I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming out of longtime lurkdom. First, a HUGE thank you to all of the generous members of the this thread for sharing their knowledge and experience with everyone. I’m regularly amazed by the thoughtful and expansive answers you all provide, even when you possibly answered the same questions before. I’ve been reading since the old thread was young and have enjoyed the chit chat and banter—it’s truly a community of caring friends that you have here. One of the things I enjoy most is reading how you all redeem the points you accumulate— I am inspired by your stories and hope to experience some of the wonderful destinations that you do. I’d like to join the reddit dischurners group to be able to possibly use support links, keep up with the news and read about “advanced techniques” even though I’ll probably always be a very slow and cautious churner—my P2 is not just reluctant, he’s pretty much adamantly opposed, lol. @SouthFayetteFan would you please PM me so I can join? I don’t really do Reddit, but I created an account and have a name now. Thanks!

Welcome! Just to make it a bit faster for @SouthFayetteFan when he comes up from the basement this morning, you can edit your post and include your reddit name. I've also been reading since the beginning but just joined reddit in the last couple of days.

If I book DH's SW fee with the CSR and mine as companion with the SW priority credit will that work for insurance purposes? I am thinking that if something happens the CSR covers his ticket and since mine is companion they have to switch me with him. Am I thinking of this right? Need to finish off the credit.

Coming out of longtime lurkdom. First, a HUGE thank you to all of the generous members of the this thread for sharing their knowledge and experience with everyone. I’m regularly amazed by the thoughtful and expansive answers you all provide, even when you possibly answered the same questions before. I’ve been reading since the old thread was young and have enjoyed the chit chat and banter—it’s truly a community of caring friends that you have here. One of the things I enjoy most is reading how you all redeem the points you accumulate— I am inspired by your stories and hope to experience some of the wonderful destinations that you do. I’d like to join the reddit dischurners group to be able to possibly use support links, keep up with the news and read about “advanced techniques” even though I’ll probably always be a very slow and cautious churner—my P2 is not just reluctant, he’s pretty much adamantly opposed, lol. @SouthFayetteFan would you please PM me so I can join? I don’t really do Reddit, but I created an account and have a name now. Thanks!

:welcome:

Serve question...I have transfers funds to my bank account before and they usually show up in a day or two. Did a transfer on Tuesday that is still showing as pending...do the transfers sometimes take longer ?

You're right Judique. It's the Ocean City Hilton, just a few blocks north of the Hyatt you and I spoke about a couple months back (I'm starting to think I should just go back there for a much better value, but my kids want to try something different).

Think I'm going to lock this in like you said. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid.

I'm finishing up spend to get this booked for next summer too! I'm planning to use 2 free weekend nights and 2 nights booked with points. We stayed here a few years ago, it's our favorite Ocean City hotel. The kids love the pool there. I'm looking at the Hyatt for summer 2021.

Serve question...I have transfers funds to my bank account before and they usually show up in a day or two. Did a transfer on Tuesday that is still showing as pending...do the transfers sometimes take longer ?

I don't think I can take these bank transfers. Finally doing my first bank bonus with the Discover one and I have $9000 floating in space somewhere. I don't like this feeling. And I have to try to do this again and again to max at $25k. Ughhhhhh I am not doing another one that involves so many transfers. I didn't realize they take so long. I did it 2 days ago and it is not guaranteed to be in there till next week. I am not sure I am even going to make the $15k bonus at this rate. On my credit union end I know the person that allows the transfers to happen. She is going to be wondering what in the world we are doing. I still have my VGC and haven't tried Serve yet. lol I will probably lose them before I become brave.

I don't think I can take these bank transfers. Finally doing my first bank bonus with the Discover one and I have $9000 floating in space somewhere. I don't like this feeling. And I have to try to do this again and again to max at $25k. Ughhhhhh I am not doing another one that involves so many transfers. I didn't realize they take so long. I did it 2 days ago and it is not guaranteed to be in there till next week. I am not sure I am even going to make the $15k bonus at this rate. On my credit union end I know the person that allows the transfers to happen. She is going to be wondering what in the world we are doing. I still have my VGC and haven't tried Serve yet. lol I will probably lose them before I become brave.
The money in limbo thing is a little disconcerting. My "hub" bank posts things really fast, so the idea that transfers would take days and days was new to me too. On the other hand, a magical $200 or $300 or whatever showing up in my bank account does help soothe my troubled banking soul. Bank bonuses definitely require more planning and patience - I only do them a few times a year, when the payoff is worth the angst!

Last edited:
Agree...this may not be for me..lol...just started this and the other 3 transfers appeared in my account quickly...

Phew. Finally caught up. It's been hard to keep up while on vacation.

I want to say to the people who ask about short layovers at LHR or CDG - it's not a good idea. We had no choice this time, since the trip wasn't booked far in advance, but running long distances to make a flight is never fun. And even though our plane landed early, we exited late since the jetway was broken and it took quite a while for them to bring stairs. I just wouldn't risk it unless you have to. We did make it with time to spare, but no time for the fancy lounge, which kind of makes me sad.

You all are giving me eBags FOMO. I just can't think of anything I need. I think the Tumi Int'l hard suitcase is really pretty, but I don't need it. The Briggs bags held up really well, again, and I can't see a reason to replace mine. I'll still need to go take a peek I guess.

Also want to give a big shoutout to @Albort who kindly and patiently helped me unload a ton of AA GCs this week. :goodvibes

I’ve never seen any of those lol. I like awkward comedies like the office and parks and rec. I also like friends, riverdale, and vampire diaries.

I didn't think I'd like it when my Mom handed me the Season 1 Downton Abbey DVDs. Nobody I knew watched it, it was relatively new, and the DVDs came from her British neighbor who wanted to share her new find. I LOVED it and watched all the rest of the seasons. I'd say give season one a try - it's really fun and not at all boring.

dang! Didn’t think to check that! Did you use the link with the 30% off coupon embedded? They had the cashback link and then they had the link with the cashback + coupon.
Yes! It pays to click around. I ended up going with AA miles for one purchase as they have a bonus going on. I made another purchase with CF for 10x points.

I have a Serve transfer pending also. It’s either from Tuesday or Wednesday and it’s my first time transferring from Serve to my new US Bank checking acct. When I have transferred from Serve to my credit union account it usually takes a couple days. It’s the same when I transfer from PayPal. But I’ve been checking for this particular transfer obsessively since it’s part of my dd requirement to get the US Bank bonus.

TopCashBack is showing ebags at 22% cashback for online purchases (28% Tumi) and the 30% coupon. Which is great because I legit (I swear!) need another set of packing cubes...
Thank you! I was able to grab that motherlode I was waiting to ask for for Christmas now! I had the $20 amex offer plus the 22% at TCB, and the motherlode was marked down to $89. I had to add a luggage tag for $5 to get the total over $100 for the amex offer, but DD3 needed one anyways. My new motherlode should come out to about $50. What a deal!

If I book DH's SW fee with the CSR and mine as companion with the SW priority credit will that work for insurance purposes? I am thinking that if something happens the CSR covers his ticket and since mine is companion they have to switch me with him. Am I thinking of this right? Need to finish off the credit.
I think that's fine. When I had to use our CSR insurance, only one of our tickets was under the CSR. That gave us plenty of coverage for hotel, rental car, meals etc. SW booked us on the flight the next day.

Does anyone have a specific travel wallet they like? I'm debating... Remember when I went on my travel bag shopping spree? :o The bad news is, I missed the return window on two bags that I bought locally. The good news, they were only $25-$30 each?

Anyways, neither of these have a built in wallet section, and I am pretty sure I will keep one for non-Disney trips. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/one that they really like? I remember @Haley R's for her Japan trip, and am looking at that too.

The bag I went with Disney trips has a Velcro flap and one of the patches is half pulled off already though, which annoys me. I contacted Travelon today to see if they will do anything.

Can't help much with the wallet since I use a small Kate Spade one. But the reason I like it is because it's got a keychain ring attached and my bag has a strap with a hook so I attach the two and don't have to worry I'll accidentally leave my wallet somewhere. I also like that it's small and holds the cards I need. Only issue is the zipper pouch in the middle is small so if I've got too much cash it can get caught in the zipper. Generally not an issue though.

OHHHH I was just looking at Aruba! We're a family of 6 as well. Are you going to get 2 rooms? I cant figure out how to make it happen....we're looking at March 15-20th for Spring Break.
I can't do 2 rooms and stay at Hilton. Well, I could, but I'd wipe out a ton of points and I am stashing them for Grand Wailea. How old are your kids? My DD20 may or may not come. I was thinking if she comes we bring or buy some sort of air mattress. DD3 could fit in a crib. That is so redneck, but 80k points a night per room is soooo steep. Someone from this thread has been to that Hilton and said I'd have no issues sneaking in more than occupancy. I wouldn't try that at Grand Wailea though. I plan on 2 rooms there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter