I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure we could even make it work because Dh would have to take more work off but I’ll have to talk it over with him. This cruise is for November 2-9 so I’d think the weather should be decent.

Why do you prefer the eastern over the western?

ETA: Dh already responded and said let’s do it lol. It’s $2962 for a verandah. That seems like a pretty good price to me
I always travel as a party of three but that seems like a great price. I’m paying $5,400 (with discount) next summer for the three of us in the cheapest ocean view room. And it’s Western:(

Have any of you done the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise with Disney? I was wanting to only do a 4 night cruise but they just released a cruise in November with a Florida rate with that itinerary
We have done the Eastern Caribbean twice on the Fantasy. Once to St. Thomas (late Sept) and once to Puerto Rico (end of April//beg of May) and enjoyed both of them immensely. We went St. John on our St. Thomas day and it was breathtaking there! Both times it also stopped in St. Marteen and CC. Both times we booked VGT and the 1st time we had a family veranda and the other time upgraded at port to concierge for peanuts (considering what the room would have cost in advance plus it was DH’s 50th birthday surprise.)

Me—it’s amazing. Eastern is my favorite.View attachment 427128
My hubby and kids zip lined too. @haleyr you can do that on your own as well. I sent them off super early...like as soon as the ship allowed all ashore, so they'd beat the excursions busses to the zip lines. They were the first zip line customers that day and back to the ship around 10:30 and then we all loaded up and went to cane garden bay together via taxi until the afternoon.

Thank you!! I'll look into the CIP - is there a reason I need to meet the spend before referring DH?

No reason at all....you can send he a link as soon as you have the card.
For Chase business cards they will only approve you for 1 every 30 days...but most of us here apply every 3 months to increase our odds of automation approvals
For the business cards...just remember to apply using your first and last name only...nothing else....your SS number is the EIN and sole proprietor

We did an Eastern, but I can't really comment on ports. We were battling a hurricane. We had to leave St. Maarten early, before it got flattened the next day, and then got routed to Nassau (bleck) instead of St. Thomas. We still had an amazing time, Disney is great about changing this up on the fly, no complaints at all!

I am not surprised if there is nothing open in Disney resorts that period in December, since Rise of the Resistance opens 12/5. I suspect some people waited to book then, so they can experience the full land.

The annual fee for our Citi Premier Cards is coming up this month. Would it be an OK move to product change to a Citi Rewards+ Card. It looks like it still earns TY points, so I assume ours would transfer over. If that's not a good move, I'll probably just cash out for gift cards and cancel the cards (which is fine with me too).

Thanks for any advice!

Great info - thank you!! We were looking at the Hilton card last night, and weren't sure if we could apply for 2 Hilton cards at a time since we'd need 250,000 points to book 5 nights in order to get the 5th night free (super annoying rule, why do I need points for 5 nights when I'm only redeeming for 4 nights....)

I think @disneymagicgirl is right, you should only need 4 nights’ worth of points to book 5 nights. I have done this twice in the last 8 months or so and only needed the 4.

I always travel as a party of three but that seems like a great price. I’m paying $5,400 (with discount) next summer for the three of us in the cheapest ocean view room. And it’s Western:(
I’ve been waiting for them to drop more Florida rates for a month and they finally have this one as an option.

We have done the Eastern Caribbean twice on the Fantasy. Once to St. Thomas (late Sept) and once to Puerto Rico (end of April//beg of May) and enjoyed both of them immensely. We went St. John on our St. Thomas day and it was breathtaking there! Both times it also stopped in St. Marteen and CC. Both times we booked VGT and the 1st time we had a family veranda and the other time upgraded at port to concierge for peanuts (considering what the room would have cost in advance plus it was DH’s 50th birthday surprise.)
This one goes to St. Thomas. I really want to go to CC. It looks so awesome.

Will a Disney cruise through Disney count as travel on the CSR? Dh’s travel credit should reset on Thursday hopefully

The port is port Canaveral which is about a 20 minute drive from us. We would pay for a lyft to get there so we don’t have to leave our car. So that’s a good price?
I guess I should have asked which ports it visits? I’m guessing St. Maarten and St Thomas or Tortola in addition to Castaway Cay?
I think that price for a verandah is great. Of course, I’m conditioned to paying for 2 rooms!

Y'all.... cute story alert...So, we had just watched the MK parade at like 3:20 and now we had a FP to meet Mickey and Minnie. My ds8 looks completely confused in the queue and says, "How does Mickey get from the parade so fast to meet us here"???? :oops: He, legit, still believes. My heart melted. He still believes in Mickey! I cried, along with my teen dd's, we three cried.
:tink:Is was “Disney Magic”.

My best friend has made many trips to Disney with my family. Each of her grandchildren gets a turn for “their” Disney trip. When they ask “how....” the answer is often “Disney Magic”. By the end of their trip they are looking for and seeing “Disney Magic” all around. :lovestruc

Just got back late last night using SWA both ways...no issues or delays,altho my DH is convinced they no longer like to serve drinks on short flights (2-3 hours) and call it turbulence so they can't serve.... He says it keeps happening on every flight now,I never worry about it but it irks him. Since our flights are all free I told him you get what you pay for :rotfl: BTW I'm sure there was turbulence somewhere but not our flight...I just assume the captain avoided it, my DH is sure they want to withhold a cup of soda....:rotfl2:

Im trying to set up a budget for our 2020 vacations. We didn't budget this year and I think we went too crazy. I have totaled everything up yet and im not sure I want to lol. I was originally thinking 12,000 for four week long vacations and maybe a few long weekend trips. But now I do not think that will be enough. We have our ABD (5,000) two annual passes (2,000ish) Rome is covered except for excursions and food (1500?I could probably get this cheaper but I wanted to rent a fiat and have a driver for the day and that was like $300 lol) our trip with SO's family to their lakehouse (Car rental $500, Boat rental $1000 and a nice meal to treat his family $300 (we spent this this year and I had a heart attack because I was not expecting that much maybe like $150), plus helping out with the occasional groceries and taking his niece out for a day another $200) (I could cut the boat rental, but thats a lot of fun) DVC dues (500) That leaves $1000 left over for a weeklong Disney Trip and long weekends. Yuck, im not sure if I want to up the budget or start cutting things. I think considering I mostly use points for flights and hotels 12 grand on incidentals is ridiculous, but idk maybe im out of touch. My family traveled maybe once a year and my SO only went to the lake house for a week and his family only continues to do that so 12,000 seems like a lot, but maybe it isn't, idk? any thoughts?
Interesting..... I've always lived 'frugally' so if my budget is looking outsized compared to my income etc, I trim it. In the case of vacations, it's easier since nothing is vital. That's my 2 cents- of course long ago I made Dh a promise that our trips would never exceed 10% of our income(net income,not gross:sad:) and I've never come close to that number, purposefully. Our trips aren't free,b/c stuff usually costs something, but with all the savings,we are never left feeling like we didn't have a great time.... I'm sure your oop costs would be much higher except you use your ninja skills to save.... so that 12k would be a much bigger number! (only you know if it's too big for your personal budget) I know for us if I spend 5k in a year on travel,without the 'game'it would cost more like 20k......

Okay I have some cruise questions:

Are the Florida rates refundable?
Do we owe it all up front or is it a deposit?
Can we pay for the rest later with a gift card?
Should we go through a TA for onboard credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter