I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they keep having solid bookings they can certainly keep going up more but oof. That afterfireworks took a jump. Rumored prices are as follows:
Terrace $84 to $99
Plaza Garden $69 to $79
After Fireworks $69 to $89
I really like the parties and really hate squishing in the hub but jeez, it basically doubles your admission price for the day if you are buying tickets. I don't even like sweets much. If they'd add more savory options I'd probably do it every trip.

Coming out of longtime lurkdom. First, a HUGE thank you to all of the generous members of the this thread for sharing their knowledge and experience with everyone. I’m regularly amazed by the thoughtful and expansive answers you all provide, even when you possibly answered the same questions before. I’ve been reading since the old thread was young and have enjoyed the chit chat and banter—it’s truly a community of caring friends that you have here. One of the things I enjoy most is reading how you all redeem the points you accumulate— I am inspired by your stories and hope to experience some of the wonderful destinations that you do. I’d like to join the reddit dischurners group to be able to possibly use support links, keep up with the news and read about “advanced techniques” even though I’ll probably always be a very slow and cautious churner—my P2 is not just reluctant, he’s pretty much adamantly opposed, lol. @SouthFayetteFan would you please PM me so I can join? I don’t really do Reddit, but I created an account and have a name now. Thanks!

Editing to add my reddit name is MoeZele
Welcome! Just to make it a bit faster for @SouthFayetteFan when he comes up from the basement this morning, you can edit your post and include your reddit name. I've also been reading since the beginning but just joined reddit in the last couple of days.
Thanks @Judique for the mention! Also Welcome @TheMickeys :D I just got you setup for DISchurners.

Using the SW work around I just booked flights for 5 to Tampa for after Christmas. The prices showing for the tickets are $450 and $213 and I got them both for $100, well the points equivalent. We will use our Marriott 7 day cert that I wasn't sure what to do with. So total out of pocket for a week plus flights is $56. Yay!!! I still have the Busch Garden tickets from the Daily deal so we will use those. I always wanted to go to the Three Sisters spring to view the manatees so we will do that one day. I am sure we will find things to do on the other days. We will see if we are still talking after a week crammed into one room. haha

Does anyone have a specific travel wallet they like? I'm debating... Remember when I went on my travel bag shopping spree? :o The bad news is, I missed the return window on two bags that I bought locally. The good news, they were only $25-$30 each?

Anyways, neither of these have a built in wallet section, and I am pretty sure I will keep one for non-Disney trips. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/one that they really like? I remember @Haley R's for her Japan trip, and am looking at that too.

The bag I went with Disney trips has a Velcro flap and one of the patches is half pulled off already though, which annoys me. I contacted Travelon today to see if they will do anything.
I LOVE my travel wallet. For anyone that doesn’t know which one I got here’s the link: Dakine Women's Travel Sleeve, Zion https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMMHWCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yJ5EDbK8MMYNX

Just got out of Downton Abbey and I LOVED IT!! Very cute story and very true to the series. Everyone in it had their own cute little plot point and several laugh out loud moments throughout. Definitely recommend for fans of the series!

Also, I’m not sure if they just did it for this special showing or not, but they did a nice series recap before the movie.

We also caught the special "Fan Event" screening last night, and each of us got a cute little snow globe. Loved seeing it with the fans, who clapped and laughed at all the cutting little quips, especially from old lady Grantham. My wife loved it, and I'll say what I've always said about Julian Fellowes – the man is a master of fan service, the movie was thoroughly satisfying and leaves all the characters we care about in a happy place. The series didn't need a movie, but the movie is still fantastic. The movie doesn't need a sequel, but I really wouldn't mind if Julian Fellowes has another story to tell about Downton. I remarked to my wife afterward how much I appreciated Downtown Abbey, the series and the film, compared to the clusterf*ck of GoT Season 8.

Definitely beats a hurricane.....Not sure why but myDH is watching this...we arrive Wednesday...bringing our ponchos since this time of year I expect rain every day at some point
Idk about Orlando but I’m on the east coast and we haven’t had rain since Dorian. It’s been so hot and dry here

Our wedding photographer just cancelled on us for "personal reasons." :badpc: :furious: But mostly :sad: Our wedding planner is going to send some other options later but I really do not want to go through all of this again.
Oh no! I can share some affordable reccomendations if you'd like to reach out!

Question (this isn't my scenario,but my brother) if he got a CSP 2 years ago and his wife was AU, she's still eligible for her own CSP bonus now,correct? The Au rules get me confused at times....

Good Morning!
P2 is still under review for his first Citibiz app. It's been 3 days. Is this a bad sign for him? He has no other Citicards.

Also for anyone that has the SW priority card. Do perks reset when the AF hits or when I hit a year of the upgrade. May I upgraded and got the points. August (original anniversary date from original card) AF hit.

I really like the parties and really hate squishing in the hub but jeez, it basically doubles your admission price for the day if you are buying tickets. I don't even like sweets much. If they'd add more savory options I'd probably do it every trip.
I was thinking of trying a dessert party in March since it will be ds's fiancee's first WDW trip, even though with all the food allergies most of our group won't eat much. But with this price increase, no way.

(I still would pay pretty much anything for a SWGE special event :laughing: )

My plan was to do Discovery Cove/Sea World next February on a school break, but for the past few months Discovery Cove is not showing up on the UR Portal past 12/31. So we will probably just change that trip to Universal. Well yesterday I was able to book SW for 12/26-12/31 for cheap. I'm not sure I'll even keep it, but my question is how busy is SeaWorld during that time? I think DC would be ok because I think they do limit to amount of tickets they sell. We really enjoyed our trip to SeaWorld, but a huge part of that was being able to ride all the rides with less than a 10 minute wait. This was in March and we found the crowds at our one day at Disney and even traffic and the outlets way too busy for our liking. But SeaWorld was great. Has anyone been to SeaWorld during Christmas break?

Going back to the ebags suitcase discussion, I need suggestions. My MIL needs a roller suitcase for a check on. She is in her 80's so I need to to be lightweight and not huge. I think a soft side would be better for her. She never travels, so I'm not sure what type of a packer she is. I just know I refuse to to lug around one of her old suitcases that does not have wheels.

I loooooove period dramas. Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, The Crown... sign me up. Even though I have no skill for sewing or anything, I've always been really into historical costume design. So all of those shows are fascinating to me to see what they're dressing them in.

Come on! Victoria? Poldark?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter