I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so tomorrow is my big day to app for P2 CIP2..... I want to make sure I have this right.... generate refer link from my CIP- app thru that- as soon as we get approval (not sure if it will take a while) we SM thru our acct page for expedited? or does P2 need to call in? And then I'd like to pc P2's CIP #1 to a CIC (to use at office supply stores).... then I plan to repeat the process in reverse for myself (P1) when I'm ready for another MSR.... sound right?

What night did you have the room for and what hotel/price did you pay? Maybe we can help you find a comparable deal.

Edited to add: we did the drive from TPA to WDW before and it couldn’t be easier. Would do again in a heartbeat if the price was right. I know a great restaurant in the area too if you make a stop.
I was at $65/night AofA via PLE deal 9/3-7.

Thinking of you @Haley R and @*WDW*Groupie* - hope you are safe it must be so hard deciding what to do

@disneymagicgirl im bummed for you hope you can rebook your trio soon and @amalone hope you figure it all out!!

OK tell me if I’m crazy. What if I was considering a way to get WDW tix.

1. Book at cheap Delta vacation - thinking ATL-MCO and 2 nights in cheapest hotel
Cost is $681

2. Add on WDW flex park hopper tix to package (must have 4 people on reservation to get 4 tix) can get up to 10 days cost $3092, package total is $3924 with insurance

3. Pay the travel insurance $232

5. Cancel said package for a travel voucher to use in one year

4. WDW tix are non refundable so you’d have to keep those right??

5. Pay with miles so for 4 flex Disney park tickets 10 day hoppers it would cost $3092 plus eat the $232 fee so and cost me 166KMRs. So I’d essentially be getting a value of 4 10 day hopper tickets for $1660? I could then upgrade to APs? Not sure the cost on that?
Plus I’d have a $681 delta and paid 196K MRs for the total equivalant of $1960

Am I missing something??
I don't know if this is a good strategy or not. I've been looking at something similar myself, and I think I'm going to pass because there is too much uncertainty. I wanted to let you know that when I was searching the cheapest flight/hotel option was 2/4/20 - 2/6/20 from Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO). This was a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure the flight + hotel option was under $400 for 4 travelers.

Interesting read I saw on DoC from Frequent Miler who is trying to cancel one of these DL vacation packages. It sounds like a serious pain. That’s a must read if you’re thinking about canceling.
Yes I read this. My takeaway was get the trip insurance and eat the fee. If the tickets end up being non refundable I come out ahead.
If I get back a voucher or miles redeposited for the rest it doesn’t matter but I’d come out ahead with a voucher as long as I can use it in a year which shouldn’t be a problem for us since DL is an ok option to fly

I don't know if this is a good strategy or not. I've been looking at something similar myself, and I think I'm going to pass because there is too much uncertainty. I wanted to let you know that when I was searching the cheapest flight/hotel option was 2/4/20 - 2/6/20 from Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO). This was a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure the flight + hotel option was under $400 for 4 travelers.
Ok great good to know! A lot of uncertainty. If it all worked out it would be a good deal for tickets though right? Is my math fuzzy?

@mom2elal - I want to thank you again for the tip on those discounted Hamilton tickets!

We saw last night's show, and it was brilliant! My wife loved the show and thought it was so clever and funny. I thought the lyrics and dialogue were sharp and cutting, timely in that many of the political conflicts from the founding of our country are still with us today, people continue to be flawed creatures with jealousies, agendas, pride and weaknesses, the music sticks with you even as the performers sing and rap so fast you try to grasp at every other word, and the performances were full of passion and energy. Loved loved LOVED King George III! Also the duo of Jefferson and Madison! Man, I hated the Jefferson character, but Simon Longnight played him like the flamboyant Ruby Rhod from The Fifth Element, and his beanpole figure next to Brandon Louis Armstrong's much rounder Madison made for a hilarious pair whenever they shared the stage!

It's been years since my wife and I caught a Broadway show. Last night reminded us how much we love and missed live musical theater. There's an energy to a live performance, with all the costuming, music, lighting and physical moving sets, and of course the actors, that can't be replicated on screen. This was my daughter's first show! My girl was wide-eyed and at the edge of her booster seat for the whole first half of the show, but the poor thing couldn't quite make it through the second half. Probably a good thing, since I won't have to explain the whole Reynolds affair, or that the star of the show
DIES

THANKS AGAIN!

I posted in the fp thread this morning but haven't gotten an answer. I was up and ready to do my fp and was able to do the 1st 3 days but not the last 2.

We have 2 nights at coranado and then 3 at the hilton that's probably advertised above by the dis and has 60 day fp. It's linked to mde and showa up. I thought because they were both 60 day and linked I'd be able to do link of stay. Is it because it's a 60 day off site hotel it's not letting me or some other reason. Wdw is the last place I want to try and contact today but I would have been able to get fop and sdd on my 4th and 5th days, hopefully still can on monday I guess.

I just did a thing: Norwegian (never sailed them) is doing a $50 deposit sale. So I booked DH and myself on an October 2021 sailing of the Greek Isles from Venice. I'm 50/50 on keeping this cruise or we might change. But I liked the idea of getting something on the calendar and held for so cheap! Now I've got to figure out which miles are the best to get us to Venice... and how many I need, etc.

I posted in the fp thread this morning but haven't gotten an answer. I was up and ready to do my fp and was able to do the 1st 3 days but not the last 2.

We have 2 nights at coranado and then 3 at the hilton that's probably advertised above by the dis and has 60 day fp. It's linked to mde and showa up. I thought because they were both 60 day and linked I'd be able to do link of stay. Is it because it's a 60 day off site hotel it's not letting me or some other reason. Wdw is the last place I want to try and contact today but I would have been able to get fop and sdd on my 4th and 5th days, hopefully still can on monday I guess.

I’m sure someone who has experienced this can answer in more detail and confirm, but I believe it’s because it’s multiple stays. For your second stay it doesn’t recognize that you’re in your 60 day window. I believe you may be able to call in but I’m guessing the lines are still pretty slammed with folks rescheduling due to Dorian. If you have an AP you could try calling the passholder line.

Edited. More info here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337492
Edited again:

It sounds like you should definitely be able to book for entire length of stay although I’m not surprised it’s not working as it’s supposed to...

“As before, for multiple back-to-back onsite stays at Disney-owned resorts (or any resorts that qualify for the 60-day advance window) the booking window will open 60 days before the check-in date of the first stay and extend until the checkout date of the last stay.”

Last edited:
Quick question - would you do a flight with only a 30 minute later at DFW on American? It's either that or a 2.5 hour layover. I'd hate to miss the connection, but 2.5 hour long layover with kids at 7 am seems rough. WWYD? It's a 7:05 am flight or 8:50 am flight next July. Thanks for any feedback!

What would I do?

Opt for the 2.5 hr layover. Utilize my Platinum card to access the Centurion Lounge, sign up for a spa appointment, grab breakfast and coffee, take turns keeping the kids occupied in the family room while the other adult enjoys a massage, manicure, or facial, or takes a shower.

I don’t know if you have a Platinum/Business Platinum card or if you’re planning to open one in the next year, but I’ve said many times that Centurion Lounge access is my favorite perk of this card. But I also don’t know how much use you’d get out of this perk beyond the layover in DFW, or any of the Platinum cards’ other benefits, so I wouldn’t recommend getting one if that one layover is the reason. Another problem, I think for your family, is a Platinum card allows complimentary access for only the cardmember and two guests (children under 2 are free), and any additional guest either needs their own Platinum card (or AU, which costs $) or you’ll need to pay $50 for a day pass, which might be a bit much for 2 hours.

Last edited:
I can’t say I’m an expert on what’s going on here, but doesn’t a flight + car package work with this promotion?
I guess I was going with the terms listed on DoC and not seeing the option for double points pop up for car/flights when I searched. Has the car option been discussed anywhere that I missed? I sometimes miss things when skimming!

I’m sure someone who has experienced this can answer in more detail and confirm, but I believe it’s because it’s multiple stays. For your second stay it doesn’t recognize that you’re in your 60 day window. I believe you may be able to call in but I’m guessing the lines are still pretty slammed with folks rescheduling due to Dorian. If you have an AP you could try calling the passholder line.

Edited. More info here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337492
Edited again:

It sounds like you should definitely be able to book for entire length of stay although I’m not surprised it’s not working as it’s supposed to...

“As before, for multiple back-to-back onsite stays at Disney-owned resorts (or any resorts that qualify for the 60-day advance window) the booking window will open 60 days before the check-in date of the first stay and extend until the checkout date of the last stay.”

That's what I read and what I thought. Maybe I can try chat after the gym. I feel like I need IT not cs. What's the passholder line? Didn't know there was one.

That's what I read and what I thought. Maybe I can try chat after the gym. I feel like I need IT not cs. What's the passholder line? Didn't know there was one.

From WDW Newz Today (censored site that shall not be named!):

The V.I.PASSHOLDER Support service is available to all Passholders seven days a week, from 7am to 11pm, by calling the number at (407) 939-7277. The online chat is available at disneyworld.com/passholder-program and the email address is disney world.disney.go.com/help/email/annual-passholder/.

What would I do?

Opt for the 2.5 hr layover. Utilize my Platinum card to access the Centurion Lounge, sign up for a spa appointment, grab breakfast and coffee, take turns keeping the kids occupied in the family room while the other adult enjoys a massage, manicure, or facial, or take a shower.

I don’t know if you have a Platinum/Business Platinum card or if you’re planning to open one in the next year, but I’ve said many times that Centurion Lounge access is my favorite perk of this card. But I also don’t know how much use you’d get out of this perk beyond the layover in DFW, or any of the Platinum card’s other benefits, so I wouldn’t recommend getting one if that one layover is the reason. Another problem is a Platinum cards allow complimentary access for only the cardmember and two guests (children under 2 are free), and any additional guest either needs their own Platinum card (or AU, which costs $) or you’ll need to pay $50 for a day pass, which might be a bit much for 2 hours.

No, unfortunately no Platinum or other Centurion Lounge access for me. Every time it's discussed I think about it but just don't think the math works for me, and we just don't fly into many airports where they even have Centurion lounges. Although manicures and massages does sound pretty awesome though...
DH thought the 2.5 hour layover was the better option too so I think I'll go for that. Thanks!

No, unfortunately no Platinum or other Centurion Lounge access for me. Every time it's discussed I think about it but just don't think the math works for me, and we just don't fly into many airports where they even have Centurion lounges. Although manicures and massages does sound pretty awesome though...
DH thought the 2.5 hour layover was the better option too so I think I'll go for that. Thanks!

I agree, the 2.5 hour layover is what I’d do as well (even without lounge access). The most you’ll do is be a bit bored but that’s a lot easier to deal with than a missed connection. I just had a similar debate about a layover on our way to Barcelona next July and opted for the longer connection.

I definitely would have taken the layover at a big airport like DFW. You can land there and spend 20-30 mins tax’ing to the gate. And last time we were in DFW, it was really hard just to get around the airport cause lots was blocked off due to construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter