ok, warm cardboard with butter. Got it.
Well, you have to admit, everything is better with butter...yum...

Hey if I’m bringing pickles, she can bring her buttered cardboard.

The difference is, I love pickles! If I get hungry I can't snack on unfrosted pop tarts. You gotta have some standards in the shun clubhouse!😝

I was thinking of donut sticks while reading about everyone's poptart and cosmic brownie obsession. I used to eat donut sticks for breakfast. Somehow they managed to make donuts even more unhealthy than they already were. :rotfl2:
I actually don’t like them now that I’m older. It leaves a weird film on the top of my mouth

@calypso726 actually told me about this! I don’t think we’ll do it this time but it does sound fun!

I don't bother with the FE stuff at this point, but I do have fun printing off a couple of magnets for my door. Easy to do and doesn't take up space when you pack. ;)

Brand please?

And I lost all taste for commercial baked goods about 12 years ago when older dd was the first to be diagnosed with food allergies. Soy was in every-freaking-thing :headache: I bake everything that is eaten in our house, with the exception of dh's flour tortillas (I make others w masa).

Brownies must be gooey in the middle, made with dark chocolate cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. Nuts if not for an event with allergic people. NO frosting---that's cake!

Homemade "butter"cream (margarinecream doesn't have the same ring) is the best. I like to add flavorings to it, sometimes pureed and strained berries, sometimes espresso powder, sometimes peppermint oil.

Yes to homemade buttercream and ooey-gooey brownies. We purposely try to not bake them enough for them to be too solid.

Not the person you asked, but DH and I found a tiny packable backpack from TNF and took it with us on our last trip (and also brought one for our DD). We loved it, and DD loves hers, too. REI had them on clearance a few weeks ago, too.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/flyweight-pack-nf0a3kwr?variationId=MN8#hero=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!