I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add that it's possible to stack eBags offers from more than 2 cards in the way I originally posted, but it's tedious and may not be for everyone. You'd use one card with the offer to buy a GC, apply that GC to a purchase where you pay the balance with a second card with the offer (ideally, the balance amount is the same as or not much more than the minimum amount required to trigger the offer). Then you return your purchase within 30 days of delivery and take an eBags Return Credit, which exempts you from the $7.95 per item restocking fee, but expires after one year. The eBags Return Credit is issued in the form of a GC-like code, which now combines the GC balance from the first card and amount paid on the second card, while letting you keep the original charges on the statements that triggered the Amex offer credit. Apply that eBags Return Credit to a larger purchase where you pay the balance with a third card with the offer, and so on.

I do not advocate for this method, but I'm putting this out there as a possibility. I hate that it's had to come to this, but eBags made a very customer unfriendly policy change when they stopped combining their GCs for their customers and still won't let you use more than one GC per transaction.

@amalone1013

The night owl in me was also up for the release. I honestly didn't see anything I really like that much so I didn't order anything. I do enjoy the Hunter rain jacket I got clearance. If something goes on sale it may be a different story!
Some of it was a bit too trendy/ugly for me. And two dresses I loved online were not so great in person.

tenor.gif

Colored plastic phones belong in the toy aisle!

71MjbmVtF2L._SR500,500_.jpg
Oh my, this reminds me that I need to tell everyone here after a lot of deliberation I actually SKIPPED UPGRADING MY iPHONE YESTERDAY *gasp* :faint: This is crazy because I have had every model iPhone on Verizon except the 5S. I was trying to pick a color and case combo before going to bed because the pre-order time changed and I honestly didn't like any of them. I realized it was because I didn't like the way the actual phone looked. The exclusion of 5G was also a big miss for me.

I know I will get it next year regardless of look and network connectivity, but this was a big decision for a proclaimed Apple fanboy. No Apple Card or iPhone 11 Pro Max this year. Can I even call myself a fanboy anymore!? :confused3

Good news - I see DH's CIP in informed delivery which means I can take on my trip tomorrow and work on spend.

Spending 3 days, starting tomorrow, in Baltimore at a professional meeting. Won't have much time for sightseeing or other things. These are the best trips as I get my SW points though I have to book through their travel agency so no spend reimbursement. I can charge the hotel and food on my credit card and get that reimbursed. We're staying at a Curio hotel. Difficult decision - DH Hilton Biz card for points or CIP for MSR??? I'm still Hilton Gold (at least in the app) though I cancelled my Hilton Biz in July. Looks like I can get 1000 bonus points per night instead of free breakfast. Since all food is getting reimbursed, I signed up for bonus points.

I did get an email to check in today - which seems early. I might do that as it says I can pick my room. I have been having really good room karma lately. In Denver and Breckenridge I got rooms at the end of the hall which were corner rooms. Very large and no neighbors on the one side. Very quiet. I much prefer that to being close to the elevator.

Bad news, I tried to take advantage of the Meijer offer on spend 150 on GC and get 10 off. They had variable VGC (with a cute flower pattern as well!) but when I went to buy, I needed either a debit card with pin or cash.>:(. The other gift cards I have gotten there must have been regular store or restaurant cards as I haven't run into that before.

Makes me feel like buying it with cash, then buying a $150 worth of groceries 1 item at a time.

Oh my, this reminds me that I need to tell everyone here after a lot of deliberation I actually SKIPPED UPGRADING MY iPHONE YESTERDAY *gasp* :faint: This is crazy because I have had every model iPhone on Verizon except the 5S. I was trying to pick a color and case combo before going to bed because the pre-order time changed and I honestly didn't like any of them. I realized it was because I didn't like the way the actual phone looked. The exclusion of 5G was also a big miss for me.

I know I will get it next year regardless of look and network connectivity, but this was a big decision for a proclaimed Apple fanboy. No Apple Card or iPhone 11 Pro Max this year. Can I even call myself a fanboy anymore!? :confused3
I cannot say the same LOL, I have the 256 Green Pro Max heading my way in early October :-). 3 years without a new phone was apparently too much for me. And I had an unexpected bonus coming and a new MSR to meet LOL.

I cannot say the same LOL, I have the 256 Green Pro Max heading my way in early October :-). 3 years without a new phone was apparently too much for me. And I had an unexpected bonus coming and a new MSR to meet LOL.
3 years is a long time for mobile devices! I remember my 2016 pre-order was a jet black iPhone 7 Plus. That was honestly my favorite iPhone I have ever had. So sleek! It hurt parting with it only after 1 year for a smaller iPhone X. If I did not already have a XS Max I would have wanted the larger screen size again and would have pulled the trigger. Good luck with your new device! I can't wait to hear about the camera. It does look spectacular... but I guess I will find out in 2020 😳

Yes, I’m not sure if it’s because there’s the nonstop from Glasgow to Toronto or some other reason but using miles was only 30K for those flights instead of I think 57.5K and higher fees. Fees are always high flying out of the UK but GLA was definitely cheaper.

Are you planning to book cash (or URs) or use miles?
Whatever is the better deal I guess. I only have URs at the moment but will cash them out if that works out better for us.

Yes, I’m not sure if it’s because there’s the nonstop from Glasgow to Toronto or some other reason but using miles was only 30K for those flights instead of I think 57.5K and higher fees. Fees are always high flying out of the UK but GLA was definitely cheaper.

Are you planning to book cash (or URs) or use miles?

Glasgow is currently my DD’s top choice for university, so good to hear that Glasgow might be more economical for flights than Edinburgh (although I plan to push her a little toward Edinburgh if she gets in, lol).

Eh, we passed, too. And DH seemed sure we'd get them this time around. Frankly, we don't see the need. The 256 7s we have are still working fine. We have a lot of Apple products in our home, but haven't been wowed by the upgrades lately.

Don't feel too bad. If you really want one, you can get one later.

I just realized something pretty neat - due to a recent PC of a card to a CFU, my wife currently holds one of EVERY UR card haha.

CIP, CIC, CIU, CSR, CSP, CF, CFU.

That’s pretty awesome to me for some reason! 😆

Chase Heptafecta™

P.S. I’m going to trademark Chase Septafecta™ too, because Chase Heptafecta sounds like it could be a disease.

Last edited:
I just realized something pretty neat - due to a recent PC of a card to a CFU, my wife currently holds one of EVERY UR card haha.

CIP, CIC, CIU, CSR, CSP, CF, CFU.

That’s pretty awesome to me for some reason! 😆
I was wondering about that for the future too. After having a card for one year or longer - why is it better to PC it vs. closing it and opening a new card of whichever one you would PC to?

I was wondering about that for the future too. After having a card for one year or longer - why is it better to PC it vs. closing it and opening a new card of whichever one you would PC to?
tenor.gif

LOL! 😂 😂 😂 😂

Seriously though... It's just how things evolved over time. 2 of those cards are from back in our early churning days of 2015. My wife had a CSP/CF combo (before CSR and CFU even existed). Then she had 2 CFs (which can be nice to have multiple 5% cards if the right category comes around). Then when she got under 5/24 she rolled through CIP, CSP, CSR, CIC, CIU. Many of these cards haven't hit their anniversary yet so that will force some different moves.

But honestly, with no AF on CF, CFU, CIC, CIU - I might as well keep them all open and reduce CLs. That way if I have a use for them, they're there. I can also PC them to other cards later if that's necessary. It's really an art more than a science. There's isn't a clear "right answer" to when to PC or keep open. People all handle things differently. Once you get that deep, people typically have a handle on what they're doing and can make the right decision for themselves.

tenor.gif

LOL! 😂 😂 😂 😂

Seriously though... It's just how things evolved over time. 2 of those cards are from back in our early churning days of 2015. My wife had a CSP/CF combo (before CSR and CFU even existed). Then she had 2 CFs (which can be nice to have multiple 5% cards if the right category comes around). Then when she got under 5/24 she rolled through CIP, CSP, CSR, CIC, CIU. Many of these cards haven't hit their anniversary yet so that will force some different moves.

But honestly, with no AF on CF, CFU, CIC, CIU - I might as well keep them all open and reduce CLs. That way if I have a use for them, they're there. I can also PC them to other cards later if that's necessary. It's really an art more than a science. There's isn't a clear "right answer" to when to PC or keep open. People all handle things differently. Once you get that deep, people typically have a handle on what they're doing and can make the right decision for themselves.
I imagine it is also good to keep a variety for support clicks. 1 on a CIP or CSP would easily justify the AF.

What brand of covers do you use?

If I get a shiny new carryon I was thinking I’d get a basic cover that I could throw on in the event I have to gate check.

I’ve never paid attention to the brands. I just go on Amazon and do a search for luggage covers and pick whatever design I like. I try to stick with the more inexpensive ones since they are going to get destroyed anyhow. But better the laughs cover than my luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter