I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poo :( Has the SPG Biz been open for over a year? That's my pet theory right now. I feel somewhat confirmed based on some AmEx reps citing having the SPG Biz is stopping the bonus on the personal (which isn't a rule, but I wouldn't put it past them adding it to this pop up) and they've only had that open for less than a year.

AmEx is definitely firmly back into the "hate" side of this love/hate relationship. If they didn't have the Hilton cards too I'd probably go back to not caring about them again.

SPG Biz has only been open 6 months. So maybe that's part of it, but who knows. I'm just not going to bother with it and I'm not going to waste a spot on it for DH when he doesn't even have the SPG Biz. I'll just stick with the MSR I've got.

Unless anyone here has a Citi AA Biz mailer... in which case, send me a PM :)

Well I went in the ditch for the first time in my history of driving. I was on my way in between schools for subbing and there was a patch of snow on the highway. I started swerving one way so I pulled back and turned completely around into the ditch. My car almost tipped on its side but luckily landed flat. My neck, back, and wrist hurt a little but I’m very lucky to be as safe as I am. Dh came to get me and dropped me off at the school so I could still sub. AAA is supposed to drop my car off here if they can get to it in time. We are supposed to get 3-5 more inches of snow and have 20-30 mph winds tomorrow. I’m so over this stupid winter

That's terrible but glad you are ok and it sounds like the car can be salvaged. A lot worse could have happened, so grateful it didn't!

Hubby was just wishing for snow since, knock wood, we've missed the brunt of every storm but he doesn't feel it being cold outside it worth it without snow. I'll use your post to remind him why no snow is just fine with me. (Although I'd be happy with a warmer climate and just visit snow occasionally. I don't know how you all out there deal with that cold. I'm as cold as I care ever to be.)

Well I went in the ditch for the first time in my history of driving. I was on my way in between schools for subbing and there was a patch of snow on the highway. I started swerving one way so I pulled back and turned completely around into the ditch. My car almost tipped on its side but luckily landed flat. My neck, back, and wrist hurt a little but I’m very lucky to be as safe as I am. Dh came to get me and dropped me off at the school so I could still sub. AAA is supposed to drop my car off here if they can get to it in time. We are supposed to get 3-5 more inches of snow and have 20-30 mph winds tomorrow. I’m so over this stupid winter
Oh my! So glad you are ok. So scary!

I am holding that sweet Chase Ink Cash card in my hands! I still get excited when a new card shows up - it's like a kid on Christmas over here!! :love::blush:::yes:::dance3:

Me too!! ... and the CIC is next on my list - have to wait until May to get below 5/24 though :(

In other news - DW got the 150k upgrade offer to Aspire this morning. Happy to take the opportunity - good timing too as we will be staying at a Hilton Resort next week so can use that $250 credit.

tenor.gif

AMEX wants all your love...or they won't love you in return... Sorry you're dealing with all of this, I want to say I understand, but you've treated them far better than I have and are still in essentially the same boat as me...

Man, I was just thinking that Amex is like a high maintenance girlfriend who done me wrong. I mean, I spend thousands of dollars on you every month, and you have me logging in on you all the time like some creeper, losing sleep at odd hours checking to see if you gonna send some love my way. But you ain't gonna, are you? You didn't even pop up to warn me that this relationship was on the rocks.

:charac2::sad:

You wanna play it that way? I'm going back to my best girl, Chase. As soon as she lets me back in the door.

Poo :( Has the SPG Biz been open for over a year? That's my pet theory right now. I feel somewhat confirmed based on some AmEx reps citing having the SPG Biz is stopping the bonus on the personal (which isn't a rule, but I wouldn't put it past them adding it to this pop up) and they've only had that open for less than a year.

AmEx is definitely firmly back into the "hate" side of this love/hate relationship. If they didn't have the Hilton cards too I'd probably go back to not caring about them again.
It really is amazing if you think about the last year or so... We all loved Chase...then we slowly started to hate Chase, but love AMEX... Now we are starting to love Chase again because at least they can communicate their needs effectively. AMEX cries in the corner and then keys your car...I can't be in a relationship like that. I hope AMEX achieves their goal here...because they're now actually angering LEGIT customers...

tumblr_mnmw4eZwC41r04fupo1_500.gif

Man, I was just thinking that Amex is like a high maintenance girlfriend who done me wrong. I mean, I spend thousands of dollars on you every month, and you have me logging in on you all the time like some creeper, losing sleep at odd hours checking to see if you gonna send some love my way. But you ain't gonna, are you? You didn't even pop up to warn me that this relationship was on the rocks.

:charac2::sad:

You wanna play it that way? I'm going back to my best girl, Chase. As soon as she lets me back in the door.

:rotfl2:

Hyatt moving some up to Cat 5 and some down to Cat 4, most notable to me is the Centric SF Wharf and Seattle Grand Hyatt moving up to 5. Centric is where I stayed last Sept and it was a great location and redemption, the property here because that was my backup for a staycation to use my free night cert. A couple in Chicago moving down to 4 and the Centric Waikiki moving down to 4 as well. Could be good options now.

Per MMS because it's slightly better than TPG and DoC hasn't posted yet.

Thank you for posting this. I'm relieved to see that they didn't change 'my' new Hyatt yet in Ocean City, Md. I fully expected it to pop up to a 5 because of the summer inflation. But it stayed at a 4, at least for this summer, so I'll be watching closely for next summer. @Ngwira stayed at Dewey Beach last year and that one has gone to a 5. I got the card just for this hotel so at least one more year of free night.

Thank you for posting this. I'm relieved to see that they didn't change 'my' new Hyatt yet in Ocean City, Md. I fully expected it to pop up to a 5 because of the summer inflation. But it stayed at a 4, at least for this summer, so I'll be watching closely for next summer. @Ngwira stayed at Dewey Beach last year and that one has gone to a 5. I got the card just for this hotel so at least one more year of free night.
We did stay at Dewey beach and it was fine. It's very close to the beach and free breakfast but NOT worth a category 5. I'm so mad about SF as I had planned to use a free night cert and 15, 000 points to stay at HFW next July! At least we get to stay at the Andaz San Diego using my free night cert. I've never stayed at an Andaz before...

Last edited:
thanks!

I shop sams and Costco, but was just comparing to sams and some stuff is about the same, other stuff a bit higher. I checked some snack items, TP, cat litter...
I just usually order sams online instead of Costco because of the portals.
Thanks for the reminder on the portals. I just ordered pancake mix and forgot. :mad:

But Tesla Guy writes for MMS!

And MMS is owned by Bankrate just like TPG!

I forgot about him. I know they're owned by the same and I lump them together because of it. To me TPG is all about the clickbait and regurgitating old articles to get more clicks and I don't see MMS do that which is why I chose their's instead. And they don't show up on tv like the words I can't use on the Dis TPG guy does. MMS is the lesser of two evils that just has a complete moron working for them that can't keep secrets. I would have used DoC but they haven't tweeted it yet.

It really is amazing if you think about the last year or so... We all loved Chase...then we slowly started to hate Chase, but love AMEX... Now we are starting to love Chase again because at least they can communicate their needs effectively. AMEX cries in the corner and then keys your car...I can't be in a relationship like that. I hope AMEX achieves their goal here...because they're now actually angering LEGIT customers...

Exactly! With a scarily accurate personification of AmEx there too :laughing:
But that's exactly what they're doing, just taking out legit users who could become total fanboys/gals. I think they were reading from your textbook earlier.

Exactly! With a scarily accurate personification of AmEx there too :laughing:
But that's exactly what they're doing, just taking out legit users who could become total fanboys/gals. I think they were reading from your textbook earlier.
Chapter 2...

How to anger loyal customers and drive them to the competition...open your books to page 50... LOL!

So glad your okay...stupid weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter