I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered two sets of packing cubes so DH and I can have our own colors... :rotfl:

Decided I wanted to get that order in, but didn't want to lose my AMEX offer, so I bought a $100 eGC. Had $16.10 in rewards points so I paid $57.18 from my 20% off GC, plus ~$11.85 back from TCB = $34 net with tax. Earned another $3.50 in reward points lol.

Free shoprunner shipping means they should come Wednesday, so may not get to use them this trip... on the other hand, sometimes I get ebags stuff next day because they are based out of CO I guess.

Ordered two sets of packing cubes so DH and I can have our own colors... :rotfl:

Decided I wanted to get that order in, but didn't want to lose my AMEX offer, so I bought a $100 eGC. Had $16.10 in rewards points so I paid $57.18 from my 20% off GC, plus ~$11.85 back from TCB = $34 net with tax. Earned another $3.50 in reward points lol.

Free shoprunner shipping means they should come Wednesday, so may not get to use them this trip... on the other hand, sometimes I get ebags stuff next day because they are based out of CO I guess.
Which ones did you with? I need more for DS and me. DH won’t use them.

tenor.gif

LOL! 😂 😂 😂 😂

Seriously though... It's just how things evolved over time. 2 of those cards are from back in our early churning days of 2015. My wife had a CSP/CF combo (before CSR and CFU even existed). Then she had 2 CFs (which can be nice to have multiple 5% cards if the right category comes around). Then when she got under 5/24 she rolled through CIP, CSP, CSR, CIC, CIU. Many of these cards haven't hit their anniversary yet so that will force some different moves.

But honestly, with no AF on CF, CFU, CIC, CIU - I might as well keep them all open and reduce CLs. That way if I have a use for them, they're there. I can also PC them to other cards later if that's necessary. It's really an art more than a science. There's isn't a clear "right answer" to when to PC or keep open. People all handle things differently. Once you get that deep, people typically have a handle on what they're doing and can make the right decision for themselves.
Ok, I will look into more once I am in one year plus. And by then like you said I will have a handle on what I am doing.

Which ones did you with? I need more for DS and me. DH won’t use them.
I did the classic 6pc sets that have 3 of the slims and 1 sm/med/lg. I like the slim ultralights but they feel to deep for summer clothing to me, so I thought I'd like those better, and also I'll put DHs shirts in his slims now :D

Part of the decision is I did think to just order the 3 packs of each size, in the same colors, but 1. It would be cheaper to do the 6pk I did plus the 6pk that is 2 sm/med/lg, that is $70 which was the cheapest way to get 3 of each size and then 2. I think I will like having multiple slims especially since we are using the motherlode jr backpacks a lot.

Speaking of packing cubes, this made me laugh today... came across an article saying THIS BRAND IS THE BEST KIND EVER. (something Rose, I'm too lazy to go look again). So I had to go look and see what was so special about these cubes that look just like the slim size Ebags sells.

They are numbered and 'color-coded' aka you get 2 red and 2 grey. For organization! Because obviously if you have trouble remembering what you put in each cube, sewing a tag that says 1 on it will solve all of your problems! lol. I do get that this would be helpful to some, and some may even make a master list to refer to or something. But... you could just... do that yourself... Anyways, they were pretty much the same size as the slim cubes from Ebags, which currently you can get a 3 pack for $20.29. These ones were 4 for $35 or $40. It's expensive to be organized!

Part of the decision is I did think to just order the 3 packs of each size, in the same colors, but 1. It would be cheaper to do the 6pk I did plus the 6pk that is 2 sm/med/lg, that is $70 which was the cheapest way to get 3 of each size and then 2. I think I will like having multiple slims especially since we are using the motherlode jr backpacks a lot.
I got the Motherlode Jr a few months ago and DH hates it. He prefers carry-on suitcases we can pull and a regular backpack. He kept complaining how heavy it was. I really liked how organized I was but since I am not the one lugging it around, I need to concede.

To finish up my travel hacking spending for the day I used up my Staples offers. I had the spend $40 get 1,500 MR at Staples on 4 cards. No problems doing 4 separate transactions and picking up Amazon and Disney GC's. 6,000 more MR coming my way! I also have 4 of the spend $75 at Amazon and get 2,000 MR and completed one of those. 3 more to go. So that makes 10,000 bonus MRs for the day with Amex offers with the earlier EBags purchase. Now to see if there is anything at Dell I want for the $100 credit on the Amex business Plat card.

Oh my, this reminds me that I need to tell everyone here after a lot of deliberation I actually SKIPPED UPGRADING MY iPHONE YESTERDAY *gasp* :faint: This is crazy because I have had every model iPhone on Verizon except the 5S. I was trying to pick a color and case combo before going to bed because the pre-order time changed and I honestly didn't like any of them. I realized it was because I didn't like the way the actual phone looked. The exclusion of 5G was also a big miss for me.

I know I will get it next year regardless of look and network connectivity, but this was a big decision for a proclaimed Apple fanboy. No Apple Card or iPhone 11 Pro Max this year. Can I even call myself a fanboy anymore!? :confused3

I am considering the 11. Is there a reason I shouldn’t? I have been to the store 3 times this year telling myself I was going to upgrade and left without doing it. I am currently on a 4 year old 6. I want a better camera mostly. I have never bought a new release one. I was going to buy the XS after the release but the 11 is cheaper. And I am confused why. Lol

I was wondering about that for the future too. After having a card for one year or longer - why is it better to PC it vs. closing it and opening a new card of whichever one you would PC to?
We recently had this dilemma also, as DH's CSR/CSP hit 1 yr. I had him PC the CSP to CFU to keep him at 4/24 for a new Chase business card. There was a potential $200 bonus on a new CFU, but the 80,000 UR plus 20,000 for referral is worth more to us.

Plastiq question - I thought, as of July, a Visa could be used for tax payments. Is that only for federal taxes? I tried to submit a MA tax payment with a Visa and it wouldn't let me do it.

Plastiq question - I thought, as of July, a Visa could be used for tax payments. Is that only for federal taxes? I tried to submit a MA tax payment with a Visa and it wouldn't let me do it.
I had no problem using Plastiq for my county property taxes in July.

Y'all are enablers! Used DH and DM's amex offers and have a new checked bag (the big brother of my new international carry on) and 6 more packing cubes-1 set of large purple, 1 set of medium raspberry. I actually prefer the old school ebags packing cubes because I'm always worried the "light" ones will break when I over stuff them. I don't worry about weight since if I'm using checked bags/packing cubes, I'm usually flying up front and I've never been charged an overweight fee (knock on wood) even when overweight (both the bag and moi, lol). So my preference is the heavier and sturdier (they seem) packing cubes. And while I do think I have a problem with buying too many packing cubes, in my defense there are several sitting in a dorm room in MA since DD absconded with them.

I also eschewed the AA portal and went with cash back- 18% on mr rebates was pretty good. 4000 MRs, new pretty packing cubes, new checked bag and $39 in cash, and I'm feeling pretty good.

@Judique or @Lain Do I need to do a physical WHBM GC for the AmEx offer to track? It looks like eGC go through cashstar.

@Judique says she bought an eGC and it credited:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61034186
I always buy physical to avoid doubt over things like third-party processors. If buying an eGC redirects you to a site running on Cashstar, I’d personally avoid the risk of it not crediting and order a physical card.

I joined the eBags enabled club! I purchased the $100 GC to use my $20 off via TopCashBack. Then went back through TCB and purchased 3 sets of packing cubes and a new carry-on, applied the $100, DH’s $20 offer and the eBag points I had. Can I say I like using AmEx Express at check-out so that I don’t need to enter all of my information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter