I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! First post here on DIS so please bear with me as I try to figure it out :)

Husbands
02/2017 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles
08/2017 - CHASE Amazon Rewards Card
03/2018 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred (3714 points currently)
05/2018 - WELLS FARGO Cash Wise Visa Platinum
02/2019 - CITI AAdvantage Platinum Select

Mine
11/2018 - AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles
02/2019 - CITI AAdvantage Platinum Select

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
    $2000-$3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
    yes pay in full every month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
    MSP, RST, AUS, SAT
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
    Delta
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport?
    Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
    Hilton
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
    Chase Sapphire - 3714
    Delta SkyMiles - not many
    AA - not many
    Hilton Honors 21000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
    Disney World Trip
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
    party of 6 - Self, husband, kids 8, 6, 3, 1

We will likely be driving to Disney so airline miles aren't much of an interest for us at this time. We're focusing on Cash Back and possibly Hilton Honors points for our stay, but we're open to other hotel reward programs as well. We don't need to stay on-site (although we would love to) but do want to be as close as possible to the parks. We're hoping to stay for 14 days with 10 day park tickets and stay under $5000 out of pocket.
:welcome:
Most of us here start off opening Chase cards every 3 months or so....since the URs ...can be used to book hotels through the UR travel portal, cashed out, transferred to travel partners, etc.

If you are interested in business cards...the Chase Ink Preferred CIP offers 80k URs after a 5k spend...you could open one...meet the spend...then send DH a support link from your CIP...you get 20k URs and he gets the 80k....so after your first 2 cards you have 190k URs

If you want to stick with personal cards....You could send DH a support link from your CSP...you get 15k URs and your DH gets 60k URs after a $4k spend

We also have a private DIS group on reddit with more tips.....you can contact @SouthFayetteFan @Lain or @Albort to join

I watched my first preseason NFL games today. SO, so happy to see football going again. Unfortunately, football means fall. I love fall. BUT fall means winter so I'd rather not have fall :( However, I was so happy to watch football again. I miss it so much when it's not football season. Hoping for less politics in football this season 😟 Excited for football but soaking up every bit of summer I can!
I am not a sports fan at all :-). And I don't want fall! I live in MN, so we all know what comes next. We didn't even get summer until July and it's not been that great. It's 51 right now, not what I want in August!
I was too busy yesterday to respond to the resort lists.
My heart belongs to BWV, it's truly my home. Can't explain why, it just is. I walk in a get choked up every single time. I do wish we had QS though, that is my only con for BWV.
I have stayed DVC at Poly twice. It's a gorgeous place, but it's not for me. Not really sure why. The location is nice though.
We stayed at the Contemporary for a couple of nights once, for my bucket list, and again location is amazing, and we had fun, but I was ready to move the BWV when it was time to go. I do love having the shops and QS all inside the building and looking down on Chef Mickeys from the hallways.
Have also stayed at YC and BC, both were wonderful. ASMo, which is the cutest darn place. We loved it, but that was 19 years ago. Have done a few nights at ASMu for a choir trip, it's fine, I really don't have major complaints about any Disney resorts, and I love the food courts at the values. One night at Pop, just to sleep. Again adorable, but the room seemed Tiny! That was quite a few years ago also. I haven't ever stayed at a moderate or the Swolphin, so can't comment there.

Looking for advice on traveling to Hawaii. I have family in Sacramento area, so we would like to fly there first for a few days and then go to Maui for a week. Hubby has never flown that far and this is my idea to break up the trip plus visit family too. The airport we usually fly out of is Albany, NY. I searched a bit just to get ideas and saw Hawaiian airline pop up and when I checked flights it was about $1100 round trip for two from Sacramento, but there was also a pop up saying I could apply for a Hawaiian airline credit and and get 60,000 miles and 50% off a companion ticket. I was going to try and book with SW because I already have CP with them. We also have some URs 80,000 and both of us have 70,000 each from AA cards. Any suggestions?

This thread might be of unfortunate interest All WDW Hotels Sold Out Between 12/4-12/11? I’ve seen numerous complaints of the lack of availability over and near Pop Warner time since early summer, it seems to be worse than in the past. Maybe a magical rate will get you around that. A wedding definitely would.... Imho you’ll have to run dual air/hotel searches instead of being able to book just air and then figure out the hotel.

I did notice that there was nothing available yesterday when I was looking. I could find stuff, but just not many options...all high priced deluxe. There is a good bit availability for going down 12 or 13 thru 18th though, and I am going to check on @speedyfish's room block dates, too.

I watched my first preseason NFL games today. SO, so happy to see football going again. Unfortunately, football means fall. I love fall. BUT fall means winter so I'd rather not have fall :( However, I was so happy to watch football again. I miss it so much when it's not football season. Hoping for less politics in football this season 😟 Excited for football but soaking up every bit of summer I can!

My sentiments exactly.:sad:

:welcome:
Most of us here start off opening Chase cards every 3 months or so....since the URs ...can be used to book hotels through the UR travel portal, cashed out, transferred to travel partners, etc.

If you are interested in business cards...the Chase Ink Preferred CIP offers 80k URs after a 5k spend...you could open one...meet the spend...then send DH a support link from your CIP...you get 20k URs and he gets the 80k....so after your first 2 cards you have 190k URs

If you want to stick with personal cards....You could send DH a support link from your CSP...you get 15k URs and your DH gets 60k URs after a $4k spend

We also have a private DIS group on reddit with more tips.....you can contact @SouthFayetteFan @Lain or @Albort to join
@jennaceleste I was thinking the UR route might work well too, as those Hilton hotels in DS can usually be had on PLE deals and even regular PL deals for quite cheap. If you booked that way, you could cash out a stash of URs to pay for it. Or if you do a couple hilton cards, you could book 5 nights on HH points (5th night free) and the do the UR cashout method for the other nights. Or 10 on HH points (5th and 10th night free) and last 4 on UR cashout. Just a few ideas. I see them in the $100/night range regularly. If you could book that rate on the UR portal and upgrade you CSP to a CSR, that would be even better.

Looking for advice on traveling to Hawaii. I have family in Sacramento area, so we would like to fly there first for a few days and then go to Maui for a week. Hubby has never flown that far and this is my idea to break up the trip plus visit family too. The airport we usually fly out of is Albany, NY. I searched a bit just to get ideas and saw Hawaiian airline pop up and when I checked flights it was about $1100 round trip for two from Sacramento, but there was also a pop up saying I could apply for a Hawaiian airline credit and and get 60,000 miles and 50% off a companion ticket. I was going to try and book with SW because I already have CP with them. We also have some URs 80,000 and both of us have 70,000 each from AA cards. Any suggestions?
I was finding round trip to Maui from BNA for under 70k AA miles, so maybe check that out. I was just looking for cheap though, not fancy seats.

Anyone eaten at Chefs de France? I needed one more table service meal for our dining plan and my BIL requested that. Menu looks good.
I loved my meal there. I had the French onion soup for my appetizer and my entree was the beef with linguini. They also brought me a dessert for my birthday and wrote happy birthday in French in chocolate on my plate. Dh said it was just okay but I would love to go back

I need help with the best method for DH and DSs to do Steamboat Springs for spring break. Count me out...I don't do cold. I am annoyed b/c this is messing up my stash for Hawaii next year, but Hawaii was for DH and if he wants to postpone it to hang out in the snow, so be it. DD3 and I will go to Disney instead. :rolleyes1

I booked a Hampton on points, so hotel is taken care of. Unfortunately the Sheraton that is ski-in/out is booked full for the dates.
I will book SW flights probably....just waiting for them to open late next month.

I need help covering the cost of lift tickets/equiptment. There is a buy an adult, get a kid free deal...so total is about $1500. The Steamboat website has a banner that says pay with MRs, but when I click it, nothing happens. He isn't getting the URs...those are mine for disney. :oops::rotfl2:

What should I open to help mitigate the cost of lift tickets? He is 2/24 with one falling off next month. He is already drinking from the CIPpy cup. I need another idea...like the arrival+ that is no longer an option.

Have any of you done the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise with Disney? I was wanting to only do a 4 night cruise but they just released a cruise in November with a Florida rate with that itinerary

more chase cards... im guessing Hilton is at the top of your list? Does Hyatt have any interest in you? You should complete the UR line, CIP, CIC, CIU, although are business cards, would you be willing to apply for them? If not, also look into Freedom card line(CFU and CF).

Thank you!! We're willing to apply for business cards, I do have a part time photography business. Can I apply for more than 1at a time or do I need to wait for each one?

Have any of you done the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise with Disney? I was wanting to only do a 4 night cruise but they just released a cruise in November with a Florida rate with that itinerary
yes, twice!
This past December wasn't the best. Weather bad, rough seas, missed CC.
Another time we did Sept and all was well.
Another year we were scheduled eastern but it turned into western because the islands were obliterated by the hurricanes.

I definitely prefer it over the western route and you can do excursions on your own so that is cheaper.

Thank you!! We're willing to apply for business cards, I do have a part time photography business. Can I apply for more than 1at a time or do I need to wait for each one?
You will want to put 90 days in-between your apps with Chase...for each person. You could app now and DH now, but it would probably be better to stagger. You app now and then refer him in 45ish days, then rinse and repeat.

ETA: Also, ask us for help on the application so you have the best chance of going through with no issues.
And, ask @Lain or @SouthFayetteFan to add you to DISchurners so you can support a fellow DISer for the first app.

ETAA: Also, I'd start with CIP for both of you and I'd probably say to do that twice each. That will get you the most points with the least spend. If you can handle another MSR at the same time as the CIPs, you could go for the HH Biz cards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!